The job was sold to me so enthusiastically I was so excited for the potential of the role. The reality is completely different. Place zero trust in staff, offer little to no flexibility. You are watched like a hawk. The time I spent working there knocked my confidence in every way. If you are hoping to further your career in hospitality run dont walk away from this hotel.
It's a lovely family run business and a great hotel but cannot recommend as somewhere good to work.
Junior chef (Former Employee) - Dogs body - 17 June 2019
I went here to work as a chef the induction training was non existent the training was shocking when asked about dishes they pointed to a picture on the wall
The items very missing from fridges everything was batch cooked you could wander all day long and no one would look for you the head geezer sits on his tod doing Jack all
Little commis run the joint from start to close
The staff are unfriendly and hate to help each other out if you can understand there lingo
No proper system to clock in you need to ask for everything
As the head geezer one said any chef worth there salt stay away
Guys wise up and train up
To the customers avoid the food preheated
Especially as a person working there at night my team always felt excluded as we were always a lost identity in the hotel. In general not a nice place to work in only good thing about the place is some of the ppl that work in there.
- A typical day at work involved organising indoor and outdoor games and activities for large groups of children between the ages of 0-12, organising and serving them lunch and dinner and organising an evening movie for them
- I learned how to be patient and deal with difficult children while remaining friendly and happy towards them. I learned how to work as part of a team and under the direction of a supervisor
- My co- workers were of a similar age and we got along really well which made the job an enjoyable experience
- The hardest part of the job was keeping a large group of young children under control
- The most enjoyable part of the job was playing games with children and encouraging them to make friends