Health Service Executive

Health Service Executive Employee Reviews for Senior Staff Nurse

Senior Staff Nurse1 review
Ireland1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
A good place to work with harmony among staff members.
It is a dynamic place to work, full of surprises and challenges on a daily bases. As it a Forensic services, one deals with high profile cases of people who have committed most unimaginable crimes against humanity and is for us to be fair and impartial in assessing their mental status to stand trial, failing which to commence therapeutic treatment for their mental illness. We have a diverse staff composition with differing religious beliefs and unequal levels of education is up to you as person in charge to allocate them accordingly to make use of their exceptional skills and to keep harmony amongst them. The same is true for our patients, they have different problems of mental illness and is for us to offer them treatment as individuals and unique in their own ways. Other settings, see isolation as a routine measure to contain aggressive behaviors. but it is a tough call to make when you think about its dehumanizing implication on a patient. However, if there is an absolute necessity, then seclusion shall be implemented in a dignified and therapeutic way. The most enjoyable time, is when looking back at the tedious journey you travelled with your patient and he is back to his functional state and ready to face the outside world as an independent and fully functional member of the community.
Pros
Paid breaks, uniform allowances, night duty and holiday premiums
Cons
No medical aid cover
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Service Executive. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9