Hermitage Medical Clinic

Hermitage Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Hermitage medical clinic is a hospital I would highly recommend ...

Hermitage medical clinic is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop and learn new skills. Over the few years working there I enjoyed my experience. Was hired as an HCA, management allowed me the opportunity to do Covid swabbing which felt meaningful and helpful. They offered staff parking and a subsidised restaurant. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Many opportunities within the company are offered to those willing to develop.

Not great

Depending on what area of the hospital you work in your experience can be very different. Clinical staff and management are lovely and the culture is good. Other areas are toxic and competitive with managers who try to belittle staff, undermine and lower their confidence. It is hard to tell why this is

Pros

Cons

Low pay, rude management, pressure.

Insights into Hermitage Medical Clinic

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Poor management with no engagement with staff on the ground

Totally blame culture where management is not supportive at all . Extremely poor communication from nursing management. They don’t really care for either patient or staff. Really stressful workplace and very poorly managed by senior management.

Inclusive and driven place to work.

Working in The Hermitage Medical Clinic, is great.It has a great teamworking aspect, along side trust and respect, across the Multi disciplinary team.

Amazing people on my team

Sad I had to leave, pay is super poor . Especially with the people who work so hard, I really loved the people, they do hire good people, fantastic experience, I miss it.

Terrible place to work

Bad salary !Worked as Admin, bad management. Long hours for bad money ! Very clicky to place to work. The only good thing is the free car park All admin on different salaries yet doing the same job

Pros

Free car park

Super hard working colleagues

No room for advancement No yearly reviews/salary increases 'Clicky' management Management do not listen to your concerns Great teamHard working staffFree parking Discounted canteen

Pros

Free car parking

Cons

No advancement opportunities

Friendly, face paced.

Staff are friendly. Benefits average. Structured systems of work in place. Good place to work if you can work in a face paced environment and on your own initiative.

Pros

Free parking

Good environment to work different areas. Extra course offers

The hermitage medical hospital is a lovely place to work and gave me great experience for future working in a hospital setting, pay could be alot better as a healthcare assistant we do alot of work for nurses on day and night shifts. Overall a good environment reasonable breakes. Lunches not provided but staff do get a discount in canteen

Pros

Experience in other departments ie HDU theater and A&E

Cons

Long hours rate for careers could be better

Fast Paced But exhilarating

A great place to work lovely friendly community of staff and a sense of unity. Work is very fast paced and interesting. Days go quickly as busy. Lovely canteen/subsidised restaurant. Nice modern working environment.

Pros

Free parking and subsidised canteen

Cons

Salary not competitive

Good to work there

Great staff and good to work there easy commute and parking available. no issues on site.Happy place to work in..Overall good site to be apart off

Great working atmosphere

Great team where everyone worked together for the betterment of service given to patients. In a crisis such as COVID-19 there was great support and information given to alleviate fear amongst staff. This was a very fast paced environment however there were great systems in place to ensure things ran smoothly. The hardest part of this job was having to leave unexpectedly due to COVID-19 as I will miss my colleagues greatly.

Pros

Nice place to work-lovely building

Cons

Location from a traffic point of view

Lovely hospital

I absolutely love my job! I love the people and work! The hours give me a home/work balance and flexibility. My job is interesting and i get to greet patience daily.

Staff are lovely and very professional

I loved my time working in the hermitage I had great job satisfaction and found it very professional across all areas off the hospital.very much patient centred. It was a very friendly and inviting place to work.

Pros

Subsidised lunch free parking for staff

Cons

Long hrs and no yearly salary increments

means to an end

staff are great, friendly and a lively team/family spirit. had a great atmosphere but management left everyone frustrated and made for a particularly difficult environment at times with a high staff turn over .career progression and education are not encouraged and promotion did not seem to be selected on merit

Pros

great staff vibe

Cons

not good for education or career progression

honest review

I left the Hermitage recently after working there for 11years as a nurse. I wanted to leave an honest review of my time there and to share my experience. I loved worked there as a nurse. The majority if the team I worked with were amazing. Some of the best nurses I have ever worked with. So caring and dedicated to their job. In every organisation you get the odd few people that are not happy, but I sometimes wonder would they be happy regardless of where they worked!! There are staff retention and recruitment issues in every single hospital in Ireland, the Hermitage is constantly looking to recruit good quality nurses into roles. In regards to promotion, the majority of all senior nursing roles are filled by existing nurses in the hospital, so there is great potential for internal promotion for the right candidate. The hospital is big on quality improvement initiatives so if you are someone that likes to recommend and implement quality improvement changes you will be welcomed here. The Hermitage is a busy acute hospital so be under no illusion it is quiet ,but you will learn so much and work with such amazing people. Even though I have left, I would not bring any family members needing hospital treatment anywhere else, so for me that's the best compliment I can give the Hermitage.

One of the most worst place to work

I suggest to to don't even dream to come to work with Hermitage Medical Clinic. Salary small and never increase, management deaf and blind. U will work a lot for nothing and in their eyes u will never grow. Very sad place, it's just a business who hire slaves.

Pros

Free car parking

Cons

Less annual leaves, no payment increase, poor management

High turn over of staff

Over 5 years in the HMC and I seen so many people come and go. Staff are wonderful, however management at the top are not so. Focus is meant to be on patient care but instead is on the financial side of the business... Oh... and as a member of staff you are only a number at the end of the day.

Pros

Cons

No real procession

Soul destroying

Clear and obvious favouritism shown by senior management. If you are not a member of the origanial clique, no amount of hard work or dedication to your role will ever be good enough. The seriousness with which your concerns are taken is completely dependant on the ward you work on or your position within the clique. Unsafe nurse to patient ratio on surgical wards is terrifying. If members of the public knew the extent of this, they wouldn't be quick to choose the hermitage as a place to safely recover from surgery. Empty promises and lies are rampant throughout the organisation. Culture of blame horribly evident, generally blame lies with nursing staff/junior management regardless of who is involved. New HR/"talent management" team have little interest in the safety or wellbeing of ward staff and this is glaringly evident by the mass exodus of staff since their introduction! A review below mentioned a toxic environment and that hits the nail firmly on the head. Proceed with caution as despite your level of qualification or ability to carry out your role, if you're not a "yes man" in the eyes of those "upstairs" your stint in the hermitage wont last too long. A business 1st and foremost.

Pros

Very few, parking, staff really do try in the face of obstructive managerial decisions

Cons

No loyality shown to staff, human error is frowned upon.

Toxic environment to work in

Some of the key leadership staff unfortunately were back stabbing and had double standards with obovious favourites amongst staff which made for a very difficult environment. This was unfortunate because there were some great staff there but usually there was a high turnover which in itself says a lot.

Pros

Beautiful facility and location

Cons

Poor leadership

Nice people to work with

But after 10 yrs it was time to change and learn new things , meet new people and get new challenges. But overall I will always have good memories with that place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hermitage Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hermitage Medical Clinic with

Learn about Hermitage Medical Clinic in popular locations

• Hermitage Medical Clinic
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?