Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 13,668 reviews
Fast paced, high standards, guest satisfaction, good team, great benefits. Shift work isn’t great. Long/stressful days. Great to work for a global brand.
It was Nice and welcoming all the staffs the shifts are great for those who like to work in the morning. The benefits could have been better . On holiday they would make the staffs Christmas lunches.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Many companies will pay for your equipment - not w/ Hilton. Hilton will provide a cheap headset & you'll need to have your own equipment. When I first started I had to pay $60 for their headset, no kidding! Ok job as a part-time; your vocal cords will take a beating with back-to-back calls. After 10 yrs w/ Hilton, I got fired during Covid! They didn't give me an option for layoff. The company culture sadly changed after they paid off Blackstone. FYI: if you get fired, your insurance stops on that very same day. I lost many hours of saved up sick time, which they did not pay. Hilton dropped the ball when an email accidentally came out about people over 40 were going to get fired. I was one of them. The new system sucks and difficult to navigate. Managers are becoming reps b/c it pays better. How bizarre is that? Absolutely no room for growth unless you want to become a DC. All positions are lateral, so expect more work with no increase in pay. Every DC has their own expectations that veer differently from each other. There are many companies coming from Massachusetts, Connecticut and New York areas that pay better and provide 2 monitors, laptops, docking station, keyboard, mouse and headset with significantly less call volume. For example, Volvo & Nestlé. Yes, you can make some money with the sales aspect; however, you are competing with other hotels, researching information for the customer and haggling prices with customers and fighting a system that does not work. After you spend so much time with them, the customer decides not to book with you & that counts - more...
Pros
remote, good healthcare options, sales-minded can obtain good perks
Cons
expensive healthcare, constantly haggling with customers, no loyalty, kiss DC's buttocks
I worked as a banquet bartender at the Hilton New Orleans. They have thier favorites to work on the really good parties. I made really good money working as a banquet bartender.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Management has favorites
They put profit first! The elevators breaking down, the slow hotel shuttles, lack of adequate staff at the front desk, managers disappearing when you need, etc.. are all things the hotel could spend money on to improve but do not. These will all become your problem and good luck finding the offending department's manager/supervisor to fix the issue. You are on your own. Instead of fixing issues, the owners pad their pockets and hotel staff struggles but somehow manages to keep their guest scores high enough to avoid corporate from bringing down the hammer. If you want to advance, look for a department you like and transfer as soon as you can. From what I saw, the longer you stay at the front desk, there harder it was to leave.
Worked for franchise under Hilton umbrella so the company still had to adhere to certain standards. I loved it. Hilton has class and great benefits for employees. Also system is the best in my opinion. Easy to learn and rewards employees
Pros
Easy systems - very update and modern
Cons
...Can't really think of any
Hilton's stagnant, they don't like to change things up . They stick to old traditions and it's a bit boring . nothing new and exciting to look forward to .
Pros
free employee meals
Cons
employee meals suck
Cool sur tous les plans en gros une entreprise de reve ils traitent vraiment bien les employés ,le boss est a l'écoute de ceux sur tous les plans enfin qu'ils puissent donner le meilleur d'eux-mêmes durant le travail
Pros
Repas, assistance sociale
Cons
Rien
turni di lavoro spesso e volentieri di 12 ore (il mio record fu di 14 ore con mezzora di tempo per pranzare). Stipendio invece dei prestabiliti 1500 era ero spesso e volentieri di 1100 1200 a causa di errori contabili ore di straordinario che sparivano ogni mese.
Pros
prendo tutti cani e porci
Cons
se non hai una stamina d'acciaio non puoi resistere
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hilton?
Fun workplace, meet alot of different people and different nationalities, always a busy hotel and management and staff like myself is always busy. Alot of friendly a curtious hotel guess and workers.
A great place to learn and grow. Definitely a company that you could retire from. You can really build a solid foundation for your future within the company. So many positive routes you can take to become successful and feel confident.
Pros
Family oriented. Family always comes first.
Cons
Not always being recognized for all the hard work and effort
The culture at the Hilton Hotel Durban, l will forever indebted to the company for expose me to such beautiful flair in business. I liked how structed the company was, and how it appreciated ones worth by giving incentives and recognition programmes
Pros
a lost of trainings
Cons
Great company to pay off any outstanding debts, not much place for growth. Management don't take ownership and will often pass blame on others for their fail
Pros
Employee discount program
Cons
No ownership
This place is great even during tbe covid crisis. I was furloughed for 6 months and after the time they brought me back on. There were several people that the company did let go but its understandable.
Pros
Company does great with showing employee appreciation
Cons
Covid19
I was working in team restaurant on breakfast and I was serving the quest with nice smile on my face.I was enjoying to work in such a lovely place.All the people was very kind and they was make my work very easy and nice.
Pros
Free lunched
Great place to work if you are looking for hospitality experience. Hilton has basic health and 401k match - mainly owned by different property management so you might get something different
Everyone was usually super helpful and positive. No micromanaging which was great. Only issue I had was I felt like they could've communicated better when it came to certain things. Lots of changes were being made and initiatives weren't always clear.
Pros
Friendly work environment, flexible schedule
Cons
Pay was a little low for certain positions
Enjoyed the team members and management. The product is beautiful...renovated guestrooms.Lower cost for health benefits would be a be plus and much more attractive package upon hiring.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off, paid holidays
Cons
Health benefits too expensive
All well Hilton is a brand Multicultural team with all area from the worlds Motivated team with smart management People are nice and well trained You can see ur future with company
Pros
Superb
Cons
Best place to work! Team work is key we are like family. Where else can you go to work and it’s always a party. We cater to 400 plus parties and provide Great food and exceptional service.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Seasonal
Excellent chefs and menus great team work and staff are wonderful makes a great place to work for many years I would happily suggest to anyone give it a try.
  1. Employee reviews