HSE

HSE Employee Reviews

Ireland44 reviews

Ok

Worked there for sixteen years no support very bad communication very little hours would not advise anyone to work for this set up all very cushy cushy no uniform or ppe on your own most of the time my advice would be to stay well away didn't care about client rushed personal care can't imagine what it's like today

Pros

Cons

Poor communication

hard work / under paid understaffed poorly managed unappreciated bullying ignored from top down

early start late breaktime no resting, continuously work load increase throughout the day. late finish ... no time owed or relief limited holidays availabilities no request annual leave awarded

Pros

nothing

Cons

long long hours and fast turnaround between day off

not good dont like foreigners working for them

no good in the cork area of ireland wish they would employ managers with a brain......... go do yourselves a favour and work elsewhere i should have taken the job at siemens not hse cork

Interesting and engaging

Good working environment in general. Great team work and good report system in terms of colleague, Team leads, and/or managers.Sports and Health culture is a norm and lifestyle in HSE.

Has been a great place to work especially during COVID. Everyone looking for the best for your work needs. Plenty of support.

Personal support during the COVID 19, pandemic was very much uppermost on the priority list within the HSE. Very flexible with working hours so work life balance for me was everything. Overall I could not find any fault.

Pros

Great work home balance 👍

Cons

Fortunately for me no cons.

Good pay, people are very nice

Management need to focus on communication at all levels. They should also use the experience of their callers to improve future processes, communication strategies and overall atmosphere.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management removed from caller experiences

They wear you down and don't care about you

Awful experience working with the HSE. Stuck in the dark ages, total churn and burn set up run by inefficient and disinterested people. I watched multiple fantastic nurses come and go so quickly due to their inflexible, uncooperative badly managed set up. I wouldn't advise applying to the HSE if you are looking for a job that offers career progression, flexible working hours, kindness and understanding from management and colleagues. I was so excited to start my HSE nursing job but was expected to start early, finish late with no extra time off/ payment. Life is short, look elsewhere!

Pros

State run so you get sick pay+pension

Cons

Very poorly treated and disrespected.

Up to date training available, cpr, hygiene, health and safety ect

I work as a HCA in emergency dept, no two days are ever the same, mundane stocking up, folding linen, ordering stock, then dealing with doctors, assisting doctors during examinations, lumbar punctures, gynae, helping nurses in resus during major traumas, which can be adrenaline driven, hectic at times, escorting patients to MRIs, CT, xrays, comforting upset families, due to sudden deaths.

Pros

Extremely varied days, good network of colleagues, working with different personalities, and nationalities, great job satisfaction.

Cons

Stressful at times, answering to alot of people, exhausting at times, working nights.

Carer full time

I looked after both parents for 6 years I was unable to work anywhere else during this time as it was a full time carers position, i was paid Carers Allowance/Benefit. It was stressful and rewarding at the same time and i will never regret my decision to leave my employment and take this on.

toxic environment

nasty workplace, backstabbing, a culture of blame, incompetent staff. Simple software is beyond them, a culture of covering up mistakes, the worst place I have ever worked

Looking for a change

I enjoyed working as a nurse for the last 25 years but now would like to see what else is out there. I am motivated and loyal. I am ready for a new challenge.

Very produxrive depending on staff levels

Offer early retirement to.those who do not wish or are unable to apply them self,s to the job at hand , this would allow new staff in and a more upbeat world environmental

HSE Ireland abuses medical staff

Very low pay and high taxes. Racist in their approach. Unfair treatment of foreign doctors and their families. My entire family worked as doctors in Ireland and now all of us have left and I am advising every person I come across who requires advice about working in Ireland to NEVER EVER make the mistake of working for the HSE in Ireland

Job

Nice place to work with lots of flexibility. Pensionable job. Wage could be better. Wouod recommend to a friend. Work not too stressful. 30 minute drive to work for me.

Well i miss working with hse at the movement

I love working with hse if i get a chance again in near future satisfied and respect i got i am very glad i have done 4yrs and people are very nice to me i should thanks to irish gave me the chance to work with hse

Okay place to work depending on which department you are assigned to

A busy place, I have covered Reception in Medical Social Work, this included dealing with patients, other colleagues on a daily basis. Working supplies for the office. HSE Mental Health. Reception/Secretary, extremely busy phone line, lots of queries from patients and their relatives. A good place to work.

It’s a great place to work, but I personally want to change direction

I’ve worked here 6 years now and would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into the health care business. I feel myself personally it time for a change in direction. I have to travel a 40 minute commute daily and would like something near my home from now on

Best workplace

The best place to work by far. You can strike a gud balance between work and family. Flexible working hours, working from home and remuneration is great.

I have worked with the company for 19 years

Part of primary care team in Dublin area. Supervise staff. Ordering office equipment. Dealing with public. Using the SAP system for payroll. Using the SAP system for payment.

My Review as a Foster Carer

I am a Full time Foster Carer over 7 years now employed by the HSE and the job I do is so very rewarding to me day in and day out as I get to see this little child grow into a beautiful young boy.

over all an okay place to work

not a bad place to work. the hardest part of the job is that you are dealing with sick people but you get used to it. management can be a bit of a pain they become set in their ways as happens when you work in the public sector.

Pros

interaction with the patients

Cons

no perks what so ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement