Halfords

Halfords Employee Reviews in Dublin

A Good stepping stone
It is a great place to learn good practice to take on to your next role somewhere else. Big box retail can look great on a CV but if your goal is to work within the cycling industry you may struggle to find work in other areas.
Great place to start your working career
Halfords is a great place to start your working career. While working there you are learning basic skills required in the potential future jobs. Such skills include: Communication, Teamwork, Problem solving, Organisational, Precision and Ability to work under pressure. The management of Halfords is great, helpfull and encourages you to improve yourself. Dealing with a variety of customers is the hardest part, due to their variability and sometimes their mood. The co-workers are the best people in your life, cracking jokes and keep you accompany throughout the day.
Pros
Great Start in great environment.
Cons
Standing whole day on your feet.
Full of emtpy promise from area manger
Not a great place to work . They could not careless about the colleagues as the expect you to spend all your time in the work place . Managers like to spend most of the time in the office and micro manage . The pay is stocking and bonuses where taken away from colleagues but the managers still get bonus and you are always messed around with your pay . Area manager promise you the earth moon and stars but nothing ever comes of it . Managers treats the colleagues badly and get away with it . Health and safety are very bad dragging heavy boxes up and down stair all the time with little to no storage space
Pros
You get staff card for 25% discount but the produce they sell are not great . So no point
Cons
To many to list
Good fun place to work.
Halford's is a great place to work as you develop experience in all areas dealing with customers and sorting shelves and stock.
I would recommend it to anyone to work here as its a great place to gain skills .
Pros
great discounts on bikes and other materials .
Cons
hard working sometimes coming into different seasons like Christmas is very busy.
Excellent, Supportive workplace.
A typical day at work included a vast amount of tasks that were challenging however throughout the day they were all completed. I learnt important skills to go with retail as a sector such as merchandising, stock taking and just general house keeping/facing off. I also learnt very valuable skills when it comes to bikes as well as cars that I have and I'm sure I will continue to use in the future. The management was very well structured and succeeded well in motivating the team throughout the day, getting the workload at hand complete. My co-workers were also very hard working and helped to make me feel part of the team. The hardest part of the job had to be the getting up early in the morning to make the hour long journey to work however after the day had ended I got an excellent feeling of satisfaction knowing a good days work had been done and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Friendly work space.
Cons
N/a