Homecare Independent Living

Homecare Independent Living Employee Reviews

Ireland15 reviews
fun
good but long hours but few hours paid travelling not paid high risk sometimes going to someone we don't know I dont like to wait for whole day but for only few hours and few hours in other resident house sometime get a call for 1hour then no work for 5 hours then again 2 hours so you are fully engage and miss family
Homecare independent living
very stress full did not find the support when I needed it did not care if you only get a hour day and your on a full time contract very disappointing place to work for and the manager and community support did not care about there staff they say they dont have the hours but really managers and community leaders take all the calls as there pay to do calls on top of there salary
It's Home care. Only good thing is the beautiful clients
Carer job is the lowest paying job and one of the most physically and emotionally stressful jobs. That said, this company has more shifts than most, provides a vehicle at a cost if you want, no mileage paid, ridiculous office support, nice and bullying colleagues, client focused, paid a little more with experience, opportunity to become team leader is very good. Allowed to be your own manager in your work, using initiative and can do attitude. Loved my clients.
Pros
Travel distances between calls are reasonable, better pay than average
Cons
Hours fade to nothing after a year of work.
Working with HCIL
HCIL is a family owned company who pride themselves on providing care to vulnerable people in our local areas.

They have a good team of staff who pride themselves on delivering a high quality service.

I would recommend working for HCIL.
Pros
Christmas Vouchers, Recommend a Friend Payments
Great company
Love working for this company.Great support from community managers.Great team spirit.Always ready to work with you and provide training.Do there best to fill your contract hours.
Pros
Works with you on maintaining a healthy work and family balance
Cons
No allowance for fuel
great company
This is a very good company to work for.management are excellent.i worked for another company. They were useless. They care about you and your clients.management very supportive. Only negative is hours can vary.
Pros
good support
Cons
hours can be long. hours vary
Love being a carer could not see myself in any other occupation its so rewarding looking after the clients
I have worked with the company since january 18 have my hours now built up wages could be a bit better as you use a lot of fuel driving from place to place also the wear and tear of your car also i think it would be better if we were paid every two weeks management very fair always on the end of the phone to help out getting some calls for cover work but all in all they are a good company to work for
Great company to work for
I really enjoy working for hcil, as a mother to 4 young kids and also caring for my husband i work part time for hcil in the dublin area. I can honestly say i enjoy going to work and working with elderly people is so rewarding. Never 2 days the same and nothing i can complain about . Staff and management are so friendly and helpful also. I have never had any problems and th managers are extremely helpful when it comes to my roster as i need certain days off for hospital appointments etc
Pros
Caring for people in need, rewarding job and good wages
Great place to work.
Staff are very friendly and great fun. Management very helpful, give you as many hours as you want. Hours to suit around kids etc. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Friendly staff, good pay.
flexible,supportive and fun
Excellent place to work, great communication , supportive , flexible rotas, excellent carer incentives and friendly team work place.
Highly Recommended.
Pros
team enviorment, supportive, excellent communication
Great Place to Work
I work here as a care assistant. In what is a very difficult sector to work in Homecare definitely go above and beyond other providers to support their staff and make them feel valued. Wages could be better but seem similar to other places.
Pros
Job satisfaction looking after lovely people, great training
Cons
long working hours
not a good place to work
Not enough pay for all the driving and work very insufficient pay for all the driving around only 10 euro per hour just isn't enough you would nearly have to pay that for the petrol to where they send you to work 😒
Enjoyed dealing with clients
Not much hours at the moment. Basically, enjoyed working with elderly clients.
Great company to work for
Homecare Independent Living was a great company to work for,I really loved working for them.management and co workers where always helpful.My only problem was the lack of hours and no travel expenses,The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you made a difference in someones life.I always treat people the same way i would like myself or my family to be treated..... with respect, that's one thing that i have learned working as a carer, treat all clients with respect.
Pros
the independence to work as a team or alone
Cons
not enough hours