Harry Corry Ltd

Harry Corry Ltd Employee Reviews

Good company to work for

The company is good to work for, but their Management staff need to improve their relationships with the staff members. A lot of bias actions and clicks in the work place, which makes atmosphere very bad to work in if u are not one of favourites by manager. The company itself takes care of the staff in relation to any problems with health issues ( caused by the worknload). The wage is very small for the reponsibilities that are expected from you. No sick pay, little annual leave. Expect a lot from you on physical level, but no reward for you extra hard work.

Positive and enjoyable workplace

I worked in the mullingar store for a year and it was a great working environment. All staff and management were very helpful and friendly. The rota's were always fair and completed weeks in advance. Overall a positive experience working there, I would definitely recommend to a friend or anyone looking for a start in retail.

Pros

Good pay

i worked in the Mullingar store for nearly 3 years . Due to management restructuring it became a very pleasant work environment to be in. My colleagues were supportive and we worked well together. The rotas were fair and you were given them well in advance. If you needed time off this was facilitated . I enjoyed my time working there and was sad to leave due to the happy relaxed atmosphere that we worked in. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to work that is warm and friendly, from the management down to my store colleagues.

Very friendly and helpful

I worked as a Sales Assistant in Harry Corrys for a year and a half and the experience I had was excellent. All co-workers got on excellent couldn’t recommend and thank the management enough very understanding and helpful. Great to work and help with customers and have a good chat. Overall had a brilliant experience in Harry Corrys and would highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Great place

Amazing atmosphere, all co workers were lovely and head office were always friendly and easy to talk to. Shifts are usually 4-5 hours (pre covid) which wasn’t suitable for me but it’s great for part time workers. Customer service was always the number one priority, I spent most of my time chatting with customers about products. You will need to do some heavy lifting with furniture/mattresses but there’s equipment to help with that. If you have an interest in interior design or home furnishings I would highly recommend working at harry corry.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Not enough hours

Harry Corry Mullingar

Great place to work, very supportive when I needed time off for exams. Good pay enjoyed the work. Friendly and welcoming, great training . Would recommend I enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Not enough hours

loved working in Harry Corry

I had an amazing few years working in Harry Corry. They are a great company to work for. They will accommodate you wherever possible with work hours. Training is very good. I never had any issues with getting paid and the xmas bonus is always lovely to receive. No complaints, and would highly recommend.

Lovely environment to work in

Fair and engaged management, easily contactable and nice to deal with. Great training and lovely environment to learn and develop skills in customer service an satisfaction.

Interior consultant floor assistant

Nice place to work all the staff were lovely, however a bit pushy when it comes to approaching customers and feel like you’re being watched all the time. Bathroom breaks are strict. Also feels like they focus more on your negatives than your positives. Pay is good.

Good place to work and good pay

Relaxed atmosphere, i worked there for 6 months and enjoyed my time there. Friendly management and colleagues. A typical day would consist of helping customers, in the work floor book you would be assigned a task eg, put away bedding section, iron and put on new arrival bed cover on bed display etc..

Horrible place to work

horrible atmosphere and a lot of bullying involved, left in tears most days would definitely not recommend this job. By far the most negative place iv ever worked

Great Company to work for

Great atmosphere, very friendly staff. Boss is very nice, always puts staff needs first. Pay was very good, best i've ever had on part time job. would highly recommend.

Pros

great Pay

Cons

Rude customers

Great for Part-time work

I worked here while at college and they were very flexible and understanding re exam time. They have a good sales culture and encourage a 'hunter' mentality. Could do more and offer commissions.

Not Recommended

Management has become unbearable in Cork Branch, petty rules and ridiculous targets with no thanks or commission, staff leaving all the time, rotten atmosphere

Lovely place to work for

When i was working in harry Corry every one was so helpful. I got on with everyone. Its such a relaxing place to work in. I enjoyed every time i went into work. The mangement there are so nice you couldn't ask for better people. The hardest part would of been dealing with unhappy customer. The most enjoyable thing about this job is that you meet different people everyday, new products coming in and obviously the discount you get. When i was leaving it was so sad because everyone was so nice and supportive.

Pros

Discount in shop

Cons

Very short shifts when travelling long distances

Targets

The job was enjoyable, unfortunately it was the long serving members of staff that were bullies, Targets had to be met so if you made more sales than them you were acused of stealing there customers. Head office did nothing to help sort out these bullies and 6-7 new staff members left.

Cons

Bullies

The worst place I have ever worked

Terrible place to work! You are basically treated like a nobody from top management. They come to visit from Belfast head office and barely say hello to you. Very hard to get weekends off, only 10% staff discount. Even toilet breaks are monitored, watched constantly on cctv by head office... would not recommend at all

Pros

Cons

Almost everything

I worked as a sales assistant for 2 years and o absolutely loved the job. Great co workers always busy and I loved helping the customers with the designs for their homes. Your on your feet a lot that's about the only con

Cons

On your feet all the time

happy in your work place

Working for this company was an absolute privilege. Every member of staff in our store was a team player and it showed in the happy and friendly environment in the store. The management could not have been better they made sure we knew our training and how to carry out our tasks properly, they were also very fair and worked out our hours to suit everyone's life outside of work as best as possible. I learned so much while working for this company, and not just the professional level of training i received but also how to meet my daily sales targets while still completing my jobs and dealing with the customers with a professional and friendly approach. When leaving this job it was not an easy decision as it was leaving my friends behind not just work colleagues.

Good place to work!

Great place to work, have been employed with the company for 12 years. I have learned many skills, including merchandising stock, developed good communication skills, management skills, and great training. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers, and finding out if the advice you have given works out!

Productive fun enviroment

you will see I have vast experience in a number of positions, with some well established retailers. I am a very punctual, flexible and reliable person who will always give it 110 percent to best further the good image of the business and ensure that every customer has a positive experience each and every visit. I work well in a team environment but have the initiative to work on my own and indeed problem solve should the need arise. I have many skills to offer and feel given the opportunity I could further better these skills and indeed learn more.

Pros

great work enviroment

Cons

not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry Corry Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement