Health Service Executive

Health Service Executive Employee Reviews for Clerical Worker

Clerical Worker6 reviews
Ireland6 reviews
Awful place to work
There is a hierarchy in every area and if you're not part of the clique then you have no chance of any real advancement. Information is never passed on to the administration staff. Management offer nothing but lip service both to staff and the public. It's a seriously competitive atmosphere and definitely 'jobs for the boys'. Not a nice place to work.
horrible and scummy
Working as a clerical officer at St Finbarrs Hospital Cork. Not good. Not good at all. Cliques everywhere you go. No prospects. Best if you just avoid..
Pros
Cons
See above
cork offices not a good place
I worked for this organisation and found them the most incompetent company. Basically it's the managers. Not good at delegating or taking responsibility. I worked hard as a grade 3 but was treated like dirt.
Was not happy.

Useless and wasted my five years there .
Pros
what?
Cons
long list
Don't believe the hype about these jobs
Exceptionally incompetent management, very uneven distribution of work and communication is pretty much unheard of. If you don't catch information via gossip at tea break, you're out of the loop.
Mid management doesn't appear to be accountable to anyone.

No career advancement whatsoever for the lower grades, but over the past 2 or 3 years mid and upper grades have been promoted, sometimes more than once.

I like serving the public and take it quite seriously, but management is so toxic I don't know if I'll last.

Bullying is rampant by management, and it's only getting worse. I do not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
Serving the public
Cons
Incompetent management, toxic environment, no benefits whatsover
I enjoyed working in the Health Service Executive. It gave me experience in a wide variety of departments and I was given responsibility for my work.
A typical day in the HSE was very busy and varied. I could be taking minutes at a conference, answering phones, writing reports and entering data onto systems. I learned that confidentiality is paramount when working in such an environment and with the public. The management at times might not have been great but everyone pulled together to get the job done. My co-workers were a great team and we all worked together to get the job done as well as possible and on time. The hardest part of the job was when sensitive decisions had to be made regarding children and families but for me the most enjoyable part of the job was when the outcome for families was positive and when a task was completed successfully.
Pros
We had a lot of leave.
Cons
Due to the current economic climate in the HSE, we had to cover a lot of positions which was stressful.
Job was demanding, not much encouragement
My co-workers was the best part of the job. They were good support and friendly. Coming to the end of my career with the HSE, it became very difficult to accept the low moral among all the employees because of the cutbacks due to the recession. Most of my colleagues were at an all time low because of the recession, we could see that the health service was going to hit rock bottom and we could do nothing about it. It was very frustrating!
Pros
no perks!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Service Executive. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9