Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Bartender

Hyatt iyeself was a great company and I would go back in a heart beat; however, management at B&B lacks communication and there is no real balance between work and life. I enjoyed my time working here though as most of the staff was amazing and fun to work with. Plus the benefits made it all worth it.
Management has changed ive heard but it was awful other than the immediate manager in restaurant who sadly has quit. The whole place is stressful and incredibly fast paced at times. Many servers broke down and quit some crying. Though if your good at your job you get the good shifts and make an insane amount of money. Even with all the bad stuff if your a good server definately take this job its the highest paying server job in lexington.
Positive atmosphere, great pay, slow in down season, uniform laundered on site, awesome food and break room, nice people, beautiful location, rich in culture.
When I started working at Hyatt, I just needed a job. It provided me and my family with the health insurance and income that we needed. The people and management were very nice and I enjoy maintaining community with them.
Good environment to work.The management are helpful to every employee. Best place to recommend others who wants to work.Very good benefits and co-workers are friendly and good.
After seven years at the Hyatt, I noticed most employees are there for a paycheck. I cared about my position and the service I could provide, it was very frustrating not having team members who tried to meet service standards.
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch in San Antonio is a great place to work. Management is very engaged with staff, they treat everyone fairly, and they give you opportunities to succeed. I worked as a bartender, and the busy season was great. Only downside is that it's a seasonal job. But I will definitely return for the next season.
The Banquet area is a revolving door, due to the lady manager. She has no management skills, and it wouldn't hurt for her to go to school and actually learn managing techniques and common employment laws. Her mood swings are questionable, and her overall unethical management style creates a revolving door of employees within that department. If the Hyatt lets her go, and hires a more qualified banquet manager, they will save on training cost. It cost a business money to hire and train new employees, as well as it does hiring temps. This lady manager does not treat temps fairly as well. She is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Cons
The lady banquet manager
The place is good but the problem is you can work there for a long time as casual as I did and when you are a casual the HOD they don't recognize you as there employee and they can dismiss you any time or stop you working.
Pros
Yes they do give free lunch
Cons
As casual you have time to clock in no time to clock out especially when is busy
Despite the fact that I worked in Hayat for a short time, I managed to learn a lot. My colleagues have always supported me in this. And thus I shared my knowledge. When I started working here, I seemed to feel at home, because the colleagues who worked with me were very sincere and friendly. The work environment was excellent. There was a lot of job enrichment and opportunities for growth. My time at Hyatt was valuable, it helped me to learn a lot. It is a very renowned hotel no doubt. They can balance your life, they are providing food, accomodation , pick up and drop, accomodation is also very standard.
I would say overall the Abb restaurant is ok. It is not busy consistently , so you can walk out of there with 250 or 50 bucks in tips. ( well not literally because most of the tips are on credit cards that you receive in your paycheck at the end of week
Pros
You can meet a lot of different people from all over
Cons
Long evening hours, whether you’re busy or not.
Its a nice place for someone who's down on their luck to chill before figuring out something better to do. The duties of a hotel are easy but the work environment is toxic.
I love the company. It's a very good place to work, the company and the benefits are great. You have the opportunity to grow within the company. I have learned a lot regarding the importance of customer service.
Good company to work for. Unfortunately the property I work for isn’t the greatest. Out of touch management making decisions that negatively effect all staff but betters their careers.
Pros
Free lunches, free hotel rooms
Cons
Management changes frequently
The Hyatt pays great and has great staff. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to be apart of a fun, fast-paced, and non-stressful work environment.
I worked for 2 locations previously. best hotel experience I ever had! Lots of opportunities to learn and grow in an empathy oriented culture. Made life long friends who I consider family.
Pros
Well detailed and people oriented
Cons
Sometimes you work a lot
Provide service to guests, greet everyone with a smile, treat co-workers and guest with utmost respect. I learned about the hospitality business Management was continuously changing The hardest part of the job was the hours and pay The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
Company issued uniforms
Cons
Hours and pay
Gran compañía en la cual se me brindo mi primer oportunidad en el ramo hotelero.
Pros
Constante aprendizaje
Great place to work mangers are great and provides any help needed great staff love to work with the quest come from all over the world and open arms
Pros
Great people
Cons
No cons
This job focused heavily on guest relations. The most difficult part of the job is handling the volume while simultaneously maintaining attention to detail.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
fellow employees abuse of PTO (calling out of work last minute)
There is always something to do when you work in a corporate environment, someone makes sure of it. The campus is nice, the managers reasonable, but it is a job and it is expected to be taken seriously as you are an ambassador for the company on the floor.
Pros
Consistent schedule
Cons
Uniform/Specific communication rules