home store + more

home store + more Management reviews

Ireland12 reviews

Clear

Fun work place

Great management and overall fun place to work. Can get stressful at times due to lack of staff but never anything too strenuous. Good starting wage compared to other retail companies.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Easy work and life balance

Easy to get time off management where always approachable. When first started all staff where very friendly and helpful. There was always extra hours to be given when you asked and showed interest.

Stressful

If only working there part time then it's fine, not much is expected even though it should be. Staff there for a while expected then to pick up any slack. Anonymous reviews of management are not Anonymous and brought up in front of people. Bad practice.

Pros

Christmas bonus

Poor Management and HR

Worked there for 3 years with promises of advancement within the shop/company and nothing to show for it. Poor communication throughout and MAJOR lack of management, and when there was some she was a genuine bully. No respect of staff from not only management but Head Office rules which was made more apparent with Covid. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Just becomes more toxic the longer your there and takes a major toll on mental health!

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, poor management, no respect, no job advancement

Great Management

Great company for promoting from within the company for more senior roles. Lots of training available for all colleagues who would like to progress (most members of the management would be colleagues who started as floor staff). Great work environment and we're definitely not FORCED to stop shop lifters but we do try and stop them if we can. Great place to work all round, fair hours, fair work and fair pay. I am currently working in homestore and have been for many years like most of us there 😁

Pros

Staff training available to all throughout the year

Cons

Can be long days but not that aften

Poor management

Poor management who constantly insist there right even when their not, unfair balance of work as you could be cleaning 6 sections while the other person who's good friends with the manager stands and chats. Slowly became a more toxic Enviroment throughout the number of years I worked there. Your forced to stop shop lifters even though its not in your contract, barely able to give contracted hours and sometimes don't. Can cut hours after routine with no notice to force you put of the company. Avoid homestore and more at all costs, you'll either be forced to stand on the door in the freezing cold or be made fit 6 hours work in to four

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Long hours, unfair management and wage, too much workload and no reasoning with managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at home store + more. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • home store + more
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?