Health Service Executive Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

2.7Pay & Benefits
2.7Job Security & Advancement
Fun and enjoyable day even though sometimes its always challenging.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dublin27 February 2017
My day usually starts with a handover from night shift (if coming in to work as a morning shift). If I'm the in charge of the day , i will allocate my staff to do the work i.e. bedsidecare and supervision. My responsibilities for the day is to do drug rounds, answer phone for inquiries as well as carry out doctors order. Attend MDT meeting and assist staff with Care plans review , Order medications from pharmacy.
Management is always there to monitor and support us despite the fact that they are busy too.
Always looking forward to work every shift knowing that your in a good team its guaranteed that it will be fruitful day for all of us. Sometimes the day will not turn out to be good, there are other staff that will not do their work on time but for me i always lend a helping hand to them.
Hardest part is dealing with End of life Care patients and challenging and abusive behaviour
The most enjoyable part is at the end of my 12 hour shift or sometimes more i am happy that i survived the trials for the day and grateful that i made difference to my patients and to their next of kin. My Patient saying thank you to you and see you tomorrow is a music to my ears no matter what we've been through on that shift.
Pros
Free breakfast, free dinner and christmas party all paid for
Cons
long hours, understaff and working under pressure