Home Instead logo

Home Instead Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Found 96 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,321 reviews

Amazing work, poor management

The job itself is thoroughly enjoyable and fulfilling. You'll meet interesting people and hear their stories. I really love the job for that reason. The problem lies with management. My scheduling manager didn't seem to write down anything that I said to her. I would be scheduled for calls far too far away from me without any notice or have my regular calls removed from my schedule. It's a zero hour contract so you're never guaranteed work. After returning to college and only working part time, my hours were cut more and more until I had no choice but to seek employment elsewhere. Other carers seem to have had a similar experience. It's definitely not a bad job if you have a bike or car. Just wish the hours were better.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No guaranteed hours

Official response from Home Instead

29 December 2020
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with this office.

Nice company

The manager eas politely , anda the staffs are friendly

supportive management team

Working at Homeinstead was exciting, challenging in a positive way, job satisfaction, due to helping others, and very positive team work with an excellent managing director, who was always on hand to support and empower you.

Pros

Support, company car, laptop, mobile phone, bonuses

Cons

sometimes unsociable hours

Poor pay.. No fuel to cover long mileages. Less pay for night shifts

If your not prepared to take any or all available shifts no matter how ridiculous be prepared to be side lined. Better pay out there. Expect to be called for an overall 3 hr journey for an hrs work a week

Pros

A selection box for Christmas

Cons

Poor pay less pay for night shifts

No work

Without any warning I haven’t been given any shifts for 3 months, and even when I did have shifts I was working only 2 days in 2 weeks. I moved to a different office but still no shifts.

Pros

Non

Cons

Not enough shifts

Exciting place to work

There is never a dull day working in homecare and that's what makes the job so exciting, challenging and rewarding. An excellent impression from my first interview to currently, this includes Senior Management and all office staff and caregivers. If you want to progress and grow then this is the company for you.

Great

Great job met some great clients, office staff in Waterford are extremely helpful and friendly. Only con is not guaranteed hours but it’s a given with the nature of the job. Could not fault working with this company.

Pros

Great clients

Cons

Hours are never guaranteed

Productive and fun place to work

Am still working here. The people in the office is always taking care of the carers. Good place to work though wages r still low but u can manage. The clients r wonderful

Pros

Some holiday leave r been paid

Cons

Hours varys depends on ur availability.

Very Stressful Job

Stressful and poor life/work balance The only people who fair well are the owners as they can stay home and have minions do all the work and earn the cash for them Without doubt there is not an owner who would be able to deliver care to any of the people they are getting rich from Office staff generally helpful and supportive but its obvious that they are taken for granted and over worked.

Pros

Satisfaction of helping people

Cons

No recognition or gratitude shown

Hardest part of the job is trying to deal with dementia patients The most enjoyable part of the job is cheering the elderly upI learned to deal with loosing a patient The workplace is friendly

Pros

Free ppe gear

Cons

Getting good hours

Jobs at Home Instead

See more jobs

Horrible company to work for ,all about money

clients are euro signs for the company ,they go on about client confidentiality and the supervisor gossips about clients ,cares and management staff in her eyes the manager is a bull dog 🤣🤣 ,interviews are done in lidi car park ,some carers have no experience no fetac level 5 ,no manual handling ,they don't care as long as calls are covered ------

Management and Staff extremely professional and caring

Excellent training and senior management always there for staff at the end of phone or by email. Clients are extremely well respected and looked after.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

When client's have to be admitted to hospital

Excellent Company looks after staff

Friendly professional caring company with great Care staff.Training is really excellent, mix of online and and face to face.All covid precautions in place and a very safe place to work.

Very badly managed and Carers are almost bullied despite doing a very worthwhile job in caring for senior clients

Having worked for Home Instead for some time, I saw the standards deteriorate as management/office staff turnover increased. I started working in this sector because to do something worthwhile for the elderly. I soon realised it was profit oriented care with few wholesome principles on the part of management .

work life

Excellent place to work. Job and personal life balance is perfect. Recommend it to all. Lots of scope to learn. Great platform for both freshers and experienced people.

Pros

flexible working hours

Badly paid and No encouragement or recognition

Having worked here for 9+ years I can safely say it is not a company I would recommend to anyone. Starting out was very good, we were recognizer and rewarded within 18 months then nothing. No increments. Reason for staying is I love older people and my clients are special to me. No other reason for me to stay

Pros

You can decide hours/days can work

Cons

No recognition for carers, or rewards but they have for office, No mileage, No time given between shifts, No increments or senior grades.

Dropped no explanation

Had compliments from all clients, Garda vetting, Fetac level five healthcare support, 2 years experience with good references, stopped getting shifts with no explanation given, see them advertising all the time, I call regularly looking for work but somehow they have none for me.

Pros

Fairly independent work

Cons

Never know when you'll slight management somehow and without so much as a warning get dropped, you have no rights in this line of work, the pay is low for the level of responsibility you're taking on, as well as the risk of injury/illness, there's no sick pay either.

Supportive and fun place to work

very supportive team. Very team orientated culture. everyone reaches for the same goal and supports each other in achieving personal goals. Lovely work/life balance

Great company to work for

Home Instead Senior Care are a great company to work for. They genuinely care about their client and staff welfare and are very approachable, understanding and respectful.

I loved working with homeinstead

Homeinstead is a great company to work for, all the staff in the office are very nice to the boss right down to the receptionist lovely lovely people,

Very fullfilling

I enjoyed my time with the North Cork office. Team were very supportive. Can have tough days but my co workers were very supportive. I would encourage everyone to work with the elderly
  • Home Instead