Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews for Executive Housekeeper

Executive Housekeeper44 reviews
Great company with opportunity to move up.Great employees/ co-workers to get a long with.Amazing atmosphere to work with other managers and supervisors to please every guest we come in contact with.
Being a manager at Hyatt Chesapeake Bay requires long hours and no home life if you have a family. High expectations from upper management and they look down on you if you put your family first. You will need to be willing to relocate to other Hyatt properties in order to get in the good graces of management. You have to get in good with a member of upper management in order to be promoted or advanced. They aren't looking to have a department manager with excellent personnel skills, overall knowledge of the department, and a love for the department. They are looking to promote their "Hyatt" managers and move them to other properties.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no family home life, if you are not willing to relocate then they have no need for you, have to know upper management in order to be promoted
It is a culturally diverse workplace with a focus on its employees and guests. The company offers good benefits and flexible schedules to active students.
Everyday when you leave work, you feel as if you accomplished everything that you set out to do. The team members you work with are more family than staff.
Working in a hotel has its challenges, but Hyatt has a culture of caring for its employees and managers. Benefits are great too. I’d highly recommend working for Hyatt.
I started as a housekeeping and it help me to improved my goals and determinate what I wanted to do in life. Later I become a supervisor. And I’m thankful for that.
I have never seen a company or job over work people like the Hyatt. I been in hotels for 14 years and this property needs a lot of work starting with the management company.
Management trusted my decisions and back me up all the time. We got so many training and courses. Good and fun atmosphere to work. Management was very supportive.
Typical work day is hitting the ground running for the 14-16 hours you're there. Hard to find a break for lunch as an operations manager. Management is quick to tell you what you did wrong rather than correct.
Pros
free lunch, health benefits, travel benefits
Cons
short breaks if any, poor work life balance
This was the best hotel environment I have ever worked in. There's room for advancement, training opportunities and compassionate and understanding management team.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hyatt?
Not really much of a work life balance especially if you are trying to move up in the company/. Hours are very long at the minimum 11 hours but most days 12 plus.
Going a lot better now, than when I first started. Hopefully it just gets better. Working hard to improve quality and performance, maybe with a lot of hard work, determination, and diligence, we will enhance the whole work environment.
Of all the years of customer service and hospitality, it pains me to say that it is absurd the way things are ran there. There is no line between friendship and work colleagues. Its hindering the hotel and the team they have.
Cons
extremely face passed stressful job but have great people to work around with. benifits are great but pay could be better. hours are difficult with a family
I loved working at the hyatt. Although i was overly busy which is a good thing, We were understaffed. The whole hotel staff are nice and we collaborate well with each other.
Pros
fun place to me
Cons
understaffed
day at work 16 hours
learned starbucks

management not fair

workplace very tiring

hardest not having enough employees

enjoyable opening the hotel

Having the responsibilty to manage my department would have made this job the best ever
Pros
the salary
Cons
never enough employees
Working at this company was ok. It provided free lunches and uniforms and laundry services free of charge. The work was a bit demanding because they are striving to be a five star hotel but is a work in progress. The managers and directors need some more training in how to speak and handle staff in a more respectful way. I believe with more training on the saying helping people so they can be there best really needs to be more focused on that aspect and not just a slogan. The line staff was good to work with and just wants to know they are appreciated for all the hard work and long hours they put in. As far as managers were concerned they need to trust them more in carrying out the task they were allotted to do on a daily basis and stop the micro managing. It is only discouraging some of there best performers.
Pros
Free lunches and laundry
Cons
To many long hours
I've nothing against the Hyatt brand. Linchris only gave the GM salary. Though my offer letter and contract clearly said salary, it became known that only the GM had salary while all other department heads were regulated to hourly, with approved overtime to achieve contracted "salary".
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Temporary staffing, an "assistant " who only "assists" on my two days off, spread thin, no or mis communication with front desk constantly
Over 10 years with the company and enjoyed every bit of it. Dedicated to my advancement and progressed my career. Great training programs and culture.
Love it.....constantly evolving facility upgrades through out the hotel, constant upgrades. Group business always keeps your talents sharpened and keen.
Pros
when its busy its buys
Cons
slow periods
Very busy workplace
Learned a lot which helped me to become an Executive Housekeeper.

Awesome management team that seek the success of their employee and help them to grow.

Very enjoyable workplace
Pros
free parking
Cons
paid lunch
4.5K