Harry Corry Ltd

Harry Corry Ltd Employee Reviews

Interior consultant floor assistant
Nice place to work all the staff were lovely, however a bit pushy when it comes to approaching customers and feel like you’re being watched all the time. Bathroom breaks are strict. Also feels like they focus more on your negatives than your positives. Pay is good.
loved working in Harry Corry
I had an amazing few years working in Harry Corry. They are a great company to work for. They will accommodate you wherever possible with work hours. Training is very good. I never had any issues with getting paid and the xmas bonus is always lovely to receive.
No complaints, and would highly recommend.
Lovely environment to work in
Fair and engaged management, easily contactable and nice to deal with.
Great training and lovely environment to learn and develop skills in customer service an satisfaction.
Good place to work and good pay
Relaxed atmosphere, i worked there for 6 months and enjoyed my time there. Friendly management and colleagues.
A typical day would consist of helping customers, in the work floor book you would be assigned a task eg, put away bedding section, iron and put on new arrival bed cover on bed display etc..
Horrible place to work
horrible atmosphere and a lot of bullying involved, left in tears most days would definitely not recommend this job. By far the most negative place iv ever worked
Great Company to work for
Great atmosphere, very friendly staff. Boss is very nice, always puts staff needs first. Pay was very good, best i've ever had on part time job. would highly recommend.
Pros
great Pay
Cons
Rude customers
Great for Part-time work
I worked here while at college and they were very flexible and understanding re exam time. They have a good sales culture and encourage a 'hunter' mentality. Could do more and offer commissions.
Not Recommended
Management has become unbearable in Cork Branch, petty rules and ridiculous targets with no thanks or commission, staff leaving all the time, rotten atmosphere
Lovely place to work for
When i was working in harry Corry every one was so helpful. I got on with everyone. Its such a relaxing place to work in. I enjoyed every time i went into work. The mangement there are so nice you couldn't ask for better people. The hardest part would of been dealing with unhappy customer. The most enjoyable thing about this job is that you meet different people everyday, new products coming in and obviously the discount you get. When i was leaving it was so sad because everyone was so nice and supportive.
Pros
Discount in shop
Cons
Very short shifts when travelling long distances
Targets
The job was enjoyable, unfortunately it was the long serving members of staff that were bullies, Targets had to be met so if you made more sales than them you were acused of stealing there customers. Head office did nothing to help sort out these bullies and 6-7 new staff members left.
Cons
Bullies
The worst place I have ever worked
Terrible place to work! You are basically treated like a nobody from top management. They come to visit from Belfast head office and barely say hello to you.
Very hard to get weekends off, only 10% staff discount. Even toilet breaks are monitored, watched constantly on cctv by head office... would not recommend at all
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
I worked as a sales assistant for 2 years and o absolutely loved the job. Great co workers always busy and I loved helping the customers with the designs for their homes.
Your on your feet a lot that's about the only con
Cons
On your feet all the time
happy in your work place
Working for this company was an absolute privilege. Every member of staff in our store was a team player and it showed in the happy and friendly environment in the store. The management could not have been better they made sure we knew our training and how to carry out our tasks properly, they were also very fair and worked out our hours to suit everyone's life outside of work as best as possible.

I learned so much while working for this company, and not just the professional level of training i received but also how to meet my daily sales targets while still completing my jobs and dealing with the customers with a professional and friendly approach.

When leaving this job it was not an easy decision as it was leaving my friends behind not just work colleagues.
Good place to work!
Great place to work, have been employed with the company for 12 years.

I have learned many skills, including merchandising stock, developed good communication skills, management skills, and great training. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers, and finding out if the advice you have given works out!
Productive fun enviroment
you will see I have vast experience in a number of positions, with some well established retailers.

I am a very punctual, flexible and reliable person who will always give it 110 percent to best further the good image of the business and ensure that every customer has a positive experience each and every visit.

I work well in a team environment but have the initiative to work on my own and indeed problem solve should the need arise.

I have many skills to offer and feel given the opportunity I could further better these skills and indeed learn more.

Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
not enough hours