home store + more

home store + more Employee Reviews

Ireland11 reviews

Poor management

The company do not help to progress into more senior roles. Full of false promises. Operate on ridiculous trial runs. Sometimes you could be waiting years for a promotion despite hard work and effort.

Standard

Enjoyed working here part time to get through college. Staff were all friendly and everyone helped each other. Pay was minimum but it was only as a side job while in college

loved it

great pay nice people fast paced how i like would not reccomend to people who don’t like busy shops. i personally loved it. Very good managers. All workers help you out when starting aswell.

Easy work and life balance

Easy to get time off management where always approachable. When first started all staff where very friendly and helpful. There was always extra hours to be given when you asked and showed interest.

Toxic and excluding workplace

I worked in the Swords branch and it was a toxic environment. The current store manager looks down on everyone and makes snide remarks to staff. They make you feel incapable of doing your job. The long shifts prevent you from having any work life balance as they open until 9pm nearly every day of the week. It was the worst retail store I have ever worked in.

Stressful

If only working there part time then it's fine, not much is expected even though it should be. Staff there for a while expected then to pick up any slack. Anonymous reviews of management are not Anonymous and brought up in front of people. Bad practice.

Pros

Christmas bonus

Poor Management and HR

Worked there for 3 years with promises of advancement within the shop/company and nothing to show for it. Poor communication throughout and MAJOR lack of management, and when there was some she was a genuine bully. No respect of staff from not only management but Head Office rules which was made more apparent with Covid. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Just becomes more toxic the longer your there and takes a major toll on mental health!

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, poor management, no respect, no job advancement

Great Management

Great company for promoting from within the company for more senior roles. Lots of training available for all colleagues who would like to progress (most members of the management would be colleagues who started as floor staff). Great work environment and we're definitely not FORCED to stop shop lifters but we do try and stop them if we can. Great place to work all round, fair hours, fair work and fair pay. I am currently working in homestore and have been for many years like most of us there 😁

Pros

Staff training available to all throughout the year

Cons

Can be long days but not that aften

Poor management

Poor management who constantly insist there right even when their not, unfair balance of work as you could be cleaning 6 sections while the other person who's good friends with the manager stands and chats. Slowly became a more toxic Enviroment throughout the number of years I worked there. Your forced to stop shop lifters even though its not in your contract, barely able to give contracted hours and sometimes don't. Can cut hours after routine with no notice to force you put of the company. Avoid homestore and more at all costs, you'll either be forced to stand on the door in the freezing cold or be made fit 6 hours work in to four

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Long hours, unfair management and wage, too much workload and no reasoning with managers

Productive and fun place

Very friendly staff Learned managing my time efficiently Had a good experience in how to deal with customer complaints Learned how to communicate efficiently

Pros

Friendly staff

the workplace is enjoible

The workplace is enjoyable, depends on the part you work on. I enjoy the kitchen section The team is friendly and helpful, except some people. It is a busy shop every day , Saturday and Sunday are the busiest.

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at home store + more. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • home store + more
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?