Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,552 reviews
Nice place to work great staff.Hotel is jn good condition.We have a good mangement staff willing to help at any time..We have a few cook outs during the year we also have birthday parties every month .
Pros
Godd discounts on food
Cons
Break always cut short
Hyatt hotel is a great fun place to work. Great people to work with. You learn from other departments like culinary, engineering. Great working restaurant and banquet kitchen. Sometimes your scheduled to restaurant kitchen or banquet kitchen.
Pros
Free paid lunch break.
Cons
30 minute lunch and 15 minute breaks
Diverse work place with multiple nationalities and cultures. Company promotes within and has a lot of long serving employees. Great benefits and good work/life balance. Leadership is approachable and sets clear goals for everyone.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, everyone is helpful
Cons
I learned to think through situations to create sustainable solutions through a collaborative process. At the time the Guest was the focus but unfortunately times have changed,
Pros
the training
Cons
politics
Work-life balanceThis is a great team to be apart of, not only because they have awesome hospitality but they give you that family vibe as if you never left home. I loved working there.Pay & benefitsThey have great opportunities that you can take advantage of to better yourselfOverallIf you want to be part of a team, The Hyatt is the best place to start. Great Hospitality and great opportunities. I'ved learned alot while working here.
Been with company for 6 1/2 years and only gone up $1.02 in pay. Management only like those who kiss up to them. Only good thing are benefits and free hotel stays after working for a year
Pros
Free Hotel Stays after 1 yr and good benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Pay
Good Job in Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile. I have learning a lot.My really very nice colleges.The work day is really strong. We have worked a lot.The hardest part was catering and housework
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Productive and funny. if they can give me another opportunity I can go back and work there.its an interesting place to work at. Very clean environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
The Hyatt I worked at had a great family style environment. The managers were very helpful and understanding if you needed something. I was a pastry cook and working in kitchens is always a hit or miss situation, but with the Hyatt it was by far one of the best run kitchens I have ever worked in. If one team starts falling behind the other teams rally together to make sure everything is done and sorted for the guests.
Pros
Free lunches, PTO based on and hourly percentage, healthcare, dental, vision, 401K
Cons
High-stress environment
I truly and honestly miss working for this company. I worked at three different locations in California and Massachusetts, and built the beginnings of a career for myself thanks to management who truly cared to help their employees learn and grow both personally and professionally.Cultural expectations were high - every manager I worked with at this company was open, receptive, and open to teaching. They will push you to do the best job that you can do, and support your success every step of the way.
Pros
Management, amazing work culture, growth potential
Cons
Very corporate structured work environment, Creativity isn't always encouraged since there is an established and successful 'Hyatt Way'
Management has no idea what they’re doing, if you’re off and next shift isn’t there yet they’ll force you to stay knowing you can’t. Always prioritize themselves and the business over the employees. Really good pay but not worth all the bs they put people though. Barely any training they just throw you in so prior experience would be a plus for yourself. Great tips* hourly rate is okay but not the best considering the workload
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, always hours
Cons
No breaks, hard to take lunch, selfish
Know going in this establishment is dysfunctional and can be off putting. There is a definite click that actually runs this hotel due to the vast absence of the GM working.
Worked at Hyatt for almost two years in Orange County. Management and HR are shady and not willing to work with you in most cases. They really prioritize the guest over their employees, and that says a lot.
The team was so positive and outgoing, management wasnt very well put into place, and exercised and , schedules are not flexible for me was the hardest part. The perks were great and the option to earn more money was there with bonuses.
Pros
Helping others, meet great people, busy and fast paced at times
Cons
Hotel needed renovation and better management
It was fun to be their I served my duty as a Yoga Instructor and gym instructor in Hyatt Regency Dharamshala Resort, I left my job just because they are not giving my post title to be for which they appoint me.
Excelente empresa con buenas prestaciones y beneficios al empleado. Buen ambiente laboral y muy comprometidos con brindar un excelente servicio.
Pros
Plan de vida y carrera, prestaciones.
Cons
Niguno
Poor management and dirty kitchen with mice.lazy staff. The GM was awful and showed favoritism to employees. No call no shows and the pay is awful...
not a bad place to work at i left cause they continued to add more job responsibilities to my work load with out adding more pay. They also would not listen when i would have issues with the needs of the guest needing to be met which i felt reflected not only bad on the hotel but also myself.
Pros
not a bad place to work
Cons
could be managed better from the top down
Learned alot at the hyatt many different cooking techniques and cutting . Also food preparations as well. From soups to salads to delicious desserts I learned alot.
I worked there for about 2 years until the pandemic caused me to lose my job. The best thing about the job is the travel benefits if you work at a corporate location.
Management is the problem. They also base their scheduling and job duties based off “seniority” so basically if you’re new don’t expect fairness. They have their favorites.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Work/home life, Management
  1. Employee reviews