Hermitage Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Lovely hospital
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dublin31 October 2019
I absolutely love my job! I love the people and work! The hours give me a home/work balance and flexibility. My job is interesting and i get to greet patience daily.
Staff are lovely and very professional
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin15 July 2019
I loved my time working in the hermitage I had great job satisfaction and found it very professional across all areas off the hospital.very much patient centred.
It was a very friendly and inviting place to work.
Pros
Subsidised lunch free parking for staff
Cons
Long hrs and no yearly salary increments
honest review
nurse (Former Employee) –  Dublin17 February 2019
I left the Hermitage recently after working there for 11years as a nurse. I wanted to leave an honest review of my time there and to share my experience.

I loved worked there as a nurse. The majority if the team I worked with were amazing. Some of the best nurses I have ever worked with. So caring and dedicated to their job.
In every organisation you get the odd few people that are not happy, but I sometimes wonder would they be happy regardless of where they worked!!
There are staff retention and recruitment issues in every single hospital in Ireland, the Hermitage is constantly looking to recruit good quality nurses into roles.
In regards to promotion, the majority of all senior nursing roles are filled by existing nurses in the hospital, so there is great potential for internal promotion for the right candidate.
The hospital is big on quality improvement initiatives so if you are someone that likes to recommend and implement quality improvement changes you will be welcomed here.
The Hermitage is a busy acute hospital so be under no illusion it is quiet ,but you will learn so much and work with such amazing people.
Even though I have left, I would not bring any family members needing hospital treatment anywhere else, so for me that's the best compliment I can give the Hermitage.
One of the most worst place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 September 2018
I suggest to to don't even dream to come to work with Hermitage Medical Clinic. Salary small and never increase, management deaf and blind. U will work a lot for nothing and in their eyes u will never grow. Very sad place, it's just a business who hire slaves.
Pros
Free car parking
Cons
Less annual leaves, no payment increase, poor management
Soul destroying
Clinical Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin6 September 2018
Clear and obvious favouritism shown by senior management. If you are not a member of the origanial clique, no amount of hard work or dedication to your role will ever be good enough. The seriousness with which your concerns are taken is completely dependant on the ward you work on or your position within the clique.
Unsafe nurse to patient ratio on surgical wards is terrifying. If members of the public knew the extent of this, they wouldn't be quick to choose the hermitage as a place to safely recover from surgery.
Empty promises and lies are rampant throughout the organisation.
Culture of blame horribly evident, generally blame lies with nursing staff/junior management regardless of who is involved.
New HR/"talent management" team have little interest in the safety or wellbeing of ward staff and this is glaringly evident by the mass exodus of staff since their introduction!
A review below mentioned a toxic environment and that hits the nail firmly on the head.
Proceed with caution as despite your level of qualification or ability to carry out your role, if you're not a "yes man" in the eyes of those "upstairs" your stint in the hermitage wont last too long.
A business 1st and foremost.
Pros
Very few, parking, staff really do try in the face of obstructive managerial decisions
Cons
No loyality shown to staff, human error is frowned upon.
Toxic environment to work in
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland1 July 2018
Some of the key leadership staff unfortunately were back stabbing and had double standards with obovious favourites amongst staff which made for a very difficult environment. This was unfortunate because there were some great staff there but usually there was a high turnover which in itself says a lot.
Pros
Beautiful facility and location
Cons
Poor leadership
Nice people to work with
Concierge/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 January 2018
But after 10 yrs it was time to change and learn new things , meet new people and get new challenges. But overall I will always have good memories with that place
Very Limited staff support
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lucan, County Dublin8 October 2017
Unachievable expectations placed on staff.
No pay increments.
Unsafe staff : patient ratio is common practice.
Education support programmes, development opportunities and opportunities for career progression, although advertised as a reason to work in the Hermitage only tend to appear when there is a question of a staff member leaving.
No loyalty shown to staff.
Very little support available for shop floor staff, worries and concerns seem to fall on deaf ears despite being raised on multiple occasions.
There is a definite culture of blame present throughout the organisation.
Staff are expected to stay on late in order to complete excessive tasks, management justify this as "poor time management" so it goes unpaid, yet if a staff member clocks out 2 or more minutes early they owe this time back to the Hermitage.
Pros
Free parking, cheap coffee
Cons
Culture of blame, very limited support from higher management
Long hours and understaff
Senior Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Dublin23 June 2017
Work 39 hours/week, oncall is after 8pm and paid every quarter of an hour.
Understaffed most of the time, worst could be lone working at times and on Saturdays.

Have to clocked in and out to exact minutes, otherwise you will be owing time. This will accumulate and file up easily and turn into hours.

Long hours less annual leave.
No salary increments.
Pros
Free parking and tea
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, less annual leave
Health Care Assistant theatre staff (Current Employee) –  Dublin29 November 2016
Tips: Good negotiations skills. Team work is essential. Parking space. Overtime it's a routine thing. Overall it's a nice place to work,good staff members.
Pros
Free coffee
Busy
Senior MRI Radiographer Preform (Current Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland4 August 2015
Busy work place, high demand for throughput. Often working alone. Work 13 hour shifts, 3 days a week, and owe 3 hours at the end of the week.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Work 13 hour shifts, 3 days a week, and owe 3 hours at the end of the week.
Educational, informative, interesting
Medical Secretary (Part Time Internship) (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D12 August 2013
My duties: filing, arranging appointments on Socrates system, dictatyping on Compuspeak, Patient accounts, interdepartmental bookings, admissions.

I had 4 co workers and they were a pleasure to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients.

There was nothing negitive about it.