Heatons
Heatons Employee Review

Stepping Stone

10 January 2020
Heatons definitely created a family work atmosphere for me which made working efficiently easier. I leaned great skills such at time management and building of a great work ethic.
18 August 2017
I started working in Heatons 3 years ago it was a nice place I had a good manager. The hours were good and fairly handed out. If the store beat their budget every month the employees got a decent share of that. There was 30% discount on most products you could avail of the discount any day you wished. The head office had good communication with the stores with plannograms, top 20 best selling products so you knew what was selling well and what wasn't and how to try and fix this etc. They gave a decent Christmas bonus after a year of service.
In come Sports Direct slashed everyone's hours claiming they had to give everyone their "average hours" while taking on new staff for 4 hour shifts weekly. The only profit the staff get a share in now is based on a very small number of items that they have to sell themselves so it encourages cut throat sales and division between staff members instead of everyone working together to make the sales. The discount was cut back to 20% on Thursday and Friday only. And on one certain till and certain staff members only. The head office staff were all pushed out and replaced by a bunch of tantrum throwing toddlers who keep contradicting each other resulting in chaos for the stores in what practice they're supposed to use and the staff will be lucky to see Christmas bonuses again.

All in all Sports Direct have ruined Heatons. Don't work for them they don't care about their staff anymore
Pros
20% discount if you get a chance to use it
Cons
4 hour shifts constantly changing rosters and kids running the company
12 December 2016
I didn't like working here at all and I'm fairly easily pleased. I go treated very poorly and they gave a lot of empty broken promises.
Pros
i dont work there anymore
1 October 2016
As part of my duties in Heatons I worked in both the stockroom and sales floor. I helped bring in deliveries and get the new stock to the floor and balance to stockrooms. I also helped on the sales floor working with the customers and keeping the floor tidy. There was over 50 staff in the shop and 5 managers.
Pros
flexible hours and enjoyed working on the sales floor
Cons
Taking in deliveries in the rain. Favourite part was dealing with the customer on the floor