Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

Ireland125 reviews

Found 125 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,154 reviews

Good company to work with and get to meet some lovely co workers and clients

Sometimes the position and dynamics of caregover can be challenging, overall a good company to work for and friendly and supportable office staff and good training opportunities.

Unhealthy

The managing director needs to do a course on how to manage. As office staff, it really does affect your morale to watch perfectly good colleagues quit in floods of tears due to a micromanaging boss. Dont go there.

Stressful

I love my clients and I feel very comfortable with them, however it's a stressful job because they are always short of staff and we have to make crazy hours to cover them.

Not a confidient inviroment working for Killarney Homeinstead

Very weak company in killarney, no travel expenses to & from company clients. Expected to work half hour shifts, with no travel exp, no job promotion offered after working with the company, only this year were staff given a voucher for 10 years or more service. Nothing given for working through lockdown in hospitals and front line. Overall the killarney branch not looking after its out of office staff

Pros

Choose when to work

Cons

No transparincy within company, not informed of vacant positions within the company

No proper training

I wasnt trained and was expected to use a Hoist I was not paid travel expenses and had to drove miles to clients home. While clients were nice I wasnt able to do it all on my own.

Not what it says on the tin....... at all

Typical day is you do your job and go home, unfortunately sometimes your work will come home with you, more on that later.This is sales, that's all it is, only they are selling the welfare of human beings. Management is reactive and at times, quite unprofessional. If there is any issue, management sit on it for weeks or months until it suits them to deal with it. The priority for this business is to retain caregivers due to the massive turnover of care-giving staff. Their priority is not their clients (whom it very much should be) At interview management communicated as such.Some HR procedures are not followed or adhered to. Sometimes the belief , from management, is that Home instead policies supersede actual employment legislation....Unfortunately for home instead, this is of course,not the case.

Cons

management

Environment very stressful - no procedures in place for HR - no privacy and poor staff facilities

Need to improve the office and staff facilities. No meeting room, training room or interview room.lots of old furniture and fittings. No storage space for files or equipment

Appalling Company

Appalling Company, absolutely no regard for staff. Offered a full time position and got approx 6 hrs a week. Poor communication and guidance, very little interaction apart from schedule app. Got into financial difficulty by working there! Only for my ex husband helped my kids would have suffered too.

Pros

Cons

Not reliable

Worst Company Ever. Stay Away

I have to travel far distances to get in between clients. Emailed HR to ask if they could accommodate but NEVER once replied to any of my emails unless it's for their own benefit (filling in schedules). Little contact with the office or colleagues makes you feel isolated and on your own. The pay is not enough to cover living expenses and the loss of hours earning in between clients. Not a good place to work for your physical and mental well-being.

Not worth it.

Only got 3 hours a week even though I said I was available full time. Colleagues on double up calls kept changing the time to suit themselves. Definitely would not recommend.

Pros

Cons

Too little hours, colleagues

Great place to work would like to have been full time contract

Enjoyed working with them interact well with staff would have liked full time contract and guaranteed full working week also would have like travel allowance bonus and a savings scheme but overall enjoyed my time with the company

Amazing friendship between all agents and manager for good moods of day or night work

As my level and my fluency french speaking it an opportunity for me to manage my job and be kind and enthusiasm for my daily life plus good service to client. I find a key to be more creative for companionship.

Pros

Not

Cons

Depend

To Us it's not personal, it's Money!

From day one this company has NEVER checked to see if I'm doing a good job, it seems only interested in if I'm doing the hours allotted! Care irrelevant, just clock in and clock out on time.. You will get loads of bull about how much they "value" your effort, but then you will get treated like a pawn in their money making (don't) "CARE" plan. Don't dream of getting sick while working for them, you'll then find out how personal you are to them!

Official response from Home Instead

22 March 2022
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 888-484-5759. Thank you.

Split shifts, little regard for employees’ personal lives

Most days you could be working from 8am to 10pm. You were often thrown into situations of caring for someone with severe illness, without being given enough training and information. The management are lovely, kind and approachable, but the training system needs to be improved, and the scheduling of shifts to ensure employees are not working and travelling all throughout the day.

Pros

Kind and approachable management; rewarding job

Cons

Long hours; split shifts; half-hour calls

Good support and easy to talk to

Good company to work for .can come to them if there is any problems and they will sort it out very friendly atmosphere .Good for sorting out cover for you if you need it

Pros

Good support back up

Cons

Good place to work to start off in industry

They give good trainig in-house courses that is mostly online and you have to complete two modules through a preferred online collage that you get discounted price on. They do give good support and help you where they can.

It's a rewarding job.

It's a good job. The staff is helpul. If you have problems with your schedule they help you.The families are supportive. The task are simple.Depend on your schedule, weekends are busy times and can be a little stressful.

Pros

Flexible hours, families and support on call

Cons

Could be a problem the time travel but if you talk with the área they fix it.

Stay away

Do not work for this company unless you want to spend your life on the road with bad pay and constant calls asking you to cover extra and staff in office getting cross if you refuse

Pros

Cons

Long hours low pay

Waste of time and money.

Very low pay rates. Night shifts and early morning hours, holidays and Sundays underpaid, long distance between clients. Not enough work hours. They say different things in the interview, they offer fixed hours in the contract but in reality you cannot be sure how many hours you will work each week. Often it's not enough to pay the rent.

Pros

Cons

bad management, low pay rates, not enough work hours

Absolute terrible place to work for. Hours not guaranteed

Absolute terrible place to work for, management have no loyalty to ongoing workers and shifts taken from you with no notice. You could be scheduled for 40 hours and actually do 10. Nightmare of a company

Pros

Clients

Cons

No guarantee hours

They were using us

Please please do not apply to this company, they need to complete the daily calls that’s it, and they are not caring us as their employee.They will give you long distance calls and won’t give you mileage. Yes some of the care managers are good but some are not. If you are completed level 5 fetac, you have to go to clients house and do household chores and they are looking people for that it’s not a caregiver job it’s a house maid job.

Official response from Home Instead

10 January 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement