Heatons

Heatons Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

3.4Pay & Benefits
3.2Job Security & Advancement
Used to be a nice place to work until Sports Direct took over
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork18 August 2017
I started working in Heatons 3 years ago it was a nice place I had a good manager. The hours were good and fairly handed out. If the store beat their budget every month the employees got a decent share of that. There was 30% discount on most products you could avail of the discount any day you wished. The head office had good communication with the stores with plannograms, top 20 best selling products so you knew what was selling well and what wasn't and how to try and fix this etc. They gave a decent Christmas bonus after a year of service.
In come Sports Direct slashed everyone's hours claiming they had to give everyone their "average hours" while taking on new staff for 4 hour shifts weekly. The only profit the staff get a share in now is based on a very small number of items that they have to sell themselves so it encourages cut throat sales and division between staff members instead of everyone working together to make the sales. The discount was cut back to 20% on Thursday and Friday only. And on one certain till and certain staff members only. The head office staff were all pushed out and replaced by a bunch of tantrum throwing toddlers who keep contradicting each other resulting in chaos for the stores in what practice they're supposed to use and the staff will be lucky to see Christmas bonuses again.
All in all Sports Direct have ruined Heatons. Don't work for them they don't care about their staff anymore
Pros
20% discount if you get a chance to use it
Cons
4 hour shifts constantly changing rosters and kids running the company
Hated this job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal12 December 2016
I didn't like working here at all and I'm fairly easily pleased. I go treated very poorly and they gave a lot of empty broken promises.
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Great Workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrickmines, D2 October 2015
I work from 6am-1 or 2pm about 4-5 days a week.
In that shift I would do delivery, which intail unloading cages of stock to be put out onto shelves before the store opens.
Friendly staff and management.
Pros
nearby to home
Cons
flexible hours
Heatons , Maynooth
Retail Operative (Former Employee) –  Maynooth3 November 2014
This job was very helpful towards me. It helped me expand my personal skills which is making me more confident towards customers and staff as well. The staff was very kind and helpful which is a good advantage. I got good times each day which was very good. The shop was very organized and well tidy which is also good. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers as I was working around Christmas Time it was very busy with shoppers want to buy stuff that was out of stock. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I got to meet very nice people in the job and become more confident in myself that I could achieve doing good in that job.
Pros
Helpful Staff
Cons
Busy, Hard to Multitask while helping customers