Hilton

Hilton Management reviews

Fair Pay for tough work
The working hours on the floor are the best thing about hilton, 3 days on 4 days off makes the extremely long shifts worth it overall, there's plenty of overtime available for those who want it and the people on the job are very friendly and easy-going as long as the work is getting done.

The 2 big cons are the chaotic management and the fatigue of standing/walking for 12 hours a day.
4 Stars for permanent employment and 3 stars for temporary because the work-schedule of people on the roster is a complete mess.
Enjoyable place to work
Enjoyable day to day work, good friendly staff and owners. Hard work but rewarding. I learned to have good co-operation skills with staff and customers and maintain good time management.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Great place to work, lovely management and co-workers.
I worked at Hilton Dublin Airport for 6 years, during which time I received many opportunities to develop my career within the hospitality industry. They want the best for their employees and always offer training and development for growth.

The shift work can be unsociable especially if you have a young family as your weekends can be the busiest times of the week.
However management are flexible with requests regarding rosters.

No two days are the same and it can be a challenging yet rewarding place to work. You gain real experience with dealing with the public from face to face interactions. You must have the ability to solve problems and find solutions quickly as they can arise at any moment in your day.

The team are great here and they offer lots of social outings throughout the year with special recognition months for each department.

I would highly recommend anyone starting their career in the hospitality sector to work here as it will give you a great foundation and learning to develop yourself.
Pros
Dinner/lunch provided, Management, co-workers, self development opportunities
Cons
Unsociable hours/life work balance
Great Place
Amazing Job when you're starting out in the hospitality industry, there is so many different opportunities.
Management was great all the Staff in the Hilton Dublin Airport were amazing, so helpful.
Hardest part of the job for me was the distance I had to Travel.

Best part about working there was meeting different people from all over the world..
Pros
met great people
Cons
travel
Hard work with high pressure and expectations
A very competitive working environment. The possibility for progressing was good, however the prospects and motivation to do so where not. I learned that I like to be honest and open with people and that I am a hard worker while employed by the Hilton. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demands and expectations the management put forward. The most enjoyable part was the stories and people I was exposed to while on shift.
Pros
free staff food and training
Cons
unpredictable roster and very low paid