Heatons

Heatons Management reviews

Ireland47 reviews
Heatons definitely created a family work atmosphere for me which made working efficiently easier. I leaned great skills such at time management and building of a great work ethic.
I did not like one member of staff there and hated management. There was always pressure and wages were poor. I enjoyed the customers. I left due to being bullied by management
Some Managers pick on employees and do not have respect for anyone. They are unprofessional and rude. This is not a good place to work for and I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
good pay but not worth it over the management making you hate working there
Cons
Bad hours and horrible management team
Great place to work when you're considering your fellow staff members, the management in the store treat their sales assistants very poorly she picks favourits and gives those people the most hours, the new staff aren't given much chance for progression in the company when they start the job they're thrown on the the tills and that's where they stay they're not the chance to learn new things all they're told to do is stay 1st cover and keep the till area tidy they're not given much of a chance to learn new things for exactly how to re-merchandise a departure or shown how to properly sell a shoe in footwear which is the companys biggest money maker. With the hours normal part time staff members are mainly given a 4 or 4.5 hour shifts so they don't have to give a break. And good help you if you were to call in sick she has no consideration at all.
Pros
Great staff and fun to work with the staff are the reason I stayed for as long as I did
Cons
Terrible manager she a disgrace to be honest she's a bully
Great business to be a part of overall.
Great feedback and support daily

I had a super management team
Great team support in the office, one team.
Great opportunity to develop your career.

Super bonus scheme

Company car fully expense
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Cons
No Cons
I have worked for the company for 4 years, starting as a retail sales associate but have tirelessly worked to progress myself within the company up to supervisor.
It was an amazing place to work and had great benefits such as Career Progression, Job Safety and a competitive rate of pay,

I have learned everything I know about management, leadership and many other life skills by working alongside many of the high profile and influencing managers in the company.
Recently we were part of a buy-out where Sports Direct ltd bought us over 100%, when the buyout was completed the company began to go downhill, many of the high profile managers left and the standards of the companies dropped.

Job security is still high, they still pay a competitive wage but the career progression and the standards of the company has dropped immensely.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Job security
Cons
Standards and career progression
I enjoyed meeting people every day I always got on very well with staff management and customers, with heatons 13 years I gained experience in a lot of aspects of retail
I didn't like working here at all and I'm fairly easily pleased. I go treated very poorly and they gave a lot of empty broken promises.
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Cons
I came across amazing people taught me various different things about working in the retail industry. heatons has a very high standard in presentation and how the company wants the store to be viewed the work rate was always high. I learnt the store standards straight away and was able to adapt to the rules and my working environment.
Very dull day to day lifestyle in the shop. Head office are nothing but rude when they come to store. I don't see much structure with this company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Heatons?
Busy work place with very friendly management and co workers daily routine included till work, merchandising, dealing with customers and keeping departments presentable clean and tidy at all times.
Pros
staff discount
I work from 6am-1 or 2pm about 4-5 days a week.
In that shift I would do delivery, which intail unloading cages of stock to be put out onto shelves before the store opens.

Friendly staff and management.
Pros
nearby to home
Cons
flexible hours
In this job I had one day a week, as i was in college, my day would be a 4 hour shift on tills, and tidying the shop floor and merchandising. It was my first job in the the fasion sector in retail, so I learned a lot about that, Management changed a lot, so it was hard to form a relationship with the management of my department, but they were good to work with.
Cons
very little hours
I worked weekend in Heatons and I was a cashier and I help clean shop after it closed.
I gained a lot of skills on how to approach customer who have complaints and I learned how to exchange items for the consumer.

The management in Heatons was not top quality but I really enjoyed my time there.
I got on great with my co-workers and still keep in contact with them. We all worked really well as a team.

I didn't consider the job difficult my experience there was enjoyable.

The enjoyable part of job was interacting the the customers
Pros
Got on great with my co workers
Cons
No proper training
It was fun place to work hover but management. my co-workers were fun to work with.

end of the day cleaning and tiding the shop

serving customers
Pros
customers
Cons
stressful and lack support
Typically, each day had the same basic layout. It was spent on till duty dealing with sales, refunds and exchanges. When the till area was cleared recovery started on the shop floor which included making sure the shelves and rails were adequately stocked and clean. I learned various new skills while working here such as customer service, operation of tills and stocking shelves and rails. It is a team store and all co-workers work together in order to get everything done on time and to the best of our ability. The management were fair and willing to help and teach new skills to all employees. The hardest part of the job I found was putting out new stock and deciding where would be the best area within the shop to place it. The part of the I enjoyed most was operating the tills and dealing with the customers and helping with any queries they had.
•a typical day at work
Regardless of whether or not you are on the early or late shift it is none stop in Heatons IT department busy lively and fun department to work in. Fellow colleagues all work well under pressure together to ensure a professional job is done each day.

•what you learned

The experienced I have gained in Heatons is invaluable and is transferable directly to any other IT position.

•management
The management in the IT department was always fair and flexible and makes it easy to work there.

•coworkers

all staff in the IT department are a pleasure to work being both hard working and also able to have a laugh with at the same time.

•the hardest part of the job

Sometimes it gets a little hard to see the woods from the trees as it is so busy.

•the most enjoyable part of the job

The sense of personal responsibility and independence allowed by the management of the department allowing you the ability to use your own judgement and creativeness within the department to progressive and creative on a daily basis.
Como supervisora, trabalhava diretamente com clientes e com os demais funcionários, os treinando inclusive para trabalhar no caixa e também autorizando certas transações. Paralelo a isso, era responsável pelo departamento feminino da loja. Já quando substituindo a gerente, trabalhava com o controle financeiro de em média 50mil euros por dia e controle administrativo de relatórios de venda e estoque, assim como horas semanais trabalhadas, pagamento e processos burocráticos de contratação, desligamento e dispensa de funcionários.
Pros
Otimos salarios
Cons
Muito frio
I found Heatons to be a very busy job but there was no support from the some of the management team. My day stocking the shop floor and till work. I also did stock control. I manly worked in ladies fashions but i sometimes covered other departments. My co-workers were great to work with and very helpful.
Cons
I got my hours on a day to day basis.
The first thing is to get till and count it,then either do delivery or serve customers and at the end of day help tidy up the floor in which I work, I also sometimes ring around to other shops to get stock transfered for customers.
Some times some management take their bad days out on their staff.
It is good to see a idea you came up with work out.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Creativity discouraged at times, amount of hours uncertain, Some managers only want people who agree with their ideas
Very relaxed, easy going staff and management. Very helpful management who always looked after your best interests. They were very understanding to your needs and always made time for you. Very loyal co-workers who were all extremely friendly and helpful.
Were located in an extremely busy area with high demands on organizational and time management skills.