Health Service Executive Employee Review

View all Health Service Executive reviews

Terrible place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork15 February 2018
I worked in a grade 3 clerical role at a cork hospital for a year and it was the worst year of my life. Due to huge waiting lists there were a lot of very unhappy patients. There was a bullying culture and cronyism. Senior staff seemed to do very little while new staff were allocated the worst jobs that no one else wanted. I witnessed, back-stabbing and gossiping on a level with 'Mean Girls'. The managements way of dealing with it was to send you to occupational health where you could break down and cry. There was regular cases of stress related sick leave. I had to leave because I feared for my sanity!
Pros
Work/Life balance.
Cons
Back-stabbing, stress.

Other Health Service Executive Employee Reviews

Where do we start
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cork13 November 2019
Who on earth wants to work for such a s... hole of a company in good old Cork Dreadful company. Hated it so much I put the staff on social medial to teach them a damned lesson horrible people 5 star bast,,,,
Short staffed and unsupportive environment
Registered General Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cork21 October 2019
A busy unit, long hours, understaffed. Caring for high risk and low risk pregnant women. Centre of excellence. Women transferred into our care from other hospitals/counties. Front line managers supportive and hard working. Senior management detached from the realities of front line pressures.
Most rewarding of jobs. Witnessing news families being made every day.
Cons
Long unsociable hours