Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 12,376 reviews
Enjoyable place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Clones, County Monaghan7 June 2019
Enjoyable day to day work, good friendly staff and owners. Hard work but rewarding. I learned to have good co-operation skills with staff and customers and maintain good time management.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Great place to work, lovely management and co-workers.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Dublin28 February 2019
I worked at Hilton Dublin Airport for 6 years, during which time I received many opportunities to develop my career within the hospitality industry. They want the best for their employees and always offer training and development for growth.

The shift work can be unsociable especially if you have a young family as your weekends can be the busiest times of the week. However management are flexible with requests regarding rosters.

No two days are the same and it can be a challenging yet rewarding place to work. You gain real experience with dealing with the public from face to face interactions. You must have the ability to solve problems and find solutions quickly as they can arise at any moment in your day.

The team are great here and they offer lots of social outings throughout the year with special recognition months for each department.

I would highly recommend anyone starting their career in the hospitality sector to work here as it will give you a great foundation and learning to develop yourself.
Pros
Dinner/lunch provided, Management, co-workers, self development opportunities
Cons
Unsociable hours/life work balance
about Hilton foods my wiev
Packer/Picker , d'bagger (Former Employee) –  Drogheda- Ireland8 October 2018
Hello, I had worked in this company good 6years exactly maybe more...Worked as a packer all lines and d'bagger.I can say it is good company for the factory worker from start which gives full training and uznderstanding about job in meat factory, safety of working in different types off job in different lines.Good usually was lines leaders, manegement.Verry good canteen and food inside served ar break.never late wage and payslips.good possibility to take holyday when you need usually.good clothes clean and tidy confi shoes.
Pros
would be good if u work 13hours to get 3times by 30min break
Great Place
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin Airport, County Dublin30 July 2018
Amazing Job when you're starting out in the hospitality industry, there is so many different opportunities.
Management was great all the Staff in the Hilton Dublin Airport were amazing, so helpful.
Hardest part of the job for me was the distance I had to Travel.
Best part about working there was meeting different people from all over the world..
Pros
met great people
Cons
travel
gret work experience
commie chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2018
Great work environment. I learned a lot with this company. Would recommend it to anybody thinking of applying or a job here. Great work hours and contract.
Productive,fast pace
Line leader (Current Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth12 June 2017
I have worked in many different job types it is a very fast paced setting..I started as a packer..then went on to be trained for a quality lead.i have worked as a quality lead for 2/3 years and I went on mertinity leave when I came back I got trained as a line runner and I am currently a line leader.
Cons
Very cold
I found myself out of place
Commis Chef (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2017
I felt out of place working there and i felt degraded and the other chefs would put you down if I didn't know stuff and I'm only a chef in training And I was made fun of because I wasn't learning quickly enough
Good workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dublin6 March 2017
Highly recommended. Positive people, the system of work organized , gym for free, car park, friendship bosses who do not make problems with any request.
Pros
Good holiday benefits
Hard work with high pressure and expectations
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin City Centre2 November 2016
A very competitive working environment. The possibility for progressing was good, however the prospects and motivation to do so where not. I learned that I like to be honest and open with people and that I am a hard worker while employed by the Hilton. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demands and expectations the management put forward. The most enjoyable part was the stories and people I was exposed to while on shift.
Pros
free staff food and training
Cons
unpredictable roster and very low paid
Diferente oportunidade
R&S (Former Employee) –  Dublin Irlanda19 July 2016
Parte mais dificil era trabalhar aos domingos. Bom ambiente, havia trabalho em equipe. Diferente oportunidade por se tratar de uma empresa europeia e do segmento de entretenimento.
Pros
localização
Cons
trabalhar aos domingos
Good work colleges
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 May 2016
Bad Managment,good co-workers,doing other duties and roles. I exchange i learned a lot of new things.no Weekends off.Winter time no Hours
Pros
lunch
Cons
bad managment
Store Person (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D17 October 2015
Great team players,
Opportunities for future career,
Free meal and lot of discount,
Awards for employee of the month and year,
hardworking
Accommodation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin,3 October 2015
intense work,can be repetitive but staff are friendly which keep you going,very tiring aswell,can be frustrating if guests are latye to leave room
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many rooms
Productive and fun workplace with good team
Bartender, Mixologist (Current Employee) –  Dublin, D24 May 2015
nothing extra, I wish the time when I can use my knowledge
what I want to learn, I can not, because do not let me learn
not to bad
good ,
disorganization
colleagues
Fun workplace, very good managment,
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland16 March 2015
- good place to work in hotel.
- funny people,
-people very hapeful
-the worst part of the job:
-irregulars work days and hours
-any option to promotion

the bast part of the job:
managment very good,
very good organisation of job.
very good place to working for a students.
Pros
best managment
Cons
irregulars work days and hours
A good place to learn hospitality
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D20 October 2014
It is a good company to have on your c.v and is very hard work but does show people what kind of hours you expected to work in the hotel industry