Hermitage Medical Clinic

Hermitage Medical Clinic Employee Reviews in Dublin, County Dublin

Dublin, County Dublin14 reviews

Hermitage medical clinic is a hospital I would highly recommend ...

Hermitage medical clinic is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to develop and learn new skills. Over the few years working there I enjoyed my experience. Was hired as an HCA, management allowed me the opportunity to do Covid swabbing which felt meaningful and helpful. They offered staff parking and a subsidised restaurant. Staff are friendly and welcoming. Many opportunities within the company are offered to those willing to develop.

Inclusive and driven place to work.

Working in The Hermitage Medical Clinic, is great.It has a great teamworking aspect, along side trust and respect, across the Multi disciplinary team.

Insights into Hermitage Medical Clinic

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Friendly, face paced.

Staff are friendly. Benefits average. Structured systems of work in place. Good place to work if you can work in a face paced environment and on your own initiative.

Pros

Free parking

Lovely hospital

I absolutely love my job! I love the people and work! The hours give me a home/work balance and flexibility. My job is interesting and i get to greet patience daily.

Staff are lovely and very professional

I loved my time working in the hermitage I had great job satisfaction and found it very professional across all areas off the hospital.very much patient centred. It was a very friendly and inviting place to work.

Pros

Subsidised lunch free parking for staff

Cons

Long hrs and no yearly salary increments

honest review

I left the Hermitage recently after working there for 11years as a nurse. I wanted to leave an honest review of my time there and to share my experience. I loved worked there as a nurse. The majority if the team I worked with were amazing. Some of the best nurses I have ever worked with. So caring and dedicated to their job. In every organisation you get the odd few people that are not happy, but I sometimes wonder would they be happy regardless of where they worked!! There are staff retention and recruitment issues in every single hospital in Ireland, the Hermitage is constantly looking to recruit good quality nurses into roles. In regards to promotion, the majority of all senior nursing roles are filled by existing nurses in the hospital, so there is great potential for internal promotion for the right candidate. The hospital is big on quality improvement initiatives so if you are someone that likes to recommend and implement quality improvement changes you will be welcomed here. The Hermitage is a busy acute hospital so be under no illusion it is quiet ,but you will learn so much and work with such amazing people. Even though I have left, I would not bring any family members needing hospital treatment anywhere else, so for me that's the best compliment I can give the Hermitage.

One of the most worst place to work

I suggest to to don't even dream to come to work with Hermitage Medical Clinic. Salary small and never increase, management deaf and blind. U will work a lot for nothing and in their eyes u will never grow. Very sad place, it's just a business who hire slaves.

Pros

Free car parking

Cons

Less annual leaves, no payment increase, poor management

High turn over of staff

Over 5 years in the HMC and I seen so many people come and go. Staff are wonderful, however management at the top are not so. Focus is meant to be on patient care but instead is on the financial side of the business... Oh... and as a member of staff you are only a number at the end of the day.

Pros

Cons

No real procession

Toxic environment to work in

Some of the key leadership staff unfortunately were back stabbing and had double standards with obovious favourites amongst staff which made for a very difficult environment. This was unfortunate because there were some great staff there but usually there was a high turnover which in itself says a lot.

Pros

Beautiful facility and location

Cons

Poor leadership

Nice people to work with

But after 10 yrs it was time to change and learn new things , meet new people and get new challenges. But overall I will always have good memories with that place

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hermitage Medical Clinic?

Long hours and understaff

Work 39 hours/week, oncall is after 8pm and paid every quarter of an hour. Understaffed most of the time, worst could be lone working at times and on Saturdays. Have to clocked in and out to exact minutes, otherwise you will be owing time. This will accumulate and file up easily and turn into hours. Long hours less annual leave. No salary increments.

Pros

Free parking and tea

Cons

Long hours, understaffed, less annual leave

Tips: Good negotiations skills. Team work is essential. Parking space. Overtime it's a routine thing. Overall it's a nice place to work,good staff members.

Pros

Free coffee

Busy

Busy work place, high demand for throughput. Often working alone. Work 13 hour shifts, 3 days a week, and owe 3 hours at the end of the week.

Pros

free parking

Cons

Work 13 hour shifts, 3 days a week, and owe 3 hours at the end of the week.

Educational, informative, interesting

My duties: filing, arranging appointments on Socrates system, dictatyping on Compuspeak, Patient accounts, interdepartmental bookings, admissions. I had 4 co workers and they were a pleasure to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients. There was nothing negitive about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hermitage Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement