Heatons

Heatons Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant14 reviews
Ireland14 reviews
Great place to work when you're considering your fellow staff members, the management in the store treat their sales assistants very poorly she picks favourits and gives those people the most hours, the new staff aren't given much chance for progression in the company when they start the job they're thrown on the the tills and that's where they stay they're not the chance to learn new things all they're told to do is stay 1st cover and keep the till area tidy they're not given much of a chance to learn new things for exactly how to re-merchandise a departure or shown how to properly sell a shoe in footwear which is the companys biggest money maker. With the hours normal part time staff members are mainly given a 4 or 4.5 hour shifts so they don't have to give a break. And good help you if you were to call in sick she has no consideration at all.
Pros
Great staff and fun to work with the staff are the reason I stayed for as long as I did
Cons
Terrible manager she a disgrace to be honest she's a bully
Some Managers pick on employees and do not have respect for anyone. They are unprofessional and rude. This is not a good place to work for and I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
good pay but not worth it over the management making you hate working there
Cons
Bad hours and horrible management team
Day to day work life was fun even though I didn't get that much hours as I was a part time worker. The managers and staff were lovely to work with also.
Pros
fun workplace
Cons
I enjoyed meeting people every day I always got on very well with staff management and customers, with heatons 13 years I gained experience in a lot of aspects of retail
got this job for a Christmas contract. i got the proper feel of how everything ran in the retail store as it approached busy season.
great workers and staff very friendly.
Pros
discount for christmas
It was an enjoyable place to work, the staff was very kind and friendly and the working conditions was very good and overall everything was great and i would like to work in a place like that in the future.
Pros
Close to home, friendly staff
I came across amazing people taught me various different things about working in the retail industry. heatons has a very high standard in presentation and how the company wants the store to be viewed the work rate was always high. I learnt the store standards straight away and was able to adapt to the rules and my working environment.
As part of my duties in Heatons I worked in both the stockroom and sales floor. I helped bring in deliveries and get the new stock to the floor and balance to stockrooms. I also helped on the sales floor working with the customers and keeping the floor tidy. There was over 50 staff in the shop and 5 managers.
Pros
flexible hours and enjoyed working on the sales floor
Cons
Taking in deliveries in the rain. Favourite part was dealing with the customer on the floor
i got along with most of my fellow co-workers and the managers in the store but i was not getting enough hours i was only woking 4-12 hours a week so i've decided to look for other work
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
was not getting enough hours
I worked weekend in Heatons and I was a cashier and I help clean shop after it closed.
I gained a lot of skills on how to approach customer who have complaints and I learned how to exchange items for the consumer.

The management in Heatons was not top quality but I really enjoyed my time there.

I got on great with my co-workers and still keep in contact with them. We all worked really well as a team.

I didn't consider the job difficult my experience there was enjoyable.

The enjoyable part of job was interacting the the customers
Pros
Got on great with my co workers
Cons
No proper training
Start work at 9, count in till sort out stock make sure what stock is needed out is out. Working on tills and keeping calm while other may become stressed over orders.
Pros
close to home
I found Heatons to be a very busy job but there was no support from the some of the management team. My day stocking the shop floor and till work. I also did stock control. I manly worked in ladies fashions but i sometimes covered other departments. My co-workers were great to work with and very helpful.
Cons
I got my hours on a day to day basis.
The first thing is to get till and count it,then either do delivery or serve customers and at the end of day help tidy up the floor in which I work, I also sometimes ring around to other shops to get stock transfered for customers.
Some times some management take their bad days out on their staff.

It is good to see a idea you came up with work out.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Creativity discouraged at times, amount of hours uncertain, Some managers only want people who agree with their ideas
Too many managers in heatons only go by what they like, not what makes more money.
Cons
double standers