Health Service Executive

Health Service Executive Employee Reviews in Cork

A busy unit, long hours, understaffed. Caring for high risk and low risk pregnant women. Centre of excellence. Women transferred into our care from other hospitals/counties. Front line managers supportive and hard working. Senior management detached from the realities of front line pressures. Most rewarding of jobs. Witnessing news families being made every day.
Cons
Long unsociable hours
Working as a clerical officer at St Finbarrs Hospital Cork. Not good. Not good at all. Cliques everywhere you go. No prospects. Best if you just avoid..
Pros
Cons
See above
Who on earth wants to work for such a s... hole of a company in good old Cork Dreadful company. Hated it so much I put the staff on social medial to teach them a damned lesson horrible people 5 star bast,,,,
Secretary Ophthalmology Dept, including Diabetic Retina Screening Registered arriving patients, confirmed personal details, arranged follow up appointments.Rescheduled clinics to facilitate urgent appointments, also responsible for routine appointment on PIMS Liaised daily with medical consultants, updated patient medical records, typed letters and posted to GP.Updated and maintained patient information on OptoMize and in-house Excel system.
Pros
Positive work Collaeguse
Cons
Low Pay for the responsibility in the role
I worked in a grade 3 clerical role at a cork hospital for a year and it was the worst year of my life. Due to huge waiting lists there were a lot of very unhappy patients. There was a bullying culture and cronyism. Senior staff seemed to do very little while new staff were allocated the worst jobs that no one else wanted. I witnessed, back-stabbing and gossiping on a level with 'Mean Girls'. The managements way of dealing with it was to send you to occupational health where you could break down and cry. There was regular cases of stress related sick leave. I had to leave because I feared for my sanity!
Pros
Work/Life balance.
Cons
Back-stabbing, stress.
Everyone at laya healthcare hates you lot in the hse. You are rude ignorant and totally useless in everything you do. You must be closed down immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Eventually will close
Cons
eeeeerrrrr nothing!!!!!!!!!
I worked here for two years and noticed a lot of things wrong and when you informed management just laughed at you. I saw racism, sexism, aggression all by employees. Cork full of interbreeding as well as dublin staff.
Pros
Cons
pay
I worked for this organisation and found them the most incompetent company. Basically it's the managers. Not good at delegating or taking responsibility. I worked hard as a grade 3 but was treated like dirt. Was not happy. Useless and wasted my five years there .
Pros
what?
Cons
long list
What an awful place. Dirty workplace bad managers horrible horrible. If anyone offers you a job here just keep running. Managers are stealing money. Working conditions are dreadful. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
home time
Cons
managers
Oh dear where to begin. Horrible management mainly. Not very nice to deal with. No career progression . One senior manager had their house cleaned by a company and the hse paid before they left for Europe. Who owns the carpet.
Pros
Getting free fuel
Cons
This is possibly the most badly run organisation in Ireland especially cork. The management. Are useless and up each others rear end. Badly managed, horrible people , it should be reformed and HSE staff sacked. All totally useless. They should be ashamed of themselves nothing more than a bunch of pen pushers , making mistakes all day long. Horrible people.