Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 3,704 reviews
Reliable management and professional training based on your daily activities.
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IRELAND2 October 2018
It was a pleasure working with them for over a year. I really felt myself as an important part of the team, as they were always trying to make sure that my safety was guaranteed.
Pros
Higher salary
Cons
Difficult management of schedule
Unprofessional company
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 December 2018
A company that does not pay its staff on day. Wages being paid late, around a month late. And if someone from the staff complains, they will give a fake reference about you, saying bad things about you and just because you reported this wrong behaviour of the company, in which if was a professional place to work, situations like this would not happen.
Pros
nothing
very productive
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford1 June 2018
Caring for the elderly in thier own homes
how to promote there health and well being in their own homes
office staff are great, they link in with you on a daily basis there is always someeone on the the other end of the phone should you need them
the hardest part for me was the traveling to and from clients
being with the elderly in their own homes reeminds me of my own grandmother and putting a smile on their face over a cup of tea and aa chat
Pros
promoting health and well in the communtiy
Cons
a lot of travelling
Very good company...
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tipperary South Riding, County Tipperary21 January 2018
Home instead are very good to work for...have plenty of work..value there staff...Irish company..run courses all the time...pay welll...very well organised...great management...check in on there staff all the time...
Pros
Run courses all the time
Cons
Don't pay diesel...have a lit driving to do...
Every day is different
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wexford4 April 2018
I enjoy the work as every client that I go to has different needs. The office staff are also easy to approach if I have a problem with a client. As each client has different needs it can be very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference to a client is being cared for at home rather than having to go into a nursing home.
Nice company
HCA (Former Employee) –  Trim, County Meath6 September 2017
Overall a nice company, clients are lovely.

Money is poor as you are not paid for millage, so you are paying literally to keep your car on the road.

Your schedule does be all over the place as it will change over the 2 weeks you get your roster.

Don't give up full time work to work at home help as you will not get full time hours.
Pros
Nice Clients
Cons
Long hours, poor pay.
enjoyable position
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin14 February 2018
working for Home Instead these past number of years has been extremely benificial to myself and those i care for. they are a great support to both myself and my clients
Pros
great support
Cons
not enough clients
enjoyable
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Offaly13 February 2018
going from house to house helping people in their daily activities and needs, Giving showers if they wanted them, Helping with the limited list we r allowed to help with.
Pros
meet lovely people
Cons
not enough time for each client
Very Poor
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick17 August 2017
Very poor experience. Management have established favourites within company who receive the most hours work and favorable hours to work. Not approachable and bad atmosphere within office.
Pros
Clients
lovely job
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Galway29 November 2017
very rewarding place to work. have met some lovely people along my travels and have supported some very strong people that have a hard life. it is a lovely place to work.
Great company to Work with.
Home Instead Senior Care (Former Employee) –  Limerick14 November 2017
I loved Working for this Company. All the staff were lovely and such wonderful clients. Gerat characters were met throughout my time with home Instead.
Pros
Great understanding staff in the office
Person centered Great place to work
senior care 60 Merrion road Ballsbridge (Current Employee) –  Ballsbridge, D14 November 2015
Great company to work for, with supportive and understanding management.Office environment is pleasant. Owners are concerned about clients and want the best for them. Wonderfull place to work I have learned a lot.
Pros
ongoing trainings
Cons
short hours
Unsociable hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clare25 May 2016
I enjoy my work as I like working with people.
The hours are very unsociable and i would like to go back working regular hours
My management team are good and so are my co workers.
Pros
working with people
Cons
no milage expenses and unsociable hours
Clients homes
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick11 January 2017
Typical day at work: Its home care going from home to home for 30 mins - an hour.

I have learnt to listen actively when working with clients in there own homes

Management tries hard to get work for their staff although sometimes its not very easy to get jobs for everyone.

We don't meet very often

The hardest part of the job is when there is when failure to build a relationship with the client or the family

The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is enough hours, and when you get on with the client and the family.
Pros
Provide training
Cons
Not enough work hours
Flexible hours. Good support from HomeCare Manager.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tipperary24 October 2017
Client's and Caregivers suitably matched. Good induction given prior to working with client. Good teamwork and support from HomeCare Manager. Travel distance to Client can sometimes be far away for a short working time.
Cons
Uncertain hours
Excellent employer
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 March 2016
As an office administrator with Home Instead I worked across all aspects in the organisation.My duties included reception work, scheduling, call logging, payroll, recruitment and PA work. I was responsible for facility management in the office and an integral part of the admin team.
Slave labour
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Limerick29 August 2016
Felt pressured by office to go into clients for half an hours/ 45 mins work, spent more on fuel than what I would earn. (Office made me feel easily replaceable so I would always oblige in the hope I would be given more hours/ pay) bent over backwards for this company. Had a difficult time working with this one particular branch, awful management, wages nearly always wrong also my qualifications and experience did not reflect my wages. They also hire many unqualified people to fill the void as most sane people would not put up with their nonsense.
Pros
The lovely, interesting, funny, wise elderly people you meet in need of quality care and attention
Cons
The company only care for profit.
Poor management
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare9 August 2016
worked only on casual basis. got sometimes to the client only to discover that there were more carers sent then needed and had to go home again, losing pay and money for travel. over the weekends the office was only on an emergency line which was rarely answered.
other carers were friendly and it was nice to meet many elderly people with different needs.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
unreliable work hours, bad management
Not Impressed with this company.
Careworker (Former Employee) –  Leopardstown9 December 2013
Going to clients, had different clients some weeks but on the whole I had my usual clients every week.
This company taught me very little.
Management were only interested in making sure they got the work covered on paper and not following it up by ensureing the careworkers knew what their rotas were.
Feeling motivated.
Meeting the clients
Enjoyable, challenging and educative
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Dublin West, D4 February 2014
I wake up at 5am daily to make breakfast for my client. I make sure she is washed and dressed before she has her breakfast.

I have learned to be patient with all my employers, clients and working colleagues.

Management very excellent, they keep checking on you to know whether you are ok and if you like what you are doing. They do supervision from time to time and know what is happening at your work place.

Meeting new clients can be challenging because they are all different and so are their needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are chatting with the client and she feels at home around you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K