Halfords
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Halfords Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Sales Advisor5 reviews
Ireland5 reviews
I never had an interview. Did some work experince and never left. The guys and gals there are great to work with. The english side of things suck.
The supply of goods from the English side is stupid and poorly managed. To much stock sent to us. Stock we need not sent. Stock not selling is sent even more. That's why I left. To much stock every where and not the stock that was needed.
Broken promises
They’ll run you ragged for v poor pay. No bonuses but promised them. Xmas is horrible working here.
Customers are mostly ok but Xmas brings out the worst in them
Halfords is a great place to work.

If you are willing to learn they have training causes you can do which gives you extra pay per hour.

All in all great place with so many opportunities to progress in the company.

Always happy to go to work even on a Monday.
Work you like a dog, random hours , impossible to make plans
Worked a number years, took all the hours i could to boost pay from my low hours contract, colleagues would regularly ring in sick and then i'd get a last minute phone call.

Bad managers made the good ones lose hope and leave.

Huge staff turnover even in the middle of the worst recession in history such was the toxic atmosphere .

About 80% of customers are really nice and great-full for help, which leaves about 20% complaining about prices of products something which staff have no control over, wanting bicycles fixed for free, demanding ridiculous warranty issues on bicycles, complaining bulbs which have other shop brand names on them were bought last month and should be replaced under warranty.

Not enough staff on duty to run the store.

Very difficult to take a break .

You do get 25% staff discount .

Some items on clearance are very cheap.
Pros
25% discount although can still be more expensive than other stores.
Cons
Under staffed, ran ragged, worked like a dog, no regard for hard work done by staff just take take take
Excellent, Supportive workplace.
A typical day at work included a vast amount of tasks that were challenging however throughout the day they were all completed. I learnt important skills to go with retail as a sector such as merchandising, stock taking and just general house keeping/facing off. I also learnt very valuable skills when it comes to bikes as well as cars that I have and I'm sure I will continue to use in the future. The management was very well structured and succeeded well in motivating the team throughout the day, getting the workload at hand complete. My co-workers were also very hard working and helped to make me feel part of the team. The hardest part of the job had to be the getting up early in the morning to make the hour long journey to work however after the day had ended I got an excellent feeling of satisfaction knowing a good days work had been done and that was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Friendly work space.
Cons
N/a