HEB

HEB Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,650 reviews

Good

Good to make a good career I personally recommend to anyone who is looking for a good company they have all kinds of things to choose from and they are very well known.

Great job

Loved it there! It was my first job! I loved the people I worked with and also the environment! I learned a lot from heb! Definitely recommend for a first job

Great management with flexible scheduling.

I worked as a cashier in high school and was pleased with how well it went for an entry level job. My managers were fun and understanding for the most part, and scheduling was very flexible.

Pros

breaks every 2 hours, 10% discount on HEB products

Cons

sometimes stressful and fast paced

Fast paced and competitive

Upper Management are very supportive and willing to help you move up. In my experience, my department manager made the department toxic but overall is not a hard to do.

Great job for young single people

Great pay great benefits with weekly pay. If you work hard you’re honestly gonna get what you worked for but there is a ceiling eventually . On the job training teaches you everything you need to know about the job , listen to the safe lifting tips to work longer and not end up having to go to the chiropractor .

Fun workplace great environment

The 5 1/2 years I spent in H-E-B were generally good. The bad side is getting stuck at an H-E-B where you do not fit in with the general public. Combined w/ shoddy management who don't seem down to earth or understand your needs and wants, and proceeds to not be transparent with the manager's bonuses. As an employee working in a department, the manager I had cut our hours, and people per day. That came from our store manager. Thus their own bonuses came at a higher rate at our expense of a heavier work-load. Granted it wasn't impossible, but it very well felt like it sometimes. Because it was, for a solid year, I had worked in a position where I had tasked every day I worked the amount of work load that 2 people would normally feel as a decent amount of work. If you can find a good store to vibe in, and feel accepted with the people around you (including customers) H-E-B is solid for an entry level job, to learn the basics and potentially climb; if you want a higher pay, higher responsibility tags along.

Pros

30 Minute Lunches, Two 15 Minute Breaks, Custom scheduling to your needs

Cons

Mid Management, overload in daily work tasks, needs higher pay from inflation

Not an equal opportunity employer

New hires start at 15.00 and just have to show up (time clock employees). If you have a family; you need to decide what is more important. No one is expected to be extraordinary. Everyone gets a trophy. Slackers are rewarded before hard workers.

Pros

No free lunch...

Cons

Don't complain about working by yourself

Great place to work for people looking for a challenge

The company has a tremendous focus on partners and community, and every store has it’s particular challenges based on the local market... Since it’s very supportive of partners you see a lot of people with long employment histories at heb

Pros

Fair pay and paid Holidays for full time

Cons

Very busy and can sometimes be very challenging

Great company but within the department is where to look out for

HEB is a great company to work for, they provide so many benefits and is really flexible. The top manager is the curbside department is good but the people under him is where it starts to take a turn, some start to panic and the team ends up rushing trying to complete orders fast which can results in unhappy employees. Other than that the company is great and I've enjoyed my time here

Pros

Great flexibility, Great benefits

Cons

Leadership

Short staffed and over worked

-Each day you have a specific task that needs to get done. -Procedures are pretty clear to understand and follow- No real training- Be ready to work work 38+ hours a weeks while being part-time

Pros

If you have a good manager, your work will be less stressful

Cons

Only hire part-time and make you work 38-40 hours with no benefits

Great employer

Excellent pay and great benefits for PT partners. This is not an easy job though! Partners are very willing to help you complete your job. Management is willing to step in and assist when needed.

Excellent place to work, raises are decent

Work is very simple but can be strenuous at times during the holidays,Management over the years has been lacking, some are good so are terribleAll employees are friendly and work to achieve the teams goalsphysical work most the time, 30 minute lunches and employee discount on own brand products

Great Work Culture and Environment

My experience working for HEB has been outstanding. I am coming up on a year with this company, and they continue to impress. I have worked at 2 different locations, and at each I have felt like part of a family and team.

Fast paced, fun

I loved HEB! My time there was great. I left because I moved to go to school. Organized, fast paced, and fun. Breaks outside with all of the grackles was another favorite as I love birds.

Highschool job

Worked there when I was 16. Was what it was. Cart collecting in the summer months was very hot. I got a nice tan. The people were nice. The pay was terrible. These days it looks much better.

Fun workspace

The staff really welcomes you in the first day. I enjoyed my two year experience, met some amazing people. Everyone truly goes in to do their job. So many work family events. And working Curbside is the best department. Youre allowed to work independently.

loved it here!

heb is a great environment to work at everyone is very friendly and there’s so many benefits that come along i was getting $13 hour for curbie and work was pretty easy

Pros

good pay and hours

Cons

non

Not recommended

Do not recommend to work at any grocery stores… We’re telling you one thing at the interview but once you started to work there it’s totally different

Great company to work for, Great Culture

Working at HEB was great. They highly value their employees and push them to improve as well as compensate them well for it. I worked in the Pharmacy and it was always a very manageable workspace in comparison to other companies where you didn't get enough help. Culture was great as a company, but I think sometimes managers could be a bit micromanaging, but ofc that's variable from location to location. Overall I think if you like what you do working at HEB and see yourself there for the long run it is an amazing company to stay with!

I loved the pay

Heb as a whole drained me but it was god awful management treated my department like absolute trash i wouldnt want anyone i care about working there the only good thing were the coworkers and benefits

Good first pharmacy tech job

All coworkers were patient and trained me efficiently. Management is strict but very understanding and professional. Place workflow makes it a easier to work and focus on what is important everyday such as patient medication adherence, and customer service. In my opinion one of the better places to work in the pharmacy world (but still busy)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HEB. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement