Hollister Co

Hollister Co Employee Reviews

Ireland10 reviews

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,483 reviews

Fun workplace

Fun part-time work, but looking for something more serious and challenging. A typical day involved maintaining the floor, assisting customers and handling money.

Great experience

A fantastic place to work, with a great environment and management! I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Hollister over the past 2 years. I have absolutely no complaints :)

Fun

Working at Hollister was a lot of fun. Not a single unfriendly crew member, everyone helpful and nice when you're new. Provide lots of training and encouragement.

Boa oportunidade para entrar no mercado internacional

Ótima oportunidade para estudantes que moram no exterior. Empresa que me abriu outras portas.

Fun and lively

With their easy change of shifts and their lively business it is a great fun place to work. fun for any culture because they are well diverse. They always have great staff and lively music playing which welcomes customers to the store.

Pros

Lively, good working environment, Music

Good at the start, but deteriorated rapidly after a while

I started working in Hollister early in 2017 as a Sales Associate (or Brand Representative as they call it). I was told that the training would be "gradual" which in reality meant you received little to no training at all, and you are left to pick things up yourself. Over the course of my time at Hollister, I started to notice that among the managers, there was favouritism for certain Associates with regards to scheduling shifts, i.e. If you were akin to a "teacher's pet" with the managers, you will get more hours. As I was getting scheduled very little hours, I raised this issue with the managers and as a result, I was warned about my conduct.

Pros

Friendly Co-workers, Staff Discount

Cons

Poor Managers, Very Low Hours, Low Pay

Good for beginners

It is good for your first job however management favour certain people and don't keep their word which results in a lack of confidence.

Great place, good salary.

Usually our days there are very busy, but we also have a nice team of managers, they are very kind always helping us to achieve our goal.

Productive fun and simple

A typical day consisted of mainly Greeting and helping costumers with any query regarding our stock, working the tills when needed and supervising the fitting rooms.We were instructed on how to prevent theft using recovery statements, discreet staff communication constant alert supervision. Every morning I was Briefed on the the sale goal for the week as well and updates on greeting customers and dealing with any difficulties a shopper may experience. My Co-workers were compliant and friendly we had good rapport both during and after work we worked well as a team and helped each other when necessary. the most difficult part of the job was trying to manage the hours i was given with my college hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with a broad variety of people from different backgrounds and ages. Being bilingual helped and customers were always comfortable around me. I regularly took early morning shifts beginning at 9am ending at 3pm.

Pros

Being able to exchange hours with my peers

Cons

The athmosphere of the shop was somewhat dark and often the fragrances were too strong.

Fast paced, structured work environment

Typical Day: Would include a managers meeting where business and people issues,sales target,performance were discussed. Throughout the day I would preform a wide range of activities, both within my own role in HR and other general business functions (Stockroom, sales floor, store presentation etc). I would also monitor projected sales targets against actual performance as well as monitoring budgeted workforce hours against actual hours and against sales targets. Most crucially I learned how to manage and lead the associates of the store and to ensure that i had the trust and respect of everyone i worked with. I also learned how to manage my time and how to manage and monitor delegated work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement