Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

Ireland115 reviews

Found 115 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,961 reviews

Good place to work to start off in industry

They give good trainig in-house courses that is mostly online and you have to complete two modules through a preferred online collage that you get discounted price on. They do give good support and help you where they can.

No proper training

I wasnt trained and was expected to use a Hoist I was not paid travel expenses and had to drove miles to clients home. While clients were nice I wasnt able to do it all on my own.

Appalling Company

Appalling Company, absolutely no regard for staff. Offered a full time position and got approx 6 hrs a week. Poor communication and guidance, very little interaction apart from schedule app. Got into financial difficulty by working there! Only for my ex husband helped my kids would have suffered too.

Pros

Cons

Not reliable

Worst Company Ever. Stay Away

I have to travel far distances to get in between clients. Emailed HR to ask if they could accommodate but NEVER once replied to any of my emails unless it's for their own benefit (filling in schedules). Little contact with the office or colleagues makes you feel isolated and on your own. The pay is not enough to cover living expenses and the loss of hours earning in between clients. Not a good place to work for your physical and mental well-being.

Not worth it.

Only got 3 hours a week even though I said I was available full time. Colleagues on double up calls kept changing the time to suit themselves. Definitely would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

Too little hours, colleagues

Great place to work would like to have been full time contract

Enjoyed working with them interact well with staff would have liked full time contract and guaranteed full working week also would have like travel allowance bonus and a savings scheme but overall enjoyed my time with the company

Split shifts, little regard for employees’ personal lives

Most days you could be working from 8am to 10pm. You were often thrown into situations of caring for someone with severe illness, without being given enough training and information. The management are lovely, kind and approachable, but the training system needs to be improved, and the scheduling of shifts to ensure employees are not working and travelling all throughout the day.

Pros

Kind and approachable management; rewarding job

Cons

Long hours; split shifts; half-hour calls

Good support and easy to talk to

Good company to work for .can come to them if there is any problems and they will sort it out very friendly atmosphere .Good for sorting out cover for you if you need it

Pros

Good support back up

It's a rewarding job.

It's a good job. The staff is helpul. If you have problems with your schedule they help you.The families are supportive. The task are simple.Depend on your schedule, weekends are busy times and can be a little stressful.

Pros

Flexible hours, families and support on call

Cons

Could be a problem the time travel but if you talk with the área they fix it.

Stay away

Do not work for this company unless you want to spend your life on the road with bad pay and constant calls asking you to cover extra and staff in office getting cross if you refuse

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Absolute terrible place to work for. Hours not guaranteed

Absolute terrible place to work for, management have no loyalty to ongoing workers and shifts taken from you with no notice. You could be scheduled for 40 hours and actually do 10. Nightmare of a company

Pros

Clients

Cons

No guarantee hours

They were using us

Please please do not apply to this company, they need to complete the daily calls that’s it, and they are not caring us as their employee.They will give you long distance calls and won’t give you mileage. Yes some of the care managers are good but some are not. If you are completed level 5 fetac, you have to go to clients house and do household chores and they are looking people for that it’s not a caregiver job it’s a house maid job.

Official response from Home Instead

10 January 2022
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 888-484-5759. Thank you.

Good working environments

Great place to work good management, work mates, and clients. work on your own and as a team. Good working conditions. You work days that suits you.

Fellow carers are really lovely

Schedules to suit your availability, however you might be asked to cover shifts outside availability but theres no problem if you cant do it. The office are always there to help I couldn't say a bad thing about them. However sometimes you get switched from regular clients for no real reason and put somewhere else.Overall I enjoy working with home instead and have met alot of lovely people - staff and clients.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Mileage not paid.

Difficult role

Home Instead don't offer any benefits. 20 days annual leave with no process in place to gain extra even with service length. No remote working in place. Can be difficult due to high workloads and generally working under lots of pressure for poor salary. Management tend to be unsupportive to staff. There is little to no opportunity of progression.

Cons

Salary and no benefits

I did not have a good experience.

Promised around 20 hours but was scheduled for two hours a week. Was promised clients in the local area and was given only 1 client 30 minutes away. Made no money due to having to pay for fuel myself. Quit after a very short time.

Pros

It was a pleasure working with my client.

Cons

No fuel or travel allowance. Long distance to travel. Little to no hours.

Lovely people

Lovely company to work forGreat support from other staff office staff are very helpful And supportive.plenty of hours available and placed with lovely clients

Pros

Great support

Cons

Can be lpng hours

Rewarding working with the elderly.

Home instead is a good company to work for. Good with the staff and assisting you with training. Biggest concern is the Salary which isn’t great. €11 per hour, considering the type of work, long hours and your travel expenses are not covered by the company. If this was reworked it would encourage more to get into this industry. I loved working with the elderly as I love helping people and made many friendships which I will always treasure.

Pros

Chance to help others

Cons

Long hours and nights and weekends

Below average

Other carers are great and supportive but they don't get paid for mileage!A meagre 7.50euro for 30 minute calls even though it could cost you that in petrol! Very little staff at the minute so between calls and rushing from one house to the next, you end up answering the phone to a call from head office looking for you to do more shifts and more hours. It's bonkers!11euro for an hours work. It's disgusting

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Meagre wages, long hours.

Inconsistency

Lots of promises made about the work, promised shifts but didn't get them. Sometimes had hours spread far apart, - could have a thirteen ohour day but yet only three hours work

Pros

Lots of free time during the day

Cons

Inconsistant work, somedays very little work available

Official response from Home Instead

13 July 2021

Nice company

The manager eas politely , anda the staffs are friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement