Harry Corry Ltd

Harry Corry Ltd Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant17 reviews
Ireland17 reviews

A lot to learn but lots of support

I enjoyed working at Harry Corry in the time I was there. There was a lot of.l technical things to learn at first such as curtain sizes, widths, drops, how to convert measurements etc. I liked delivery day where you were kept busy pricing and merchandising all day. I didn’t like the target driven culture and their own method of customer service as it felt repetitive and robotic after a while and unnatural. Management was great and relaxed. I loved my colleagues who were always a great support.

Pros

Staff discount, decent pay, nice environment

Cons

Short hour contracts, performance reviews every few weeks, repetitive customer service methods, personal targets

Ideal for a college student and great work environment

I loved working here. I worked here as a college student and I couldn’t recommend the staff, management and company itself enough. This job was very suitable for me while studying. A lot of great training is provided which has also assisted me in the career which I attended college for! A true sense of team work and collaboration is promoted within the store. Management encourage a culture where everyone works as an entire team, which avoided any clicks or people feeling left out! I wish I was aware of this before starting, this is exactly what I was nervous about starting a new job. Pay is great and initiative and hard work is definitely noticed and rewarded!

Pros

Uniform provided, additional pay on sundays and bank holidays, holistic training

Great team

I loved working in Harry Corry Kilkenny, the team and management are all so helpful and understanding, always a great atmosphere between all staff and the training provided is brilliant.

Awful management who treat you like dirt

All management and supervisors want you to do is gossip . Not a nice place at all.Belittle you constantly One rule for one and one rule for another Don’t care about your work ethic as long as you are their target for the day

Pros

Non

Cons

Perfect place for students to work, however 4 hour shifts aren't great and take up most of the day if you're in mid afternoon

Great staff and management, however 4 hour shifts are a regular occurrence and aren't great if its a 2-6 shift and it takes up your whole day. Temporary contract isn't great and you're often chosen to be permanent based on personality and ability to get on with other members rather than targets and job performance

Pros

great for students, easy work

Cons

can get very boring

Lovely staff, new things everyday.

Very productive environment, well trained in customer service. A lot of manual handling but very worth it as pay is good. Rewarding work. Lots to learn but pays off and makes the service you give better.

Pros

Great environment, really good training, good pay and lenient with absence and requests for days off/holidays

Cons

Part time hours are midday onward very rare you get an early hours shift, So most the day is taken up even if you're only in 4 hours.

Positive and enjoyable workplace

I worked in the mullingar store for a year and it was a great working environment. All staff and management were very helpful and friendly. The rota's were always fair and completed weeks in advance. Overall a positive experience working there, I would definitely recommend to a friend or anyone looking for a start in retail.

Pros

Good pay

Very friendly and helpful

I worked as a Sales Assistant in Harry Corrys for a year and a half and the experience I had was excellent. All co-workers got on excellent couldn’t recommend and thank the management enough very understanding and helpful. Great to work and help with customers and have a good chat. Overall had a brilliant experience in Harry Corrys and would highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Great place

Amazing atmosphere, all co workers were lovely and head office were always friendly and easy to talk to. Shifts are usually 4-5 hours (pre covid) which wasn’t suitable for me but it’s great for part time workers. Customer service was always the number one priority, I spent most of my time chatting with customers about products. You will need to do some heavy lifting with furniture/mattresses but there’s equipment to help with that. If you have an interest in interior design or home furnishings I would highly recommend working at harry corry.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Not enough hours

Harry Corry Mullingar

Great place to work, very supportive when I needed time off for exams. Good pay enjoyed the work. Friendly and welcoming, great training . Would recommend I enjoyed my time there.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Not enough hours

Lovely environment to work in

Fair and engaged management, easily contactable and nice to deal with. Great training and lovely environment to learn and develop skills in customer service an satisfaction.

Horrible place to work

horrible atmosphere and a lot of bullying involved, left in tears most days would definitely not recommend this job. By far the most negative place iv ever worked

Great for Part-time work

I worked here while at college and they were very flexible and understanding re exam time. They have a good sales culture and encourage a 'hunter' mentality. Could do more and offer commissions.

Not Recommended

Management has become unbearable in Cork Branch, petty rules and ridiculous targets with no thanks or commission, staff leaving all the time, rotten atmosphere

Targets

The job was enjoyable, unfortunately it was the long serving members of staff that were bullies, Targets had to be met so if you made more sales than them you were acused of stealing there customers. Head office did nothing to help sort out these bullies and 6-7 new staff members left.

Cons

Bullies

The worst place I have ever worked

Terrible place to work! You are basically treated like a nobody from top management. They come to visit from Belfast head office and barely say hello to you. Very hard to get weekends off, only 10% staff discount. Even toilet breaks are monitored, watched constantly on cctv by head office... would not recommend at all

Pros

Cons

Almost everything

I worked as a sales assistant for 2 years and o absolutely loved the job. Great co workers always busy and I loved helping the customers with the designs for their homes. Your on your feet a lot that's about the only con

Cons

On your feet all the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry Corry Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement