Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 3,981 reviews
A Challenging experience
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 May 2019
It videoed me a great experience in terms of establishing close relations with clients and coworkers.

But the working conditions and the instability were a great challenge.
No advancement
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 April 2019
Little opportunity to advance career, only pay rise available is 50cent an hour after you complete two modules that you have to pay over 300euros for. Working with the clients and helping people is great and satisfying. But unfortunately the way the job is set up it is not a good choice of career.
Cons
No advancement
Not a great company to work for.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork26 March 2019
Very bad schedules. I had to drive 10 kilometres to and from my clients house 3 times a day. I worked 80 days in a row before I got a day off. Lies constantly been told from the office, false promises of days off. Phone calls constantly to work more hours even though I had told them I was only available part time. Wages are poor, no travel allowance and no uniforms.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Unprofessional company
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 December 2018
A company that does not pay its staff on day. Wages being paid late, around a month late. And if someone from the staff complains, they will give a fake reference about you, saying bad things about you and just because you reported this wrong behaviour of the company, in which if was a professional place to work, situations like this would not happen.
Pros
nothing
Reliable management and professional training based on your daily activities.
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IRELAND2 October 2018
It was a pleasure working with them for over a year. I really felt myself as an important part of the team, as they were always trying to make sure that my safety was guaranteed.
Pros
Higher salary
Cons
Difficult management of schedule
very productive
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford1 June 2018
Caring for the elderly in thier own homes
how to promote there health and well being in their own homes
office staff are great, they link in with you on a daily basis there is always someeone on the the other end of the phone should you need them
the hardest part for me was the traveling to and from clients
being with the elderly in their own homes reeminds me of my own grandmother and putting a smile on their face over a cup of tea and aa chat
Pros
promoting health and well in the communtiy
Cons
a lot of travelling
Every day is different
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wexford4 April 2018
I enjoy the work as every client that I go to has different needs. The office staff are also easy to approach if I have a problem with a client. As each client has different needs it can be very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference to a client is being cared for at home rather than having to go into a nursing home.
Carer
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kilcullen, County Kildare7 March 2018
General client care .i.e. showering etc, cleaning house, bedroom cleaning etc. companionship, client activities in general public, Management easy to deal with.
Pros
Cons
no pay rise, no extra hours, no breaks
enjoyable position
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin14 February 2018
working for Home Instead these past number of years has been extremely benificial to myself and those i care for. they are a great support to both myself and my clients
Pros
great support
Cons
not enough clients
enjoyable
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Offaly13 February 2018
going from house to house helping people in their daily activities and needs, Giving showers if they wanted them, Helping with the limited list we r allowed to help with.
Pros
meet lovely people
Cons
not enough time for each client
Very good company...
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tipperary South Riding, County Tipperary21 January 2018
Home instead are very good to work for...have plenty of work..value there staff...Irish company..run courses all the time...pay welll...very well organised...great management...check in on there staff all the time...
Pros
Run courses all the time
Cons
Don't pay diesel...have a lit driving to do...
lovely job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Galway29 November 2017
very rewarding place to work. have met some lovely people along my travels and have supported some very strong people that have a hard life. it is a lovely place to work.
Great company to Work with.
Home Instead Senior Care (Former Employee) –  Limerick14 November 2017
I loved Working for this Company. All the staff were lovely and such wonderful clients. Gerat characters were met throughout my time with home Instead.
Pros
Great understanding staff in the office
Flexible hours. Good support from HomeCare Manager.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tipperary24 October 2017
Client's and Caregivers suitably matched. Good induction given prior to working with client. Good teamwork and support from HomeCare Manager. Travel distance to Client can sometimes be far away for a short working time.
Cons
Uncertain hours
Nice company
HCA (Former Employee) –  Trim, County Meath6 September 2017
Overall a nice company, clients are lovely.

Money is poor as you are not paid for millage, so you are paying literally to keep your car on the road.

Your schedule does be all over the place as it will change over the 2 weeks you get your roster.

Don't give up full time work to work at home help as you will not get full time hours.
Pros
Nice Clients
Cons
Long hours, poor pay.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork26 August 2017
I worked only few hours a week but Home Instead is a great company to work for, they are always calling to see if everything is OK at work and when an employee has a situation or a problem there is always someone on the phone to help, I had a good experience and gained a lot of new skills in a very short time.
Very Poor
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick17 August 2017
Very poor experience. Management have established favourites within company who receive the most hours work and favorable hours to work. Not approachable and bad atmosphere within office.
Pros
Clients
Friendly and reliable
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thurles, co Tipperary19 July 2017
My role in home instead was that of healthcare assistant. I would travel to the home of an elderly person in need of care and help them. This would be shopping, cleaning, assistance in bathing or shaving and companionship activities.
Pros
Talking to and helping my clients
Cons
The long drives to and from clients homes.
All management and staff were great to work with .
Carer (Former Employee) –  Kilcullen, County Kildare2 July 2017
It was a great place to work all staff from top to bottom were amazing people to work with . I learned who to care for people emotionally and physically. The hardest part of my job was to see any of my clients suffering when coming to end of life .
fair
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, County Offaly31 May 2017
hours varied wage was low due to insufficient hours. loved the work and all staff were nice but not very understanding at times when it came to employees home life and responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K