Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

Ireland131 reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,426 reviews

good company to learn

I have learnt a lot, there are good staffs.The pay rate was not very good, and sometimes I didn't have any clients. The hardest part of the job was going from house to house when it was raining and very cold, but that's part of the job.

20 September 2022
Thank you for your review, we will take your points onboard for the future. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss further.

Great company to work with.

Very helpful team leaders and management. Great communication and always listened to. Great opportunities for further training. Emergency number always available even after 9 to 5 hours which include night time and weekends if needed.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

No cons

Steer clear

Monaghan office staff are absolutely appalling, from the top to bottom. 100% Money driven not client driven, no empathy or continuity of care towards clients different carers every day very few set client to carer. Office treats staff on the groud and also in the office like dirt high office staff turnover. On the ground staff with full availability but not taking packages from HSE all other agencies are full to capacity hiring all the time and alot of us have followed them. Terrible millege allowance, actually disgraful but still expected to drive for miles. Only take on Home Instead if you want a part time hobby because office will not build you up to what you need to survive. Steer clear.

18 October 2022
Hi, we are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If you would like to discuss further, please send an email to info@homeinstead.ie and we would be happy to speak to you and see how we can improve in future.

Professional

I can't recommend Home Instead enough. In my opinion they give equal importance to their Caregivers & their Clients. Professional,helpful & understanding

Under staffed

Under staffed and left on ur own doing work 2 people should be doing . no time for travel between clients so u are left rushing around trying to get all ur work dome on time . and the clients can see that's .

Pros

Carers are all lovely

Cons

Crazy hours no time to drive from one place to another

20 September 2022
Hi, we are sorry to hear this. Please get in touch with us on info@homeinstead.ie if you would like to discuss further.

Big Money Making Business. Felt Like Being Used.

Pretty easy to join with little training but very stressful job. Clients are generally lovely but some can be difficult and demanding (grumpy even) but you're expected to suck it up as you're on your own and don't complain in fear of retribution. Low pay (not enough to cover basic living expenses), little to no recognition from the company for your hard work/troubles, the office only focus on getting schedule filled out. Definitely not a long-term job but suits if you're a desperate student. HR very protective of company's image and reputation rather than taking care of employee's welfare. You are paid less than half of what the company is getting from the HSE. Figure that yourself. I quit not long after. To us, it's not personal, it's money.

20 September 2022
Hi, we are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. We would love an opportunity to discuss this with you if you would like to contact us on info@homeinstead.ie we can arrange a call.

Good company to work with and get to meet some lovely co workers and clients

Sometimes the position and dynamics of caregover can be challenging, overall a good company to work for and friendly and supportable office staff and good training opportunities.

20 September 2022
Hi, thank you for your review. We are delighted to see that overall you are happy with us here at Home Instead.

Stressful

I love my clients and I feel very comfortable with them, however it's a stressful job because they are always short of staff and we have to make crazy hours to cover them.

I love what I do and I love home instead Mayo

I love home instead care Mayo, I’m happy to work with them and I have given lots of my friends to apply in the company , I have relocated from mayo, Im happy to get transfer to home instead Galway. I hope they will nice as Mayo 😀

Not a confidient inviroment working for Killarney Homeinstead

Very weak company in killarney, no travel expenses to & from company clients. Expected to work half hour shifts, with no travel exp, no job promotion offered after working with the company, only this year were staff given a voucher for 10 years or more service. Nothing given for working through lockdown in hospitals and front line. Overall the killarney branch not looking after its out of office staff

Pros

Choose when to work

Cons

No transparincy within company, not informed of vacant positions within the company

No proper training

I wasnt trained and was expected to use a Hoist I was not paid travel expenses and had to drove miles to clients home. While clients were nice I wasnt able to do it all on my own.

Not what it says on the tin....... at all

Typical day is you do your job and go home, unfortunately sometimes your work will come home with you, more on that later.This is sales, that's all it is, only they are selling the welfare of human beings. Management is reactive and at times, quite unprofessional. If there is any issue, management sit on it for weeks or months until it suits them to deal with it. The priority for this business is to retain caregivers due to the massive turnover of care-giving staff. Their priority is not their clients (whom it very much should be) At interview management communicated as such.Some HR procedures are not followed or adhered to. Sometimes the belief , from management, is that Home instead policies supersede actual employment legislation....Unfortunately for home instead, this is of course,not the case.

Cons

management

Environment very stressful - no procedures in place for HR - no privacy and poor staff facilities

Need to improve the office and staff facilities. No meeting room, training room or interview room.lots of old furniture and fittings. No storage space for files or equipment

Appalling Company

Appalling Company, absolutely no regard for staff. Offered a full time position and got approx 6 hrs a week. Poor communication and guidance, very little interaction apart from schedule app. Got into financial difficulty by working there! Only for my ex husband helped my kids would have suffered too.

Pros

Cons

Not reliable

Worst Company Ever. Stay Away

I have to travel far distances to get in between clients. Emailed HR to ask if they could accommodate but NEVER once replied to any of my emails unless it's for their own benefit (filling in schedules). Little contact with the office or colleagues makes you feel isolated and on your own. The pay is not enough to cover living expenses and the loss of hours earning in between clients. Not a good place to work for your physical and mental well-being.

Not worth it.

Only got 3 hours a week even though I said I was available full time. Colleagues on double up calls kept changing the time to suit themselves. Definitely would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

Too little hours, colleagues

Great place to work would like to have been full time contract

Enjoyed working with them interact well with staff would have liked full time contract and guaranteed full working week also would have like travel allowance bonus and a savings scheme but overall enjoyed my time with the company

Amazing friendship between all agents and manager for good moods of day or night work

As my level and my fluency french speaking it an opportunity for me to manage my job and be kind and enthusiasm for my daily life plus good service to client. I find a key to be more creative for companionship.

Pros

Not

Cons

Depend

To Us it's not personal, it's Money!

From day one this company has NEVER checked to see if I'm doing a good job, it seems only interested in if I'm doing the hours allotted! Care irrelevant, just clock in and clock out on time.. You will get loads of bull about how much they "value" your effort, but then you will get treated like a pawn in their money making (don't) "CARE" plan. Don't dream of getting sick while working for them, you'll then find out how personal you are to them!

22 March 2022
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 888-484-5759. Thank you.

Split shifts, little regard for employees’ personal lives

Most days you could be working from 8am to 10pm. You were often thrown into situations of caring for someone with severe illness, without being given enough training and information. The management are lovely, kind and approachable, but the training system needs to be improved, and the scheduling of shifts to ensure employees are not working and travelling all throughout the day.

Pros

Kind and approachable management; rewarding job

Cons

Long hours; split shifts; half-hour calls

Good support and easy to talk to

Good company to work for .can come to them if there is any problems and they will sort it out very friendly atmosphere .Good for sorting out cover for you if you need it

Pros

Good support back up

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Home Instead with

• Home Instead
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?