Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews
Very flexible place to work where I had large degree of autonomy as long as I delivered per performance goals. Limited salary increases in recent years but some progressive measures being introduced by new CEO e.g. fully paid paternity leave for men.
All the senior management of the company wants is making savings. They do not care about their employees or their customers as long as the management at the top get their own bonuses and the shares are at a good price. We were able to see how much the top management was getting when they were selling their shares since it is a public company. Every year you could see how much they were making at the time of the bonuses while we were told there was no pay increase or bonuses for us and we couldn't even recruit so the teams were constantly under staffed.
Great reintroduction to the workforce. Excellent training and work experience given. Friendly and hardworking work place, which encouraged team building.
International company which has been through a lot of change, new HPE is getting focused and leaner. Lovely people lot of flexibility at management level in working from home, hours etc, as long as the job gets done attitude. Call centre staff are more restricted. Lot of online training available. depending on the role and the year lot of additional training opportunities also.
At time of leaving , there was an over focus on splitting the company. This was very much to the detriment of the people, with little focus on career management , training and up skilling. Did not keep pace with market place salaries

Prior to 2013 / 14 it was a good place to work.
Pros
good health benefits
-Poor management. You are treated as a number
-Too big workload on employees

-HPE slowly takes away one benefit after another from its employees

-Most other companies pay better
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
poor pay compared to other companies, a lot of people leaving, stress, you are only a number
Consistent communications between customers, engineers and consultants resulted in the work been very interactive and varied as no 2 projects were the same. This lead to interesting and varied work.
Work life balance was extremely good and I was able to avail of permanent part time work while still keeping my position.

Would have liked to stay with company but unfortunately I was made redundant.
Pros
Flexibility, location
Amazing staff, great work hours, great week wages, supervisors and managers always willing to help and give us guidance to do a high standard job, nice co-workers
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Far from city centre
God place to work but was made redundant with 28 other Engineers. Was Quality Analyst and did run reports for all the managers in the morning, that made there life's a lot easier to start the day.
Pros
good feedback
Cons
being let go
I am very thankful for the opportunity that they gave me. I had no experience in the area and this first job opened many doors. But this is not a job to work for over a year.
Pros
Good opportunity to learn
Cons
Really bad pay, really far away and poor transport
HPE doesn't innovate anymore. A company that was too heavy on middle management. Lacked direction and was too diversified in it's product and service range.
Very stressful environment. Loads of demands , minimum support from manager. Especially long hours at the end of the month. I do not recommend if you are looking for work-life ballance.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Working in Hewlett Packard helped me gain the confidence in working in Administration. Although I knew I wanted to start my career in this field and not having enough experience, working in HP helped me gain more knowledge and skills to help further my career
Pros
I learned something different each day
While I did my work experience here I gained a lot of knowledge of HP's marketing shipping distribution and sales strageties. I was assosicated with a member of their staff
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Boring
HPE is one of the best companies I worked for. They are very focused on the personal development of their employees and the growth in their careers. The salary is also good and above the average.
Pros
Focused on the growth of their employees
Strong Work Ethic, continuous learning on all aspects of the business, culture is good generally however the split/ merger to DXC has caused concern for most employees.
Pros
Canteen; People; Facilities
Cons
No Overtime Paid; Monthly Overtime expected
Buena empresa para comenzar tu carrera profesional, pero con bajos salarios.
A typicla day is to manage your portfolio of customer that have a lease that is soon maturing. I will have a conversation with the customers to get the endo of term activity and what they would like to do, from either buy-out, extend or return the equipment.

I do pricing quotes and run reports that are sent to the customer.

I will also check future lease contracts to see if anything can be done mid-term.

I also assist the customer if they have budget to burn or they need to do a restructure.

The team is great and makes the work easier but of course when you are dealing with targets the job can be stressfull at times. We try to do different things like kick-offs or baking days to get the fun in to work. Its great that we have many different nationalities as this also makes the team so diverse and you can get support from different type of people.

I think this is the hardest part of the job, trying to get in the Revenue and margin so that we can bring profitability to teh company.

It is also good when the managment is behind you and support you in the decisions that you make. You feel that you are a part of the bigger picture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours at QE and ME
productive and fun place to work
highly focused on improving day to day work related tasks

great at exchanging new ideas and introducing them on

the work environment .
Good place to work and plenty opportunities to move into desired field once in the door. Would recommend it highly to anyone coming out of college like myself.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Worked shift hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K