HSE South

HSE South Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Healthcare Assistant2 reviews
Ireland2 reviews

Love the job I do

I have been working in this company since 2006,love the job I do and I work hard for the needs of my clients, never let anyone down, and work as a team

I love the job I do looking after the elderly is such an enriching experience . Every day is different behind every older person's door is a story .

The problem with being a healthcare assistant for the Hse out in the community is we work long days. Our service is in high demand in the morning up until lunch ,the afternoons not so much so in order for me to make a wage I go out again in the evening as this is also a time that's in demand . So if you can follow my drift I finish most days around three o clock but I am back out again for sixthirty so my time is spent watching the clock . Some of my colleagues are working 12 days with 2 days off then back into a 12 day cycle again in order to make a decent living hence my reason for looking elsewhere at this stage for regularity and security.

Pros

Looking after wonderful people

Cons

The long days to make up the hours, plus we spend a minimum of 30 minutes with some of the people we take care of, very few of us leave after 30 minutes, sometimes it's not possible and so that's our time we are giving .

Insights into HSE South

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSE South. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement