HomeSavers

HomeSavers Employee Reviews

Absolute shambles
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick20 January 2020
This company is an absolute shambles . On the plus side you can definitely work your way up the ladder depending on how much extra special attention your willing to give to management . Dont be too quick to report bullying to any form of management as it will result in being sacked.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford26 November 2019
Bullying is a serious problem in the Waterford store. The person in question started as assistant manager and is now the manager. I've complained on more than one occasion to HR but I was ignored, even though I'm not the only person to complain about his behaviour.

Hours and pay are low, you're better of on the dole. The store is understaffed and you're expected to do a lot more than you're physically able to. If you don't get everything done, which happens regularly, there's no end to the complaints from the odious character mentioned above.

There's no heating in the store so during the winter months it's bitterly cold. I suspect the room temperature fell below what is allowed under health and safety regulations on multiple occasions last winter. We weren't allowed to wrap up to keep warm either.

The only positives were my colleagues and the customers who were quite nice to deal with.

If you get an interview for this company or are offered a job by them, run a country mile! It's not worth the hassle and the stress.
Brilliant company to work for lots of Career opportunities for progression
Assistant Store manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle West, County Limerick23 November 2019
It is very very good working experience to work for Homesavers and it's a job for you if you like challenges and want to work for a good company Homesavers is for you and specially my store manager supervisors and higher management are very co-operative and supportive and we have very
hardworking,dedicated and friendly staff.
Most negative experience of my life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, County Louth17 November 2019
Some of my colleagues were great workers and willing to learn with my guidance,
Most other colleagues were there just for the money not to even work.
Management is none existent it's all a 2 level system us and them. No support from senior members of staff.
My voice and the voice of sales assistant was never heard. It was felt like we were lower class.
The working conditions were very poor the shop has no heating subzero conditions. When it was hotter outside then in our store. There was never room for customer service. It was all about targets and sales
The most negative experience of my working life. I would never recommend this place for employment.
Learn as you go
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Nenagh, County Tipperary12 November 2019
I learned in homesavers a lot, how to stock the shelves, serve people at the cash till on busy time. Meeting new people, helping customers to find what they where looking in the store.
Neurons die becouse UV blue light, shorter life span becouse broken chemicals mixed
Warehouse Assistant Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin29 October 2019
Very trap contract with 6 hours contract pulled out with some emotional blackmail it will be ok full time.
Worse ever seen comercial ecological disaster in Ireland while anyone would open black bin.
Pros
You migt find site build at dumped youknowwhom post-nuclear ore grovel site an extra
Cons
Might end life shorter than 19th century british chimney sweeper
Very cold shop in Newcastlewe8
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle West, County Limerick25 October 2019
Brilliant managers and supervisors but very cold and very slow tills no staff discount 10 cent extra for working Sundays not enough hours 10 hour contract you have to sign
All round terrible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath3 June 2019
Absolute shambles of a company, Expect you to do things that you’ve no idea how to do because you were never shown or told properly. Manager Hasent a clue !
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
Ideal position for pocket money if you can handle being bullied.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford23 April 2019
Job itself was fine, always received customer compliments!!! Which should be more important than managements critique. Colleagues were fine as we were all being treated the same. Job is no good for someone who needs flexible hours for work/home life. Manager is a BULLY!! Even while he was assistant manager! Also if you report him, HR will just say its your work against his, even though several complaints had gone against him.
Pros
Pocket money
Worst company ever!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 February 2019
Absolutely no respect for their staff or management
Treat people like dogs and expect loyalty and commitment.
Area support (so called) rude,obnoxious with absolutely no people skills should not have any power over peoples lives.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Everything long hours, they won’t pay you properly