Health Service Executive
Health Service Executive Employee Review

Job was demanding, not much encouragement

11 October 2012
My co-workers was the best part of the job. They were good support and friendly. Coming to the end of my career with the HSE, it became very difficult to accept the low moral among all the employees because of the cutbacks due to the recession. Most of my colleagues were at an all time low because of the recession, we could see that the health service was going to hit rock bottom and we could do nothing about it. It was very frustrating!
Pros
no perks!
14 September 2020
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) - County Laois
Good team to work with.
Flexi hours

Easy to manage with family life

Very difficult to progress up the grades or get transfer

Only recruit from panels, so someone could be doing the job for years and years as they are temporary officers and then loose their job to someone coming in off a panel with no experience at all. It’s ridiculous
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Very hard to progress
18 April 2020
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) - Cork
Working as a clerical officer at St Finbarrs Hospital Cork. Not good. Not good at all. Cliques everywhere you go. No prospects. Best if you just avoid..
Pros
Cons
See above
3 February 2020
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) - Dublin
There is a hierarchy in every area and if you're not part of the clique then you have no chance of any real advancement. Information is never passed on to the administration staff. Management offer nothing but lip service both to staff and the public. It's a seriously competitive atmosphere and definitely 'jobs for the boys'. Not a nice place to work.