Health Service Executive

Health Service Executive Employee Review

View all Health Service Executive reviews

Terrible place to work.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork15 February 2018
I worked in a grade 3 clerical role at a cork hospital for a year and it was the worst year of my life. Due to huge waiting lists there were a lot of very unhappy patients. There was a bullying culture and cronyism. Senior staff seemed to do very little while new staff were allocated the worst jobs that no one else wanted. I witnessed, back-stabbing and gossiping on a level with 'Mean Girls'. The managements way of dealing with it was to send you to occupational health where you could break down and cry. There was regular cases of stress related sick leave. I had to leave because I feared for my sanity!
Pros
Work/Life balance.
Cons
Back-stabbing, stress.

Other Health Service Executive Employee Reviews

Not good at st marys orthopaedic or st finbarrs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  County Cork27 March 2020
Horrible places to work with horrible staff. Management dont gave a clue. Too many bad things going on with senior staff. Should be closed down immediately.
Helping people in their own homes and seeing their joy.
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Donegal22 February 2020
I really enjoy my job, helping people in their time of need. It’s a very satisfying job and also very rewarding. I would stress that if you have confidence in your ability it’s a easy job. I am learning something new all the time, how to do things better, how to make things easier for myself. You can’t let frustration get to you, relax take a breath.My co-ordiator is second to none. The hardest part is watching a clients condition deteriorate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Health Service Executive. Our community is ready to answer.

Health Service Executive Reviews by Location