Hyatt

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Bartender

Hyatt iyeself was a great company and I would go back in a heart beat; however, management at B&B lacks communication and there is no real balance between work and life. I enjoyed my time working here though as most of the staff was amazing and fun to work with. Plus the benefits made it all worth it.
Managers at that property come and go I was working there for 11 years and just recently got fired do to new management lack of communication, they do not know the union rules, they are racist and they have Friends working there with lower seniority, so they have conspire to get rid of upper seniority so that their friends could get more days and hours on the schedule. H.R is for management not for employees, overall they need to teach the managers to be fair go by the union book and stop harassing upper seniority.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no help from management, manager harrassment.
This was a great experience for me getting back in the work force after having children. I enjoyed the interactions with the guest and had a great working experience,
Time went by fast during one of the three shifts only, it dragged. Lots of drama. Any complaint you had, GM would not address the problem. Lot of negative talk about job from employees
There is racism and lots of high school drama most from the agm very hostile work environment I walked out and haven’t had one headache since don’t set yourself up to drain yourself for a job
Pros
Not one
Cons
One too many
on a daily basis, I was constantly understaffed, I served as the bartender, waitress and sometimes also the chef. I was also wrongfully terminated due to this understaffing
Pros
free food
Cons
manager was an alcoholic, and was aware of illegal activity going on in kitchen but did not report it to corporate, general manager swept employee drug use under the carpet/
Over all great place to work for. Typical day at work is checking in with management to go over paper work(EEO/Consumption report). Being such a spread out property there is a lot of moving parts. There will be last minute weather calls,extended time lines etc. What i learned the most with working for the Hyatt for 12 years is being part of a family/team. The several times when my mom was sick and I had to take a LOA for months on end. They where so supportive. Management was subpar. Great workplace culture.Always doing employee appreciation parties,themed dinner for the staff. The hardest part about working for lost pines is how spread out the resort is.On any giving day we can have a hour reception on the 12th hole of the golf course while there is a 300 person platted dinner going on in the main ball room.The staff and how much they truly care about there guest.That was the most enjoyable part of working for lost pines. There not just there for a pay check. They know hospitality.
Pros
Comped rooms/health insurance/401K
Cons
scheduling.
in Hyatt I learned everything about service,hospitality. It was unforgettable period in my life. one year I been HYSTAR( year diamond employer). Now I miss Hyatt
Bar area is visited by a nice group of guests. Coworkers are congenial. Corporate office makes decisions without speaking to all involved with decision.
Pros
Congenial clientele
Cons
Management always sides with customers, regardless of circumstances
If you're looking for a good place to start your career, or if you want to keep moving up in a position, or striving for relocation, this is a good place to do that
Pros
Free Hyatt stays
Cons
Can be routine
the typical day was making drinks from a ticket order that a server would send after they've visited a table in their section. i learn the different pallets of wine and the history of liquor.
Pros
all of it
Cons
when the hotel is overbooked
meeting people from all over the world working with a lot of people in many different events and learning from each other about food and culture having a vacation at other Hyatt was the best
Spotting incompetence is simple. Look for the people who know full well what they need to change about themselves to be more productive but refuse to do so. We all have flaws and areas in need of improvement. That’s normal and healthy. Moreover, sometimes these weaknesses remain for a time in our blind spots. But the moment an employee’s awareness has been raised, he has an obligation to begin remedying the flaw, not celebrating it. Those who do single themselves out as such are
I loved working with my co-worker and all of my immediate supervisors and managers. It is a great place to work with a very reasonable package that you could use in your life.
Pros
Free meal and fun people to work with
Cons
No steady work due to the nature of banquet service event
It was a great opportunity to learn more about hi end spirits and creating signature cocktails. However mid management was rotated from oversees properties and had no experience in US market. I left company with many others following better opportunities.
Pros
benefits and paid vacations
Cons
lack of middle management
My job at the hyatt would sometimes be very busy and overwhelming but the staff and management there would always have your back. They had award benefits for the employees and great benefits.
The F&B managers were terrible. They don't care about their employees. They are never around when you need them. There is no team work. The main manager is always in his office, one was fired and the other does room service and has no time for anything else. Definitely the worst management I've ever worked for.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
high turnover, bad management
bartending . bar Management , bar inventory . daily stock check. Food and Beverage service. closing and opening of a restaurant. hygiene, handle guest complains.
Pros
free food & transport & accommodation
Cons
When its great its Great. Slow spells can be a exhausting but thankfully there aren't too many. The benefits of working at a hotel are great. Meals are provided among many other great benefits.
I was in charge of all the wine for the fine dining restaurant. This is a really cool job. I learned a lot about wine and about all other types of food.
It was the best job i've had. Everything & everyone was real professional & had such a great vibe. Not really a hard work area just always fast paced. Would definitely work there again.