Harry Corry Ltd

Harry Corry Ltd Management reviews

Clear

Good company to work for

The company is good to work for, but their Management staff need to improve their relationships with the staff members. A lot of bias actions and clicks in the work place, which makes atmosphere very bad to work in if u are not one of favourites by manager. The company itself takes care of the staff in relation to any problems with health issues ( caused by the worknload). The wage is very small for the reponsibilities that are expected from you. No sick pay, little annual leave. Expect a lot from you on physical level, but no reward for you extra hard work.

Positive and enjoyable workplace

I worked in the mullingar store for a year and it was a great working environment. All staff and management were very helpful and friendly. The rota's were always fair and completed weeks in advance. Overall a positive experience working there, I would definitely recommend to a friend or anyone looking for a start in retail.

Pros

Good pay

i worked in the Mullingar store for nearly 3 years . Due to management restructuring it became a very pleasant work environment to be in. My colleagues were supportive and we worked well together. The rotas were fair and you were given them well in advance. If you needed time off this was facilitated . I enjoyed my time working there and was sad to leave due to the happy relaxed atmosphere that we worked in. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to work that is warm and friendly, from the management down to my store colleagues.

Very friendly and helpful

I worked as a Sales Assistant in Harry Corrys for a year and a half and the experience I had was excellent. All co-workers got on excellent couldn’t recommend and thank the management enough very understanding and helpful. Great to work and help with customers and have a good chat. Overall had a brilliant experience in Harry Corrys and would highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Not enough hours

Lovely environment to work in

Fair and engaged management, easily contactable and nice to deal with. Great training and lovely environment to learn and develop skills in customer service an satisfaction.

Good place to work and good pay

Relaxed atmosphere, i worked there for 6 months and enjoyed my time there. Friendly management and colleagues. A typical day would consist of helping customers, in the work floor book you would be assigned a task eg, put away bedding section, iron and put on new arrival bed cover on bed display etc..

Horrible place to work

horrible atmosphere and a lot of bullying involved, left in tears most days would definitely not recommend this job. By far the most negative place iv ever worked

Not Recommended

Management has become unbearable in Cork Branch, petty rules and ridiculous targets with no thanks or commission, staff leaving all the time, rotten atmosphere

The worst place I have ever worked

Terrible place to work! You are basically treated like a nobody from top management. They come to visit from Belfast head office and barely say hello to you. Very hard to get weekends off, only 10% staff discount. Even toilet breaks are monitored, watched constantly on cctv by head office... would not recommend at all

Pros

Cons

Almost everything

happy in your work place

Working for this company was an absolute privilege. Every member of staff in our store was a team player and it showed in the happy and friendly environment in the store. The management could not have been better they made sure we knew our training and how to carry out our tasks properly, they were also very fair and worked out our hours to suit everyone's life outside of work as best as possible. I learned so much while working for this company, and not just the professional level of training i received but also how to meet my daily sales targets while still completing my jobs and dealing with the customers with a professional and friendly approach. When leaving this job it was not an easy decision as it was leaving my friends behind not just work colleagues.

Good place to work!

Great place to work, have been employed with the company for 12 years. I have learned many skills, including merchandising stock, developed good communication skills, management skills, and great training. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with customers, and finding out if the advice you have given works out!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harry Corry Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement