Home Instead Senior Care
Coronavirus update
Information from Home Instead Senior Care:

Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Ireland79 reviews
Long hours, learning nothing, no real management, no workplace culture. An easy job to do. Very little support and whilst it was satisfying to assist vulnerable people there was no real sense of achievement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Had compliments from all clients, Garda vetting, Fetac level five healthcare support, 2 years experience with good references, stopped getting shifts with no explanation given, see them advertising all the time, I call regularly looking for work but somehow they have none for me.
Pros
Fairly independent work
Cons
Never know when you'll slight management somehow and without so much as a warning get dropped, you have no rights in this line of work, the pay is low for the level of responsibility you're taking on, as well as the risk of injury/illness, there's no sick pay either.
Home Instead Senior Care are a great company to work for. They genuinely care about their client and staff welfare and are very approachable, understanding and respectful.
Homeinstead is a great company to work for, all the staff in the office are very nice to the boss right down to the receptionist lovely lovely people,
I enjoyed my time with the North Cork office. Team were very supportive. Can have tough days but my co workers were very supportive. I would encourage everyone to work with the elderly
Not a good company to work for as no duty of care or loyalty for their present carers .when Homestead were not getting a very small %of package last year and this year they kept employing new carers and their present carers hours were reduced ,some carers might only get 3,4 hours per week.Because of 0 hours Contracts Contracts
A typical work day would start by going to your clients house, getting them up, giving them a wash and getting them dressed. Then get the client comfortable and feed them their breakfast and cook their dinner for later on in the day. And make sure the client is ok for the day while possibly on their own.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Split hours. Driving from one place to the other in a short amount of time
The clients are great but that's the only thing.
The office can be impossible to get through to unless they want you to work extra shifts.

The rate of pay is too low and there is no pay scale of pay rises at all. No room to work your way up.

I spend most of the little money I do earn, paying for petrol to get from one client to the next.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Hours, pay, no progression, no milage
A great family company to work for, challenging workload that I loved, great teamwork aspect to the company, a caring company with many good people working there.
They are good company the assist tou when on site..they give you a person to do a shadowing so you can understand what the job is all about..and they pay is aright
Nasty underhanded place to work. Patients do not always get the care they deserve due to the terrible scheduling that goes on. I was pulled in every direction on a daily basis
Been working for them 3 years now and until 1 year ago and they have gone down hill, pay is horrendous, to much expected when you have no time available, scheduling office dont listen. and I
Pros
Clients
Cons
Pay is poor, scheduling office dont listen
Home Instead at the time I worked with them was collaborative not withstanding that the scheduling was difficult to manage at some point. If you like what you do you can juggle.
Staff are rewarded at the end of the year.
Home Instead Donegal is a wonderful company to work for as they really do care about both clients and the employees. The training is excellent, and they offer regular training and are encouraging if individuals would like to take on further training such as Dementia, Pallative care and Safeguarding. All the staff in the office are kind and respectful. I've always felt that since the Home Instead interview that the staff seem very caring towards clients, often going above and beyond what is expected of them. I have made some great friends at Home Instead and out in the community since becoming a qualified Care Giver.
Homeinstead is a good place to begin working in ireland and to improve your english. The fact that you can talk to many irish people as your clients helps you a lot. And you get experience for your next jobs.
few office workers are nice and trying to help caregivers. but had to ask many times for solving even didn't get answer or not a good backup. not many clients then no more work time.
Badly organised and no consideration for travel time or expenses. No consideration for work life balance. Expected for travel miles and would not pay travel expenses. Wages very low.
Not enough hours, not enough money, no days off sometimes for 2 weeks. I'm very disappointed, because I didn't have money for my bills and for food, then I was working in this company 😕
Home Instead Senior Care is a lovely company to work with. Management are always at the end of the phone and always willing to help. Very flexible working hours.. I love working for this company and the clients are a bonus.
Double booking staff all the time expecting them to be in two places at once. Not sending out enough staff for certain clients, putting their staff at risk of injury. Very underpaid and won't pay milage no matter what they tell you.
Working with home instead senior care is one of the good experience I have ever had. They taught me many things I need to know like Manuel and patients handling, how to work best as team, how to deal with people having dementia etc.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K