Heatons

Heatons Employee Reviews

Ireland47 reviews
Heatons definitely created a family work atmosphere for me which made working efficiently easier. I leaned great skills such at time management and building of a great work ethic.
I did not like one member of staff there and hated management. There was always pressure and wages were poor. I enjoyed the customers. I left due to being bullied by management
I enjoyed my work in Heatons, early starts, very productive and fast paced environment, meeting deadlines but had a good atmosphere there. the staff were sound and got on very well
Taking responsibility of the store in the absence of Store Manager
Responsible for delivering KPIs

Managing holidays and attendance in the store

Managing payroll in the store

Recruitment and Induction

Managing stock loss and waste

It was a great place to work with a great support. I have worked almost 60hrs a week, therefore that's the only reason why I left.
Some Managers pick on employees and do not have respect for anyone. They are unprofessional and rude. This is not a good place to work for and I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
good pay but not worth it over the management making you hate working there
Cons
Bad hours and horrible management team
Great place to work when you're considering your fellow staff members, the management in the store treat their sales assistants very poorly she picks favourits and gives those people the most hours, the new staff aren't given much chance for progression in the company when they start the job they're thrown on the the tills and that's where they stay they're not the chance to learn new things all they're told to do is stay 1st cover and keep the till area tidy they're not given much of a chance to learn new things for exactly how to re-merchandise a departure or shown how to properly sell a shoe in footwear which is the companys biggest money maker. With the hours normal part time staff members are mainly given a 4 or 4.5 hour shifts so they don't have to give a break. And good help you if you were to call in sick she has no consideration at all.
Pros
Great staff and fun to work with the staff are the reason I stayed for as long as I did
Cons
Terrible manager she a disgrace to be honest she's a bully
Great business to be a part of overall.
Great feedback and support daily

I had a super management team

Great team support in the office, one team.

Great opportunity to develop your career.

Super bonus scheme

Company car fully expense
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Cons
No Cons
Really nice place to work. Nice staff and colleagues. Everyone made feel welcome. Store is now closed and missed by alot of the locals. Enjoyed seeing the new products.
Day to day work life was fun even though I didn't get that much hours as I was a part time worker. The managers and staff were lovely to work with also.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
I have worked for the company for 4 years, starting as a retail sales associate but have tirelessly worked to progress myself within the company up to supervisor.
It was an amazing place to work and had great benefits such as Career Progression, Job Safety and a competitive rate of pay,

I have learned everything I know about management, leadership and many other life skills by working alongside many of the high profile and influencing managers in the company.

Recently we were part of a buy-out where Sports Direct ltd bought us over 100%, when the buyout was completed the company began to go downhill, many of the high profile managers left and the standards of the companies dropped.

Job security is still high, they still pay a competitive wage but the career progression and the standards of the company has dropped immensely.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Job security
Cons
Standards and career progression
At first I was a bit nevious met store manager on the first day which was a great help she ensured me that if I was stuck worried or needed any help to ask, brilliant work atmosphere would recommend to anyone applying
Pros
20% discount
New owner not really interested in Heatons just Sports.
Hours are not been fairly shared .

All extra hrs going to the Sports dept.

Not enough hours as it is for the staff already there.

But new staff been taken on.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Only 4 hr shifts
I started working in Heatons 3 years ago it was a nice place I had a good manager. The hours were good and fairly handed out. If the store beat their budget every month the employees got a decent share of that. There was 30% discount on most products you could avail of the discount any day you wished. The head office had good communication with the stores with plannograms, top 20 best selling products so you knew what was selling well and what wasn't and how to try and fix this etc. They gave a decent Christmas bonus after a year of service.
In come Sports Direct slashed everyone's hours claiming they had to give everyone their "average hours" while taking on new staff for 4 hour shifts weekly. The only profit the staff get a share in now is based on a very small number of items that they have to sell themselves so it encourages cut throat sales and division between staff members instead of everyone working together to make the sales. The discount was cut back to 20% on Thursday and Friday only. And on one certain till and certain staff members only. The head office staff were all pushed out and replaced by a bunch of tantrum throwing toddlers who keep contradicting each other resulting in chaos for the stores in what practice they're supposed to use and the staff will be lucky to see Christmas bonuses again.

All in all Sports Direct have ruined Heatons. Don't work for them they don't care about their staff anymore
Pros
20% discount if you get a chance to use it
Cons
4 hour shifts constantly changing rosters and kids running the company
I enjoyed meeting people every day I always got on very well with staff management and customers, with heatons 13 years I gained experience in a lot of aspects of retail
I was a trainee manager at this store for 6 months. During this time I learned a lot and gained lots of experience. Managing staff and general running of this store was challenging and rewarding at same time.
Pros
loved job
Cons
distance
got this job for a Christmas contract. i got the proper feel of how everything ran in the retail store as it approached busy season.
great workers and staff very friendly.
Pros
discount for christmas
It was an enjoyable place to work, the staff was very kind and friendly and the working conditions was very good and overall everything was great and i would like to work in a place like that in the future.
Pros
Close to home, friendly staff
I didn't like working here at all and I'm fairly easily pleased. I go treated very poorly and they gave a lot of empty broken promises.
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Cons
I loved working in heatons because I loved everyone I worked with and found the work environment productive. The bosses were strict but i found them fair and very appreciative.
I came across amazing people taught me various different things about working in the retail industry. heatons has a very high standard in presentation and how the company wants the store to be viewed the work rate was always high. I learnt the store standards straight away and was able to adapt to the rules and my working environment.
As part of my duties in Heatons I worked in both the stockroom and sales floor. I helped bring in deliveries and get the new stock to the floor and balance to stockrooms. I also helped on the sales floor working with the customers and keeping the floor tidy. There was over 50 staff in the shop and 5 managers.
Pros
flexible hours and enjoyed working on the sales floor
Cons
Taking in deliveries in the rain. Favourite part was dealing with the customer on the floor