Heatons Management reviews

Not a nice environment to work in.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 April 2019
Some Managers pick on employees and do not have respect for anyone. They are unprofessional and rude. This is not a good place to work for and I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
good pay but not worth it over the management making you hate working there
Cons
Bad hours and horrible management team
Very productive, supportive place to work
Group Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin5 October 2018
Great business to be a part of overall.
Great feedback and support daily
I had a super management team
Great team support in the office, one team.
Great opportunity to develop your career.
Super bonus scheme
Company car fully expense
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Cons
No Cons
Heatons until Sports Direct Buyover
Sales Assistant/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin26 April 2018
I have worked for the company for 4 years, starting as a retail sales associate but have tirelessly worked to progress myself within the company up to supervisor.
It was an amazing place to work and had great benefits such as Career Progression, Job Safety and a competitive rate of pay,
I have learned everything I know about management, leadership and many other life skills by working alongside many of the high profile and influencing managers in the company.
Recently we were part of a buy-out where Sports Direct ltd bought us over 100%, when the buyout was completed the company began to go downhill, many of the high profile managers left and the standards of the companies dropped.
Job security is still high, they still pay a competitive wage but the career progression and the standards of the company has dropped immensely.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Job security
Cons
Standards and career progression
Hated this job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Letterkenny, County Donegal12 December 2016
I didn't like working here at all and I'm fairly easily pleased. I go treated very poorly and they gave a lot of empty broken promises.
Pros
i dont work there anymore
Cons
Working as a sales assistant in a very popular store like heatons has been a great learning experience
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth2 November 2016
I came across amazing people taught me various different things about working in the retail industry. heatons has a very high standard in presentation and how the company wants the store to be viewed the work rate was always high. I learnt the store standards straight away and was able to adapt to the rules and my working environment.
Friendly work enviroment, great oppurtunitys
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 February 2016
Busy work place with very friendly management and co workers daily routine included till work, merchandising, dealing with customers and keeping departments presentable clean and tidy at all times.
Pros
staff discount
Great Workplace
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrickmines, D2 October 2015
I work from 6am-1 or 2pm about 4-5 days a week.
In that shift I would do delivery, which intail unloading cages of stock to be put out onto shelves before the store opens.
Friendly staff and management.
Pros
nearby to home
Cons
flexible hours
Heatons
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 May 2015
In this job I had one day a week, as i was in college, my day would be a 4 hour shift on tills, and tidying the shop floor and merchandising. It was my first job in the the fasion sector in retail, so I learned a lot about that, Management changed a lot, so it was hard to form a relationship with the management of my department, but they were good to work with.
Cons
very little hours
good customer service
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK30 January 2015
I worked weekend in Heatons and I was a cashier and I help clean shop after it closed.
I gained a lot of skills on how to approach customer who have complaints and I learned how to exchange items for the consumer.
The management in Heatons was not top quality but I really enjoyed my time there.
I got on great with my co-workers and still keep in contact with them. We all worked really well as a team.
I didn't consider the job difficult my experience there was enjoyable.
The enjoyable part of job was interacting the the customers
Pros
Got on great with my co workers
Cons
No proper training
Boring
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, SCT12 November 2014
It was fun place to work hover but management. my co-workers were fun to work with.

end of the day cleaning and tiding the shop

serving customers
Pros
customers
Cons
stressful and lack support
Busy, enjoyable workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coolock, D10 July 2014
Typically, each day had the same basic layout. It was spent on till duty dealing with sales, refunds and exchanges. When the till area was cleared recovery started on the shop floor which included making sure the shelves and rails were adequately stocked and clean. I learned various new skills while working here such as customer service, operation of tills and stocking shelves and rails. It is a team store and all co-workers work together in order to get everything done on time and to the best of our ability. The management were fair and willing to help and teach new skills to all employees. The hardest part of the job I found was putting out new stock and deciding where would be the best area within the shop to place it. The part of the I enjoyed most was operating the tills and dealing with the customers and helping with any queries they had.
Heatons - Typical Day
Senior IT System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Head office1 May 2014
•a typical day at work
Regardless of whether or not you are on the early or late shift it is none stop in Heatons IT department busy lively and fun department to work in. Fellow colleagues all work well under pressure together to ensure a professional job is done each day.

•what you learned
The experienced I have gained in Heatons is invaluable and is transferable directly to any other IT position.

•management
The management in the IT department was always fair and flexible and makes it easy to work there.

•coworkers
all staff in the IT department are a pleasure to work being both hard working and also able to have a laugh with at the same time.

•the hardest part of the job
Sometimes it gets a little hard to see the woods from the trees as it is so busy.

•the most enjoyable part of the job
The sense of personal responsibility and independence allowed by the management of the department allowing you the ability to use your own judgement and creativeness within the department to progressive and creative on a daily basis.
Enjoyed the work.
sales assistant. (Former Employee) –  laois16 May 2013
I found Heatons to be a very busy job but there was no support from the some of the management team. My day stocking the shop floor and till work. I also did stock control. I manly worked in ladies fashions but i sometimes covered other departments. My co-workers were great to work with and very helpful.
Cons
I got my hours on a day to day basis.
Too quite
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Killarney8 May 2013
The first thing is to get till and count it,then either do delivery or serve customers and at the end of day help tidy up the floor in which I work, I also sometimes ring around to other shops to get stock transfered for customers.
Some times some management take their bad days out on their staff.
It is good to see a idea you came up with work out.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Creativity discouraged at times, amount of hours uncertain, Some managers only want people who agree with their ideas
Fun and friendly environment
Shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick14 January 2013
Very relaxed, easy going staff and management. Very helpful management who always looked after your best interests. They were very understanding to your needs and always made time for you. Very loyal co-workers who were all extremely friendly and helpful.
Were located in an extremely busy area with high demands on organizational and time management skills.
Very Busy, Fun, Long Hours, Customer relations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West of Ireland5 July 2012
Good company to work for, always kept busy, a lot of tasks to deligate and manage everyday, dealing with Reps, cash office, Hiering and training new staff, Day to day Management of the store.
Pros
desiel allowance if travelling over an hour
Cons
working over 50hrs a week and only getting paid for 40