Harry Corry Ltd

Harry Corry Ltd Employee Reviews

Good company to work for

The company is good to work for, but their Management staff need to improve their relationships with the staff members. A lot of bias actions and clicks in the work place, which makes atmosphere very bad to work in if u are not one of favourites by manager. The company itself takes care of the staff in relation to any problems with health issues ( caused by the worknload). The wage is very small for the reponsibilities that are expected from you. No sick pay, little annual leave. Expect a lot from you on physical level, but no reward for you extra hard work.

i worked in the Mullingar store for nearly 3 years . Due to management restructuring it became a very pleasant work environment to be in. My colleagues were supportive and we worked well together. The rotas were fair and you were given them well in advance. If you needed time off this was facilitated . I enjoyed my time working there and was sad to leave due to the happy relaxed atmosphere that we worked in. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to work that is warm and friendly, from the management down to my store colleagues.

Very friendly and helpful

I worked as a Sales Assistant in Harry Corrys for a year and a half and the experience I had was excellent. All co-workers got on excellent couldn’t recommend and thank the management enough very understanding and helpful. Great to work and help with customers and have a good chat. Overall had a brilliant experience in Harry Corrys and would highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Fantastic company to work for

A typical day at work includes serving customers and pricing and merchandising stock. I have learned a huge amount from working in Harry Corry and have been extremely lucky to be a part of this company. The management in the store are wonderful and truly care for you. Directors of the company are always polite when they visit and always as how you are. Harry Corry is a fantastic company to work for - they give a Christmas bonus and have been excellent with pay during lockdown. I am well looked after at work and management go above and beyond to fulfil holiday requests. I never feel under pressure and would work here forever if I could. Great team and great workplace culture. Although there is heavy lifting involved sometimes, we are always told to have more than one person lifting it. Male members of staff are always more than willing to help. I have worked in many places and Harry Corry beats them all, by far.

Pros

Pay, colleagues

Cons

Heavy lifting

Great place

Amazing atmosphere, all co workers were lovely and head office were always friendly and easy to talk to. Shifts are usually 4-5 hours (pre covid) which wasn’t suitable for me but it’s great for part time workers. Customer service was always the number one priority, I spent most of my time chatting with customers about products. You will need to do some heavy lifting with furniture/mattresses but there’s equipment to help with that. If you have an interest in interior design or home furnishings I would highly recommend working at harry corry.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Not enough hours

Harry Corry Mullingar

Great place to work, very supportive when I needed time off for exams. Good pay enjoyed the work. Friendly and welcoming, great training . Would recommend I enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Not enough hours

loved working in Harry Corry

I had an amazing few years working in Harry Corry. They are a great company to work for. They will accommodate you wherever possible with work hours. Training is very good. I never had any issues with getting paid and the xmas bonus is always lovely to receive. No complaints, and would highly recommend.

Lovely environment to work in

Fair and engaged management, easily contactable and nice to deal with. Great training and lovely environment to learn and develop skills in customer service an satisfaction.

Interior consultant floor assistant

Nice place to work all the staff were lovely, however a bit pushy when it comes to approaching customers and feel like you’re being watched all the time. Bathroom breaks are strict. Also feels like they focus more on your negatives than your positives. Pay is good.

Good place to work and good pay

Relaxed atmosphere, i worked there for 6 months and enjoyed my time there. Friendly management and colleagues. A typical day would consist of helping customers, in the work floor book you would be assigned a task eg, put away bedding section, iron and put on new arrival bed cover on bed display etc..

Jobs at Harry Corry Ltd

See more jobs

Horrible place to work

horrible atmosphere and a lot of bullying involved, left in tears most days would definitely not recommend this job. By far the most negative place iv ever worked

Great Company to work for

Great atmosphere, very friendly staff. Boss is very nice, always puts staff needs first. Pay was very good, best i've ever had on part time job. would highly recommend.

Pros

great Pay

Cons

Rude customers

Great for Part-time work

I worked here while at college and they were very flexible and understanding re exam time. They have a good sales culture and encourage a 'hunter' mentality. Could do more and offer commissions.

Great working environment

There is a great working environment in the head office working within a team. Everyone is friendly and happy to help each other. You often engage with the directors, buyers and senior management, so you always feel like you are kept in the loop.

Pros

Good working environment

what I learned

I learned a lot about stock replenishment, staking shelves etc. I learned about the importance of presentation and to not be afraid to use my creative initiative. By working alongside skilled and experienced individuals i expanded my knowledge on curtains, blinds ad measurements regarding these.

Pros

short hours, friendly staff

Cons

felt unsure of what I had to do at times, not very busy at times

Not Recommended

Management has become unbearable in Cork Branch, petty rules and ridiculous targets with no thanks or commission, staff leaving all the time, rotten atmosphere

Lovely place to work for

When i was working in harry Corry every one was so helpful. I got on with everyone. Its such a relaxing place to work in. I enjoyed every time i went into work. The mangement there are so nice you couldn't ask for better people. The hardest part would of been dealing with unhappy customer. The most enjoyable thing about this job is that you meet different people everyday, new products coming in and obviously the discount you get. When i was leaving it was so sad because everyone was so nice and supportive.

Pros

Discount in shop

Cons

Very short shifts when travelling long distances

Avoid as long as the current manager in the Dundee store is there

I was sad to leave this job as I did really enjoy the tasks and other staff. The manager on the other hand, is awful. She’s rude, speaks down to people (customers included) doesn’t know her job, is extremely petty and makes up her own rules as she goes to which she in no way follows. I would avoid avoid avoid, especially if you are young or inexperienced in dealing with bully’s.

Great for a while

Harry Corry was a great place to work for a long time but it changed quite quickly after a certain manager decided to cause problems. a lot of the staff were amazing and super supportive. as a member of staff with more responsibilities there was a little bit more pressure but it was handled well until my last few months of working with the company. the manager was calculating, rude and refuses to follow policies properly. very difficult to work with and creates more work for others because of the carelessness. same goes for a couple of the other managers in scotland branches, they need to start doing things the right way instead of their own way and actually treat people with respect because some of their behaviours have been despicable. Hopefully all will realise mistakes eventually and will sort it out but for the main part working with Harry Corry, it was great and I have some great memories

Fun and I Love it

helping customers design there room by helping them match there curtains and wallpaper together as well as bed clothes. You also do delivery on week day shift.

Nice stores, outside management not so much

Ask any Harry Corry staff member who works in the store and you'll likely get the same answer. The store environment is great. Staff are friendly and helpful and are like a little family. Bring in any of the older outside management, i.e. directors/owners, and it changed. They aren't as helpful or supportive and can often find things to complain about even if it's only something small or even if you follow display guides exactly how they wanted. One woman in particular is nasty and likes to play the "big boss" often leading to tears despite the fact she does this with a lovely fake smile. Apart from this I loved working there and if you're lucky enough to rarely see these outside managers you would have a fantastic time working with Harry Corry!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry Corry Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement
  • Harry Corry Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?