Home Instead Senior Care

Home Instead Senior Care Management reviews

Long hours, learning nothing, no real management, no workplace culture. An easy job to do. Very little support and whilst it was satisfying to assist vulnerable people there was no real sense of achievement.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Stressful and poor life/work balance The only people who fair well are the owners as they can stay home and have minions do all the work and earn the cash for them Without doubt there is not an owner who would be able to deliver care to any of the people they are getting rich from Office staff generally helpful and supportive but its obvious that they are taken for granted and over worked.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping people
Cons
No recognition or gratitude shown
clients are euro signs for the company ,they go on about client confidentiality and the supervisor gossips about clients ,cares and management staff in her eyes the manager is a bull dog 🤣🤣 ,interviews are done in lidi car park ,some carers have no experience no fetac level 5 ,no manual handling ,they don't care as long as calls are covered ------
Excellent training and senior management always there for staff at the end of phone or by email. Clients are extremely well respected and looked after.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
When client's have to be admitted to hospital
Having worked for Home Instead for some time, I saw the standards deteriorate as management/office staff turnover increased. I started working in this sector because to do something worthwhile for the elderly. I soon realised it was profit oriented care with few wholesome principles on the part of management .
Had compliments from all clients, Garda vetting, Fetac level five healthcare support, 2 years experience with good references, stopped getting shifts with no explanation given, see them advertising all the time, I call regularly looking for work but somehow they have none for me.
Pros
Fairly independent work
Cons
Never know when you'll slight management somehow and without so much as a warning get dropped, you have no rights in this line of work, the pay is low for the level of responsibility you're taking on, as well as the risk of injury/illness, there's no sick pay either.
Nasty underhanded place to work. Patients do not always get the care they deserve due to the terrible scheduling that goes on. I was pulled in every direction on a daily basis
Home Instead Senior Care is a lovely company to work with. Management are always at the end of the phone and always willing to help. Very flexible working hours.. I love working for this company and the clients are a bonus.
Absolutely loved working for home instead really look after there staff/clients and management are great also nothing I'd was ever an issue. I would highly recommend them to work for or for familys to use there services for there loved ones.
Pros
Supporting, caring, great communication, 24hour support services
It was a pleasure working with them for over a year. I really felt myself as an important part of the team, as they were always trying to make sure that my safety was guaranteed.
Pros
Higher salary
Cons
Difficult management of schedule
The management of the company was loads of issues. hours was not provided, working very little hours over the years that i had to look into other companies to meet up fuel and other needs.
Pros
Cons
Not at all
General client care .i.e. showering etc, cleaning house, bedroom cleaning etc. companionship, client activities in general public, Management easy to deal with.
Pros
Cons
no pay rise, no extra hours, no breaks
Home instead are very good to work for...have plenty of work..value there staff...Irish company..run courses all the time...pay welll...very well organised...great management...check in on there staff all the time...
Pros
Run courses all the time
Cons
Don't pay diesel...have a lit driving to do...
Very poor experience. Management have established favourites within company who receive the most hours work and favorable hours to work. Not approachable and bad atmosphere within office.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Typical day at work: Its home care going from home to home for 30 mins - an hour. I have learnt to listen actively when working with clients in there own homes Management tries hard to get work for their staff although sometimes its not very easy to get jobs for everyone. We don't meet very often The hardest part of the job is when there is when failure to build a relationship with the client or the family The most enjoyable part of the job is when there is enough hours, and when you get on with the client and the family.
Pros
Provide training
Cons
Not enough work hours
Felt pressured by office to go into clients for half an hours/ 45 mins work, spent more on fuel than what I would earn. (Office made me feel easily replaceable so I would always oblige in the hope I would be given more hours/ pay) bent over backwards for this company. Had a difficult time working with this one particular branch, awful management, wages nearly always wrong also my qualifications and experience did not reflect my wages. They also hire many unqualified people to fill the void as most sane people would not put up with their nonsense.
Pros
The lovely, interesting, funny, wise elderly people you meet in need of quality care and attention
Cons
The company only care for profit.
worked only on casual basis. got sometimes to the client only to discover that there were more carers sent then needed and had to go home again, losing pay and money for travel. over the weekends the office was only on an emergency line which was rarely answered. other carers were friendly and it was nice to meet many elderly people with different needs.
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
unreliable work hours, bad management
I enjoy my work as I like working with people. The hours are very unsociable and i would like to go back working regular hours My management team are good and so are my co workers.
Pros
working with people
Cons
no milage expenses and unsociable hours
I would arrive for working day at 9am I learned data entry by typing in the employees billing hours from their working schedule. the management were very approachable and were very specific of what task they would want completed. the hardest part of the job was looking for employees to fill a house visit to one of our senior citizens and the most enjoyable part was when I got a week schedule of house calls completed and got signed off on the system.
Pros
would get a lift home from my co-workers
Cons
induction workshop training days.
As an office administrator with Home Instead I worked across all aspects in the organisation.My duties included reception work, scheduling, call logging, payroll, recruitment and PA work. I was responsible for facility management in the office and an integral part of the admin team.
Great company to work for, with supportive and understanding management.Office environment is pleasant. Owners are concerned about clients and want the best for them. Wonderfull place to work I have learned a lot.
Pros
ongoing trainings
Cons
short hours