HSE South

Support Worker3 reviews
Ireland3 reviews

3.7Pay & benefits

Good

Good company to work with vegdefddfbGood. Interesting at times. Long hrs. But you get a lot out of the job. That’s if you put the work in. Managers and team leads support

Management issues

The job itself is stressful enough without management deliberately making staffs working day harder. Alot of petty behaviour that's completely unnecessary.

Pros

Good wages good breaks

Cons

Long days, night shifts, management

Insights into HSE South

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Energising work tasks

Interesting and Different every day.

Meeting families, earning trust, engaging with them and helping them change concrete views and generational traits and practices when are passed from one generation to the next without thinging or questioning the patters. When the partner does not agree with this style of parenting how they can listen and really understand the other persons view. Meet with children and give them a voice if they so choose in the middle of the parental dificulties. I learn as much from the families as they open their minds to change when we are working together. I have many different aspects to my day and my role working with the family. I meet with work coleagues on a daily basis and I meet my line manager twice a month for reflective practice discussions, which helps me to know the direction I will go with my case and where I eventually wnat to end up with my cases. In other words it takes me out of the case and cocentrates on the needs of the particular families at that time. For me personally the hardest part is that I work part time and the familys being referred in are very high numbers. The waiting lists are long.There is a need for more people working with families. The most enjoyable part is bringing change to a family and seeing how they go on and manage and develop and this in turn helps the children and their environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSE South. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare HSE South with

• HSE South
  • Support Worker
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?