Heatons

Heatons Employee Reviews in Sligo

Fun place to work
Great place to work when you're considering your fellow staff members, the management in the store treat their sales assistants very poorly she picks favourits and gives those people the most hours, the new staff aren't given much chance for progression in the company when they start the job they're thrown on the the tills and that's where they stay they're not the chance to learn new things all they're told to do is stay 1st cover and keep the till area tidy they're not given much of a chance to learn new things for exactly how to re-merchandise a departure or shown how to properly sell a shoe in footwear which is the companys biggest money maker. With the hours normal part time staff members are mainly given a 4 or 4.5 hour shifts so they don't have to give a break. And good help you if you were to call in sick she has no consideration at all.
Pros
Great staff and fun to work with the staff are the reason I stayed for as long as I did
Cons
Terrible manager she a disgrace to be honest she's a bully
productive and good atmosphere among co workers and customers
i start at half 9 or if ther is delivery i start at 7 to get delivery into store..process the delivery and on cash register til another staff member starts their shift. on mondays i do my top sellers from the previous week and remerchandise my department to suit customers needs.
once my department is looked after i go to another one and help out there.this is good opportunity to know other products and how they r merchandised.

hardest part of job is dealing with annoying customers but i try and help them as best i can.