Hilton

Hilton Employee Reviews in Dublin

Fast paced, high standards, guest satisfaction, good team, great benefits. Shift work isn’t great. Long/stressful days. Great to work for a global brand.
It is a great place to work for who just moved to Ireland, Hilton provides a good environment to work and also has a lot of benefits that you can enjoy.
I worked at Hilton Dublin Airport for 6 years, during which time I received many opportunities to develop my career within the hospitality industry. They want the best for their employees and always offer training and development for growth. The shift work can be unsociable especially if you have a young family as your weekends can be the busiest times of the week. However management are flexible with requests regarding rosters. No two days are the same and it can be a challenging yet rewarding place to work. You gain real experience with dealing with the public from face to face interactions. You must have the ability to solve problems and find solutions quickly as they can arise at any moment in your day. The team are great here and they offer lots of social outings throughout the year with special recognition months for each department. I would highly recommend anyone starting their career in the hospitality sector to work here as it will give you a great foundation and learning to develop yourself.
Pros
Dinner/lunch provided, Management, co-workers, self development opportunities
Cons
Unsociable hours/life work balance
Great work environment. I learned a lot with this company. Would recommend it to anybody thinking of applying or a job here. Great work hours and contract.
I felt out of place working there and i felt degraded and the other chefs would put you down if I didn't know stuff and I'm only a chef in training And I was made fun of because I wasn't learning quickly enough
Highly recommended. Positive people, the system of work organized , gym for free, car park, friendship bosses who do not make problems with any request.
Pros
Good holiday benefits
A very competitive working environment. The possibility for progressing was good, however the prospects and motivation to do so where not. I learned that I like to be honest and open with people and that I am a hard worker while employed by the Hilton. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demands and expectations the management put forward. The most enjoyable part was the stories and people I was exposed to while on shift.
Pros
free staff food and training
Cons
unpredictable roster and very low paid
Parte mais dificil era trabalhar aos domingos. Bom ambiente, havia trabalho em equipe. Diferente oportunidade por se tratar de uma empresa europeia e do segmento de entretenimento.
Pros
localização
Cons
trabalhar aos domingos
Bad Managment,good co-workers,doing other duties and roles. I exchange i learned a lot of new things.no Weekends off.Winter time no Hours
Pros
lunch
Cons
bad managment
Great team players, Opportunities for future career, Free meal and lot of discount, Awards for employee of the month and year,
intense work,can be repetitive but staff are friendly which keep you going,very tiring aswell,can be frustrating if guests are latye to leave room
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too many rooms
nothing extra, I wish the time when I can use my knowledge what I want to learn, I can not, because do not let me learn not to bad good , disorganization colleagues
- good place to work in hotel. - funny people, -people very hapeful -the worst part of the job: -irregulars work days and hours -any option to promotion the bast part of the job: managment very good, very good organisation of job. very good place to working for a students.
Pros
best managment
Cons
irregulars work days and hours
It is a good company to have on your c.v and is very hard work but does show people what kind of hours you expected to work in the hotel industry