HomeSavers

HomeSavers Employee Reviews

Ireland17 reviews
Unprofessional environment to work in, no standard procedures, policies or basic social etiquette. The work can be quite physical and tiring, moving lots of heavy stock and shelves etc. so you need to be relatively fit. Wouldn't suit someone with a bad back or knees etc. Minimum wage 10.10 for sales assistants - if you are under 20 they will pay the minimum allowed i.e. 7.07 for 18 year olds. Supervisors only on 10.50 a few cents more than the sales assistants and have so much responsibility and not treated well. Some management/supervisors are lovely people, however many members of middle/higher management are rude, unapproachable and not good to their staff. The company pretends to value providing good customer service, however in practice it's all about sales and getting as much stock on the floor and keeping shelves looking as "full" as possible. During busy times working on the tills can be stressful - if you are experienced in this area it is fine but if it's your first job it can be nerve wracking and management are not very supportive.

The company itself cuts corners - you have to raise complaints to get the correct basic entitlements such as bank holiday pay/annual leave/minimum wage increases owed. Payroll located in India so issues take a while to be sorted. Always check payslips and be aware of what you are entitled to in terms of minimum wage, holidays etc. - the company do not care. Very poor plumbing, heating and infrastructure in stores, leaks in roof etc. that are not rectified. Standards of cleanliness in staff areas very poor - up to the management in
 - more...
Spent my time being bullied and verbally abused. Wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management have no clue what they are doing. Avoid at all cost. Never experienced anything like it.
Pros
Cons
disgusting working conditions, horrible management
Why would you work there?
The place is a kip.

The only good thing about the place was my fellow co-workers.

If you get the opportunity to join. DON'T.

Management are useless. Even the money in the tills were ridiculous. They wouldnt have what you needed in the in the safe in the office and you would have to scrape all the small change for the customers.

When I first worked there I got multiple colds from the working conditions. They never permanently fixed the heating system in the place. God Bless all of us that worked there. My asthma even returned because of that place.

Sometimes you were told to do something without someone showing you how to do it. You're also dependent on the supervisors so they can do refunds
Absolute ATROCIOUS place to work. The management are ridiculous and never EVER care about their staff. This goes for across the board. Treated like animals. Would NOT reccomend to anyone. I worked there for almost two years and I know the places inside and out... DO NOT WORK THERE.
A complete shower to work for no respect for staff at all its like a fas scheme wit the hours u get every week , also forklift drivers r NOT paided enough either .. poor poor company
Fab company, great support, all management are always around if help is needed. Left to run your store trusted as a manager to get on with your job..
Pros
Salary, job security
Cons
This place is a hole of a place I worked there for 3 months I was bullied from the first week up until I left by the manager and one supervisor he thought he was the manager he was always hungover taking it out on employees the pay is terrible and the hours worse I was genuinely suicidal until I left avoid if value life nothing is good enough and one staff member I really wanted to report him for harassment 3 months of my life I’m never gettin bk
Pros
Cons
Low pay treated like dirt
This company is an absolute shambles . On the plus side you can definitely work your way up the ladder depending on how much extra special attention your willing to give to management . Dont be too quick to report bullying to any form of management as it will result in being sacked.
Bullying is a serious problem in the Waterford store. The person in question started as assistant manager and is now the manager. I've complained on more than one occasion to HR but I was ignored, even though I'm not the only person to complain about his behaviour.

Hours and pay are low, you're better of on the dole. The store is understaffed and you're expected to do a lot more than you're physically able to. If you don't get everything done, which happens regularly, there's no end to the complaints from the odious character mentioned above.

There's no heating in the store so during the winter months it's bitterly cold. I suspect the room temperature fell below what is allowed under health and safety regulations on multiple occasions last winter. We weren't allowed to wrap up to keep warm either.

The only positives were my colleagues and the customers who were quite nice to deal with.

If you get an interview for this company or are offered a job by them, run a country mile! It's not worth the hassle and the stress.
It is very very good working experience to work for Homesavers and it's a job for you if you like challenges and want to work for a good company Homesavers is for you and specially my store manager supervisors and higher management are very co-operative and supportive and we have very
hardworking,dedicated and friendly staff.
Some of my colleagues were great workers and willing to learn with my guidance,
Most other colleagues were there just for the money not to even work.

Management is none existent it's all a 2 level system us and them. No support from senior members of staff.

My voice and the voice of sales assistant was never heard. It was felt like we were lower class.

The working conditions were very poor the shop has no heating subzero conditions. When it was hotter outside then in our store. There was never room for customer service. It was all about targets and sales

The most negative experience of my working life. I would never recommend this place for employment.
I learned in homesavers a lot, how to stock the shelves, serve people at the cash till on busy time. Meeting new people, helping customers to find what they where looking in the store.
Very trap contract with 6 hours contract pulled out with some emotional blackmail it will be ok full time.
Worse ever seen comercial ecological disaster in Ireland while anyone would open black bin.
Pros
You migt find site build at dumped youknowwhom post-nuclear ore grovel site an extra
Cons
Might end life shorter than 19th century british chimney sweeper
Brilliant managers and supervisors but very cold and very slow tills no staff discount 10 cent extra for working Sundays not enough hours 10 hour contract you have to sign
Absolute shambles of a company, Expect you to do things that you’ve no idea how to do because you were never shown or told properly. Manager Hasent a clue !
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
Job itself was fine, always received customer compliments!!! Which should be more important than managements critique. Colleagues were fine as we were all being treated the same. Job is no good for someone who needs flexible hours for work/home life. Manager is a BULLY!! Even while he was assistant manager! Also if you report him, HR will just say its your work against his, even though several complaints had gone against him.
Pros
Pocket money
Cons
Absolutely no respect for their staff or management
Treat people like dogs and expect loyalty and commitment.

Area support (so called) rude,obnoxious with absolutely no people skills should not have any power over peoples lives.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything long hours, they won’t pay you properly