Health Service Executive
Health Service Executive Employee Review

Don't believe the hype about these jobs

1 April 2017
Exceptionally incompetent management, very uneven distribution of work and communication is pretty much unheard of. If you don't catch information via gossip at tea break, you're out of the loop.
Mid management doesn't appear to be accountable to anyone.

No career advancement whatsoever for the lower grades, but over the past 2 or 3 years mid and upper grades have been promoted, sometimes more than once.

I like serving the public and take it quite seriously, but management is so toxic I don't know if I'll last.

Bullying is rampant by management, and it's only getting worse. I do not recommend anyone work here.
Pros
Serving the public
Cons
Incompetent management, toxic environment, no benefits whatsover
18 April 2020
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) - Cork
Working as a clerical officer at St Finbarrs Hospital Cork. Not good. Not good at all. Cliques everywhere you go. No prospects. Best if you just avoid..
Pros
Cons
See above
3 February 2020
Clerical Officer (Current Employee) - Dublin
There is a hierarchy in every area and if you're not part of the clique then you have no chance of any real advancement. Information is never passed on to the administration staff. Management offer nothing but lip service both to staff and the public. It's a seriously competitive atmosphere and definitely 'jobs for the boys'. Not a nice place to work.
1 June 2017
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) - Cork
I worked for this organisation and found them the most incompetent company. Basically it's the managers. Not good at delegating or taking responsibility. I worked hard as a grade 3 but was treated like dirt.
Was not happy.

Useless and wasted my five years there .
Pros
what?
Cons
long list
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Service Executive. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9