Home Instead Senior Care

Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Hardest part of the job is trying to deal with dementia patients The most enjoyable part of the job is cheering the elderly upI learned to deal with loosing a patient The workplace is friendly
Pros
Free ppe gear
Cons
Getting good hours
Am still working here. The people in the office is always taking care of the carers. Good place to work though wages r still low but u can manage. The clients r wonderful
Pros
Some holiday leave r been paid
Cons
Hours varys depends on ur availability.
Stressful and poor life/work balance The only people who fair well are the owners as they can stay home and have minions do all the work and earn the cash for them Without doubt there is not an owner who would be able to deliver care to any of the people they are getting rich from Office staff generally helpful and supportive but its obvious that they are taken for granted and over worked.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping people
Cons
No recognition or gratitude shown
clients are euro signs for the company ,they go on about client confidentiality and the supervisor gossips about clients ,cares and management staff in her eyes the manager is a bull dog 🤣🤣 ,interviews are done in lidi car park ,some carers have no experience no fetac level 5 ,no manual handling ,they don't care as long as calls are covered ------
Excellent training and senior management always there for staff at the end of phone or by email. Clients are extremely well respected and looked after.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
When client's have to be admitted to hospital
Having worked for Home Instead for some time, I saw the standards deteriorate as management/office staff turnover increased. I started working in this sector because to do something worthwhile for the elderly. I soon realised it was profit oriented care with few wholesome principles on the part of management .
Having worked here for 9+ years I can safely say it is not a company I would recommend to anyone. Starting out was very good, we were recognizer and rewarded within 18 months then nothing. No increments. Reason for staying is I love older people and my clients are special to me. No other reason for me to stay
Pros
You can decide hours/days can work
Cons
No recognition for carers, or rewards but they have for office, No mileage, No time given between shifts, No increments or senior grades.
Had compliments from all clients, Garda vetting, Fetac level five healthcare support, 2 years experience with good references, stopped getting shifts with no explanation given, see them advertising all the time, I call regularly looking for work but somehow they have none for me.
Pros
Fairly independent work
Cons
Never know when you'll slight management somehow and without so much as a warning get dropped, you have no rights in this line of work, the pay is low for the level of responsibility you're taking on, as well as the risk of injury/illness, there's no sick pay either.
Home Instead Senior Care are a great company to work for. They genuinely care about their client and staff welfare and are very approachable, understanding and respectful.
Homeinstead is a great company to work for, all the staff in the office are very nice to the boss right down to the receptionist lovely lovely people,
I enjoyed my time with the North Cork office. Team were very supportive. Can have tough days but my co workers were very supportive. I would encourage everyone to work with the elderly
Long hours, learning nothing, no real management, no workplace culture. An easy job to do. Very little support and whilst it was satisfying to assist vulnerable people there was no real sense of achievement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Not a good company to work for as no duty of care or loyalty for their present carers .when Homestead were not getting a very small %of package last year and this year they kept employing new carers and their present carers hours were reduced ,some carers might only get 3,4 hours per week.Because of 0 hours Contracts Contracts
A typical work day would start by going to your clients house, getting them up, giving them a wash and getting them dressed. Then get the client comfortable and feed them their breakfast and cook their dinner for later on in the day. And make sure the client is ok for the day while possibly on their own.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Split hours. Driving from one place to the other in a short amount of time
The clients are great but that's the only thing. The office can be impossible to get through to unless they want you to work extra shifts. The rate of pay is too low and there is no pay scale of pay rises at all. No room to work your way up. I spend most of the little money I do earn, paying for petrol to get from one client to the next.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Hours, pay, no progression, no milage
A great family company to work for, challenging workload that I loved, great teamwork aspect to the company, a caring company with many good people working there.
They are good company the assist tou when on site..they give you a person to do a shadowing so you can understand what the job is all about..and they pay is aright
Nasty underhanded place to work. Patients do not always get the care they deserve due to the terrible scheduling that goes on. I was pulled in every direction on a daily basis
Been working for them 3 years now and until 1 year ago and they have gone down hill, pay is horrendous, to much expected when you have no time available, scheduling office dont listen. and I
Pros
Clients
Cons
Pay is poor, scheduling office dont listen
Home Instead at the time I worked with them was collaborative not withstanding that the scheduling was difficult to manage at some point. If you like what you do you can juggle. Staff are rewarded at the end of the year.
Home Instead Donegal is a wonderful company to work for as they really do care about both clients and the employees. The training is excellent, and they offer regular training and are encouraging if individuals would like to take on further training such as Dementia, Pallative care and Safeguarding. All the staff in the office are kind and respectful. I've always felt that since the Home Instead interview that the staff seem very caring towards clients, often going above and beyond what is expected of them. I have made some great friends at Home Instead and out in the community since becoming a qualified Care Giver.