Hayfield Manor Hotel

Hayfield Manor Hotel Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews

Great working environment, like being apart of a family.

Hayfield was a wonderful place to work in the time I spent there, days could be long and stressful at times but I had a real sense of belonging and support of the company, compensation could have been more competitive.

Warm and friendly atmosphere

Loved my time in Hayfield, I would happily return again. Got on with all departments as they are so close to one another. HR in Hayfield was extremely helpful and management recognised when you needed help when carrying out big duties within the hotel. Everyone was helpful and happy as there was no extra pressure from Management which led to great customer satisfaction.

Not recommended but was a nice place to work at

The standard is so high and between school and study I could not keep up , manager was very motivating , and pushed you to do your best Rooms weren’t dirty but still had to be cleaned to high standardRooms were pretty and enjoyable I don’t recommend working here if you don’t truly need to , if you aren’t 100% committed and flexible don’t waste your time

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Overtime Rude supervisors

Best Place to Work!

Since Joining Hayfield Manor it has been the best place I have worked. The Management, Staff, Guests and Benefits are amazing. The Staff and Management are amazing and will help you with absolutely anything you need help with. Interacting with Guests in Hayfield is such a pleasure and getting to hear all their stories is really fun after they come from Far and Beyond. I would encourage anybody to come and work at Hayfield!

Pros

Free Meal, Free Uniform, Amazing Colleagues and Management

Cons

None :)

Excellence and hypocrisy

Working at Hayfield was more about personal development then just money and for this reason I think they should pay their waitresses double. The standards are very high. But I found I was so meticulous about things that went unnoticed. I found I gave a lot of care and attention in the dining room which required focus and attention to detail only to be verbally abused at any opportunity upon entering the kitchen over the most trivial things. Being skitxophrenic should have been part of the job description. I doted over my clients and I was always courteous and conscientious. But I found the abuse I got from the pastry chef unnessessary disarming and crippled my sense of duty and discernment on the dining room floor. I didn’t feel I was paid sufficiently for excellence and hypocrisy. They should add a therapists fee onto the waitresses wages. Having said that beautiful venue, gracious clients, dutiful maintenance, polite management, kind floor staff and accommodation staff! I loved preparing the dining room for breakfast and dinner something really special about that standard of dining. But sadly all that dignity didn’t stretch to kitchen staff!!!

Pros

Learned a lot

Cons

Kitchen staff

Fabulous team

Love my job, love my team, great hotel, amazing guests. I am able to come to work, bring my personality, and enjoy it The culture of the hotel and department I really engage with

Pros

team work

Cons

cannot think of any right now

Being part of the best - what is better?

I loved this hotel. Hayfield Manor was a great place to work, the people make it what it is. All of the hotel reviews mention the amazing people, well they are just as amazing to work with. So many who leave return and I can now see why, their is no place like it.

Pros

Amazing People

Awesome place to work

Had a great time working as part of the team at Hayfield Manor. Really rewarding, great fun and lovely culture. I hope that all working environments I join mirror this hotel.

Pros

Recognition, reward, working with great people

Cons

nothing I can think of

espectacular

Excelente Hotel 5 estrellas con excelente ambiente laboral y oportunidades. Espero poder volver.

Hi end of hospitality

It was a great experience, am thankful for knolage that I received, it was an boost but one thing is important, they are changing staff at high speed because of minimum wage and manipulations on tips, that's really big money taken from the staff, and job is to keep 5* service. I can and I did, But I got 12€ per hour as next job offer and tips so that's why I left.

Pros

Knolage

Cons

Low money

good starting job

long hours and little pay tips taken for broken crockery, split shifts between different restaurnets requiring three different uniforms and having to shave before each shift sometime twice a day

good

The hours were great! At times the hotel would be busy, and would demand a lot of attention. Most of the time, however, it was a very relaxed environment.The pay was more than fair for the amount of work that the job required Good pay, reasonable hours, plenty of downtime

Pros

Good pay, reasonable hours, plenty of downtime

Expérience

Très bonne expérience à l'étranger, Travail et ambiance agréable.

petit-déjeuner

je m'occupais du buffet du petit-déjeuner, de débarrasser, de la mise en place

Diverse workplace

The people are great, the work is hard but rewarding. Great opportunities are there if you're willing to work for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hayfield Manor Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hayfield Manor Hotel with

Hayfield Manor Hotel reviews by location

Learn about Hayfield Manor Hotel in popular locations

• Hayfield Manor Hotel
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?