Hermitage Medical Clinic

Nurse3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews

2.6Pay & benefits

honest review

I left the Hermitage recently after working there for 11years as a nurse. I wanted to leave an honest review of my time there and to share my experience. I loved worked there as a nurse. The majority if the team I worked with were amazing. Some of the best nurses I have ever worked with. So caring and dedicated to their job. In every organisation you get the odd few people that are not happy, but I sometimes wonder would they be happy regardless of where they worked!! There are staff retention and recruitment issues in every single hospital in Ireland, the Hermitage is constantly looking to recruit good quality nurses into roles. In regards to promotion, the majority of all senior nursing roles are filled by existing nurses in the hospital, so there is great potential for internal promotion for the right candidate. The hospital is big on quality improvement initiatives so if you are someone that likes to recommend and implement quality improvement changes you will be welcomed here. The Hermitage is a busy acute hospital so be under no illusion it is quiet ,but you will learn so much and work with such amazing people. Even though I have left, I would not bring any family members needing hospital treatment anywhere else, so for me that's the best compliment I can give the Hermitage.

One of the most worst place to work

I suggest to to don't even dream to come to work with Hermitage Medical Clinic. Salary small and never increase, management deaf and blind. U will work a lot for nothing and in their eyes u will never grow. Very sad place, it's just a business who hire slaves.

Pros

Free car parking

Cons

Less annual leaves, no payment increase, poor management

Insights into Hermitage Medical Clinic

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Very Limited staff support

Unachievable expectations placed on staff. No pay increments. Unsafe staff : patient ratio is common practice. Education support programmes, development opportunities and opportunities for career progression, although advertised as a reason to work in the Hermitage only tend to appear when there is a question of a staff member leaving. No loyalty shown to staff. Very little support available for shop floor staff, worries and concerns seem to fall on deaf ears despite being raised on multiple occasions. There is a definite culture of blame present throughout the organisation. Staff are expected to stay on late in order to complete excessive tasks, management justify this as "poor time management" so it goes unpaid, yet if a staff member clocks out 2 or more minutes early they owe this time back to the Hermitage.

Pros

Free parking, cheap coffee

Cons

Culture of blame, very limited support from higher management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hermitage Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Hermitage Medical Clinic with

Hermitage Medical Clinic reviews by location

Learn about Hermitage Medical Clinic in popular locations

• Hermitage Medical Clinic
  • Nurse
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?