Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Banquet Manager

Banquet Manager34 reviews
Amazing coworkers and supportive management. Working here is like being apart of a team and accomplishing a shared goal. Management reflects an example to follow
The people for the most part are ok. The benefits package is lacking. Pay is subpar for the work that they require. General morale among employees is wretched.
If I didn't move to Albuquerque New Mexico I would still possibly be working with this company as we speak. The employees and management are great!!!!
The Hyatt is a great company to work for as long as things are run efficiently and smoothly. There is a strong team support there as long as the management team currently there it’s doing a great job. Unfortunately management changes regularly so you have to get used to different styles on our two-year plus basis.
Pros
Great benefits and the Hyatt team is like a family
Cons
Reduce staffing and or workforce unavailable causes management to do all the work
I learned a lot about banquet and event, work with quick pace. Set up and time management are very important. I liked to work in a friendly team of professionals, in a luxurious hotel.
Only good things to say, HR is always available to help with any questions, work related or personal. Free employee meals, free parking for supervisors and above, good benefits.
It's been a number of years since I worked for Hyatt, though I remember it as a generally wonderful experience. Ultimately I left having reached a position with other managers ahead of me, leaving me without room to grow and I had not wanted to stagnate.
Fun JOB, IT WAS A GREAT PLACE and had lots of fun. Would recommend and would work there again. Peaceful atmosphere and busy times happen. Worked a lot of weddings.
Overall depending on your position you can like or even grown in this place, unfortunately all is about politics or bureaucracy in this place, benefits are amazing and health benefits are not the best but they are not the worst as well. Hospitality is a really hard work, there is great benefits to it but you have to put up a lot from the guest and managers.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts in other hotels and more...
Working for Hyatt was a very rewarding experience. There was always room for growth. I learned a lot of valuable knowledge that I have taken with me to other opportunities.
If you are looking to launch yourself in the Hospitality industry, the Hyatt is the best place to start for hotels. Their teams are well chose, the atmosphere is a perfect hub to get your foot through the door, and the culinary side of the business is very appealing if you are looking to launch yourself in that field.
This is a great company to work with, which really takes care of the employees by monitoring them in professional and personal ways.
The management is always touch base with its core members of each and every team to guide them to be the best in the division.

It always believes on we care for people so, they can be their best.

Hyatt has made me a better professional out of being a Man.
Pros
Great care for the employees
Cons
no such
Great environment for career driven individuals. Many opportunities available at all levels of employment.

Will have opportunity to learn and grow.
Pros
advancement, salaries, benefits, networking, many locations around the world
Cons
competition for employment (pro?)
working with people on a daily basis is what I love to do, setting up weddings, conventions, meetings, etc seeing the joy on peoples faces when everything comes together is what made the job that much better. However working at this Hyatt was very draining it was never the guest it was the people that I worked with the city of Cambridge is very small and working at the Hyatt there were a lot of favorites in the departments a lot of clicks a lot of crews and when you don't want to be apart of said groups that was an issue. There was always a lot of drama within the banquet department
Always, walking in with a smile the staff is almost like your family there working with but are also engaged with you. Fun employees and the management is always looking out for you.
Pros
cafeteria, benefits
Cons
I am thankful for my previous organization, I have learnt a lot of things from there, According to me changes are necessary for everyone to enhance your skills, knowledge and for personnel growth.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Flexible Hours
Awesome management and staff, very helpful with everything on a regular basis to make it an enjoyable workplace. I learned how to properly setup and handle functions taking place in the hotel.
Pros
Hotel discounts
I began my journey with Hyatt in 1996, where I started out as an on-call banquet server..I bartended as well when the need arose..
after six months time there, I became a full time banquet employee..my responsibilities grew as well as myself..

I was recognized by my peers as an ALLSTAR, and after two years I became a banquet lead with greater responsibilities that included, PAYROLL, staffing, sceduling, ordereing and even interviewing and hiring of new associates..

My time with Hyatt came to an end in 2015, when I moved home because of family matters,,

I was born and raised here in Toledo/Maumee..
Pros
free lunches, free rooms with Hyatt all around the World!!, free dry cleaning, and an excellent benefit package!!!!!
Cons
off property events were always challenging
Busy days. Learned how to be successful at any task. My manager was an amazing manager which good goals. I worked by myself most of the time. Hardest part about my job was working by myself. I enjoyed looking at my accomplishments.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Worked by myself
I have learned new things as an Assistant Manager that allows me to assess difficult situations from a managerial prospective. I love the environment that my co-workers because they make hard and/or difficult times at work easier to deal with.
Pros
Experience, long lasting friendships
Cons
Short or no breaks
I've worked for the Grand Hyatt for 7 years and have nothing but positive feedback when I talk about the company .Our goal was to provide authentic hospitality ,we were constantly thinking of innovated ideas to reach our goal this to me is my idea of fun.

I started as a graveyard employee working the 24hr coffee shop ,with hard work and willingness to learn. Ive was promoted throughout the years reaching a assistant Banquet & Convention Services Manager.Grand Hyatt was a big supporter during the process .
benefits