Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 4,655 reviews
Great to work for love my job
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cork14 October 2019
Great to work for ,really happy working with the company very flexible to suits your needs ideal to work with love it,staff are great and clients are lovely
A good place to visit
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castlebar, County Mayo11 October 2019
They are good, loving and caring people who taught and equip their workers, very productive but few job, in other words, they want to work but few work available. It is an interesting place to be.
Good as it gets in a bad industry
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 October 2019
Worked here 2 years. Always looking for more hours. It was a good place but since 7 office staff left and many carers walked away it's going downhill.
Home instead not great to work for
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clonmel, County Tipperary1 October 2019
Home instead can be very hard to work for some of the head staff don't treat the workers well. They also expect you to work alone using a full hoist. .
Client passed away
Hca (Former Employee) –  Galway17 September 2019
No security with working for Homeinstead , client passed away and that was it, no more work or any type of support offered after client passed away , very hurt and disappointed with the office staff at Homeinstead Galway
Good Company overall but uniforms not free and no fuel allowance
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Thurles, County Tipperary6 September 2019
Generally steady hours and are very understanding if you have family issues or emergencies that happen. Wages not great until you have 5yrs + done. Uniforms not free nor is there any money paid towards travelling between clients but overall a good company to work for so far anyway
Great work place
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bray, County Wicklow29 July 2019
Absolutely loved working for home instead really look after there staff/clients and management are great also nothing I'd was ever an issue. I would highly recommend them to work for or for familys to use there services for there loved ones.
Pros
Supporting, caring, great communication, 24hour support services
Don't apply
Carer (Former Employee) –  Donegal26 July 2019
Possibly one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. The owner is full of false promises and lies. Promises full time work when there isn't. Makes you pay money for a course because he says you need the qualifications. €350 later and I still haven't had any work, months waiting for a call. The owner kept promising work each week of the course as he collected the money. Worst experience I have ever had. No professionalism.
A Challenging experience
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 May 2019
It videoed me a great experience in terms of establishing close relations with clients and coworkers.

But the working conditions and the instability were a great challenge.
Flexible and accommodating
I currently work as a Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newbridge, County Kildare8 May 2019
The most enjoyable part of the work is interacting with clients and making a difference in their lives. The work is flexible and can be adapted to your availability. Unfortunately the pay does not reflect the work or using your own vehicle. Change in work terms does not come about easy.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pay fluctuation, no expenses
No advancement
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin16 April 2019
Little opportunity to advance career, only pay rise available is 50cent an hour after you complete two modules that you have to pay over 300euros for. Working with the clients and helping people is great and satisfying. But unfortunately the way the job is set up it is not a good choice of career.
Cons
No advancement
Not a great company to work for.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork26 March 2019
Very bad schedules. I had to drive 10 kilometres to and from my clients house 3 times a day. I worked 80 days in a row before I got a day off. Lies constantly been told from the office, false promises of days off. Phone calls constantly to work more hours even though I had told them I was only available part time. Wages are poor, no travel allowance and no uniforms.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
Unprofessional company
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin20 December 2018
A company that does not pay its staff on day. Wages being paid late, around a month late. And if someone from the staff complains, they will give a fake reference about you, saying bad things about you and just because you reported this wrong behaviour of the company, in which if was a professional place to work, situations like this would not happen.
Pros
nothing
Reliable management and professional training based on your daily activities.
Caregiver for Elderly (Former Employee) –  Dublin, IRELAND2 October 2018
It was a pleasure working with them for over a year. I really felt myself as an important part of the team, as they were always trying to make sure that my safety was guaranteed.
Pros
Higher salary
Cons
Difficult management of schedule
very productive
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford1 June 2018
Caring for the elderly in thier own homes
how to promote there health and well being in their own homes
office staff are great, they link in with you on a daily basis there is always someeone on the the other end of the phone should you need them
the hardest part for me was the traveling to and from clients
being with the elderly in their own homes reeminds me of my own grandmother and putting a smile on their face over a cup of tea and aa chat
Pros
promoting health and well in the communtiy
Cons
a lot of travelling
hard work, fun workplace , very rewarding job
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Killarney, County Kerry29 May 2018
in this job i thrived as i love to help people, this job helped me to understand the hard work and dedication needed for this job as a healthcare assistant , i hope to continue this way for my foreseeable future as my career
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Leixlip, County Kildare23 April 2018
The management of the company was loads of issues. hours was not provided, working very little hours over the years that i had to look into other companies to meet up fuel and other needs.
Pros
Cons
Not at all
Every day is different
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wexford4 April 2018
I enjoy the work as every client that I go to has different needs. The office staff are also easy to approach if I have a problem with a client. As each client has different needs it can be very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am making a difference to a client is being cared for at home rather than having to go into a nursing home.
Carer
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kilcullen, County Kildare7 March 2018
General client care .i.e. showering etc, cleaning house, bedroom cleaning etc. companionship, client activities in general public, Management easy to deal with.
Pros
Cons
no pay rise, no extra hours, no breaks
enjoyable position
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackrock, County Dublin14 February 2018
working for Home Instead these past number of years has been extremely benificial to myself and those i care for. they are a great support to both myself and my clients
Pros
great support
Cons
not enough clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K