Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Showing all 9,732 reviews
Nice place to work great staff.Hotel is jn good condition.We have a good mangement staff willing to help at any time..We have a few cook outs during the year we also have birthday parties every month .
Pros
Godd discounts on food
Cons
Break always cut short
Management is not very experienced and the ownership is fledgling. This is an organization that has very poor communication with their people. No feedback is given (good or bad), no training is offered, and ownership is contradictory to the GM. Very disorganized and not on the same page with anything. A truly awful experience to work there.
Pros
The bay view is very nice
Cons
terrible at communication and establishing expectations
It was fun to have a job like that and meeting new people all across the world also the coworkers are nice i could do whatever i want it was the best experience
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
working with colleagues who supported my role in any situation was wonderful. management team, such as managers and human resource department were very resourceful and professional.working at Hyatt Regency Auckland was the best job i've ever had.
Pros
best people
Cons
no overtime money
Work hard play hard . A lot of management support and ability to promote if you work hard and follow guidelines. Pay was fair but not as high as other hotels but the family culture and ability to grow made up for that
The company was amazing everything work related it was organized. Every morning we had meeting on how the day will unfold. It gave the true essence of how work in the industry is and what it required from me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed most of my time working for Hyatt. Was great when Hyatt actually owned the hotel. When the hotel was taken over by different companies it got worse each time. The last company got rid of everyone who had been there a long time. People who had been loyal employees were let go. So I guess my experience could have been better.
Pros
Nice clientele
Cons
Company changed hands alot
I love working at Grand Hyatt in the Bahamas they love their staff they are very understanding and fair it a joy working for this company i will not have it no other way grand Hyatt takes care of their staff they provide health care insurance and so many things
Pros
Free lunch they clean your uniform transportation
Cons
Long hours depending on a guest if they want late service
I would recommend working for Hyatt as a stepping stone to getting ahead with hospitality experience.There are opportunities to improve work skills at Hyatt and its important to take great care in understanding the requirements to get job done efficiently.
Pros
Good treatment of workers.
Cons
Worked for more then a year with no response of work advancement or improvement.
I really enjoyed my time with Hyatt. In my opinion and working with other companies, hyatt is the best company to work for. I would work for hyatt anytime if given the opportunity again.
Great hotel...coworkers are friendly...free meals for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Employee discount to work there. Always busy especially when there is a big function
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
I would pass on the Hotel, company and especially the GM. I have had some bad Managers before but the guy they have right now would use your head as stepping stone to get closer to HIS goals. Certainly would throw you under the bus to even save himself from embarrassment much less his job. Work life balance was the worst I'd ever had. Was told a temporary pay cut was happening and it went on for 7 months. Bonuses joke. Benefits ok at best. Upper management cliquey and I think the only nice thing I could say was that some of the line level employees were fun to work with. The rest was a snake pit. Glad I'm not there anymore. I'm not even going to put this job on my resume out of fear they know the hotel.
Cons
i worked housekeeping department as a housekeeper .when i work i did not fell any difficulty and i did not fell along. i learn how to control the complain .
Pros
free lunch
Cons
overtime pay
I did not have a great time at Grand Hyatt Mumbai. The people were extremely rude, and overall a toxic environment at Grand Hyatt Mumbai. They pay was really low and the HR management was careless and unwilling to help!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Drawback, there was only 1 computer for food & beverage accounts payable. The people I worked with were GREAT, we supported each other and worked like a Swiss time piece.
Pros
Kona coffee
Cons
Women couldn't wear pants with their suites. Discrimination.
The management or great the staff is very good security is very good housekeeping is very good I just love the Hyatt the guest the people I work with are great I work with all nationalities
Pros
I also love the free lunches
Cons
Also love the benefits they have
Always enjoyed coming to work. Not alot of opportunities to move up as it's run by a management company whom doesn't compensate well either. But I did have fun and enjoyed the feeling of being connected with a work family.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Not allowed on property when off work.
I worked there in late 1990's staff helpful and friendly and was fantastic place to work. Nice experience. Would highly recommend to anyone seeking work.
Pros
Free lunch i think or discounts
Cons
No more longer than average job.
ZERO work life balance. You could work 12 days in a row sometimes with back to back hours 3PM-11:30PM then 6AM-3PM the very next day. Hyatt is an island of itself they even encourage dating co-workers because you have no time for your own life. Favoritism is shown to transient managers who will fire experienced staff in an attempt to clean the slate. If you do apply make sure it's a union position or you will be expected to take a pay cut to advance in title. Great for learning hospitality is the only good part.
Pros
Hospitality training
Cons
Penny Pritzker the owner is also the United States Secretary of Commerce, this is a conflict of intrest.
Know going in that this is not a corporate Hyatt. It is a franchise. The general manager is absolutely clueless and spends very little time at the hotel. There is a small group of individuals running the hotel and he just blindly goes along with them. It is a cutthroat environment and they care nothing about the employees of the hotel.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Cutthroat environment where upper level management cares nothing at all for the staff at the hotel.
I worked there for the 2020/2021 ski season and was excited to be there...at first. I quickly learned the communication was non-existent, the support from management was horrible, and the training was an absolute hysterical joke. I was trained by a girl who had been there 3 days (yes, you read that right, THREE DAYS) longer than myself. I had about an hour of "training" before I was put at the desk to answer phones. I had no idea what I was doing and management acted like they were confused as to why I was frustrated.
Pros
Beautiful views of the mountains
Cons
Training, management, benefits, communication, unhappy atmosphere
  1. Employee reviews