Hickeys Pharmacy

Hickeys Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Pharmacy healthcare advisor (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 January 2020
Fast paced working environment. Hands on. Must be flexible with your hours. Possibility to progress in company with various courses offered. Team environment.
nA
Manager - Hickey's Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 November 2019
It was a good place to work with a culture.
Spent a lot of time on training staff and working with supplier to get a good costumer service environment.
very good place to work.
I really enjoyed working in Hickeys Pharmacy on west street Drogheda.It is a hard working pharmacy with high standards. The staff are absloutly brillant very hard working and respectable. Everything is done to a standard everyone works very hard and professially.
Cons
amazing hours
calm and friendly workplace
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath27 February 2019
work starts at 9 and ends at 6
i learned all sorts of team based skills, knowledge of OTC medicines and how to deal with customers.
management was friendly and very helpful when you needed them.
The workplace culture is basically a lot of communication and just surrounded by friendly colleagues
i did not find there to be any hard parts to this job.
lots of opportunity to grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 December 2018
Working with Hickeys pharmacy you are very valued as an employee. They have a very friendly, positive environment. There is great supportive management allowing employees the opportunity to grow. I have worked my way up through the company and have received fantastic, professional training and courses to help develop my skills as a manager and pharmacy technician.They are constantly developing employees skills and nurturing potential. There is great perks within the company including 20 percent discount for staff and an excellent bonus scheme.Love how you learn something new everyday and helping patients in need.
Pros
training and recognition
Great opportunity to progress
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork3 December 2018
A great company culture with lots of opportunities to progress. There is a big focus on training in store. No day is the same and there is always something new to learn. There is a strong community feel in store and I work with a fantastic team.
Pros
Great culture, opportunities to progress, training
Very busy but was really enjoyable and beneficial
Healthcare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ireland2 October 2018
Each morning we would have a daily meeting to discuss the shops targets. The management were very nice to work for and all my colleagues were helpful and nice.
Awful management
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 August 2018
Hickeys Pharmacy apparently pride themselves on the importance of the staff within the shops. The only people that matter to them is the awful management in their support office. Un realistic targets given to shops, no pay rises and their new slogan to staff is work harder and smarter, thats nice!. Management will call to shops and ignore the workers only speaking to the pharmacists within the store and never take on board any of the issues that you may have. Shops are very understaffed and the rate of staff leaving has to be addressed. No sick pay or any benefits unless you can actually make the un realistic target provided, if you do forget it next month as the targets are driven up. This company only seems to have one focus, opening up more shops. Maybe they should see what has happened to Lloyds and realise that the staff on the ground are the real driving force. This company slowly kills any pride or love you had for your job
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
No pay rises, bad communication, awful management
pay
Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 August 2018
No pay rise ever given, not paid the going rate. Told the company isn't making enough money, however able to open many new shops. This company is a busy company, however the job is always made harder by suits in head office, coming up with new ideas that they think will work, however as many of them have no experience working in a shop environment, this is never the case. The hardest part if my day is knowing that no matter how much work i do, you will not get the credit or money that you are due. The most enjoyable part of my day in the staff i work with and the majority of the customers that i deal with on a day to day basis. Management like to take credit for everyone else work, and are not always there to help you. What i have learned is not matter how hard you work or apply yourself, you will never be reworded as is required.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Weekend and bank holiday work
Postitive and productive enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin3 June 2018
I think Working at The Fying tiger Copenhagen was a beneficial experience as it helped me gain an insight on the working world and expanded my knowledge on communicating and working
Pros
Long breaks
Good atmosphere
Pharmacy Work experience (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin3 November 2017
Excellent atmosphere
friendly people very welcoming
The employees are very kind and make me feel comfortable and apart of the family
My boss was very kind and caring and made sure I was comfortable as possible
overall and enjoyed my time at Hickey’s pharmacy
Pros
N/a
Cons
4 hours
Friendly work enviroment
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maynooth co Kildare25 July 2017
Great place to work.Friendly enviroment. What i love the most about my job is dealing with people and helping people on a day to day basis. I have a big interest in the medicine backround,.
The best job I have had
O.T.C. Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maynooth, County Kildare18 July 2017
This was the best job that I have ever had. I left it to pursue a career in makeup artistry and have regretted it ever since. The position itself was ever-changing and you were constantly learning. The manager was brilliant and the staff were great fun.
Pros
The job itself
Cons
A primarily female-filled workplace always has it's negatives
Good environment, staff are welcoming and nice
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 June 2017
Good environment for young workers, staff are welcoming and happy to train new workers. At first i was nervous as it was my first professional working experience but i quickly adapted and was able to do my job perfectly.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low pay
Easygoing and fun place.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 January 2017
I felt I was always kept busy by the manager in this Pharmacy. There was ways something to be done and the manager ensured I competed whatever it was to be done. Yet simultaneously, she explained rach task that had to be done clearly and simply and was helpful in times of need. Considering it was chrsitmas it was twice as busy but everything was still kept under control and it was great to see and be a part of that.
Great work experience
In the mornings I had to face all the products which would make the products more eye catching to a customers eye. This also looked much neater. During my work experience there I have learned how to date check medicines and how to stack over stock in a neat way.
My co-workers brought a friendly atmosphere during working which made me feel happy. There was no challenging part to my job, except having to bend down a lot to check the dates of some vitamins. The most enjoyable part of my job was stacking and sticking prices on the new products that came In the delivery.
Pros
Non
Cons
from 9am-4pm
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallaght Dublin9 April 2014
I Found hickeys pharmacy very awarding , great to work with hard working fun & easy.
Enjoyable with targets to meet, working alongside management to boost my own skills and to gain theirs, excellent
Photo lab technican (Former Employee) –  Arklow, Co Wicklow.1 July 2012
erybodysThe most enjoyable part of my day is when the sun is shining and their's a smile on my face and a bounce in my step, you know it's going to be a great day, customers like me and i like them. I have the gift of the gab but i know when to stop. I liege with management throughout the day trying to come up with ways for the company to be more efficient, more customer oriented , it's true what they say we learn by our mistakes and thus we try even harder to make life easier for 1 ourselves and 2 the most important part, the customer, without them, no customers no job, luckily with a smile on my face, a gentle but firm handshake, selling of products. If you are confident so are they which increases sales and all involved are happy. Theirs great enjoyment with a sale which builds your confidence even more for the next amount of sales, all are happy.
Pros
staff discount, uniform
Cons
no smoking ha ha, biscuits
proactive, fun work place
OTC sales assistant (Former Employee) –  arklow, co wicklow31 May 2012
good to work for, alot of training provided. salary not great but beefits outway that.
Pros
20% discount even on sale items
Cons
pay isnt good